Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Senior Short Dance (Canadian Nats)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Also, when you look at the PCS, both in the SD and FD, Ralph/Hill were clearly sixth so the judges are sending them a not very subtle "YOU CAN LEAVE NOW" message. :P
    Please, the message sounds more like "You got to roll up your sleeves"!.
    With more work, they can come back. 2 years ago they were also out of contention and they pulled it together last year.
    Also, they are good enough to be kept in the pool, you never know what can happen to the top teams, as we have seen, last year P/I got injured, this year W/P. It is foolish to think a federation to send a team which was 13 in the world into retirement.
    Based on the results, they are 5th and part of the team, because W/P are injured.
    It is the same like when Tessa and Scott were out. 6 teams were on the roster.

Doris I am sure we will see R/H at least at a "B" competition next year.
    Last edited by herios; 01-20-2013 at 07:55 PM.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Maybe a coach change would be a good idea.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    ^^^^ I think so.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Yes , please.

Custom Title
    I would have to agree with Doris and Colleen in terms of a coaching change. It's obvious that R/H is a talented team but have been playing second fiddle to Paul Poirier...The ideal situation would have been for them to switch coaches last year to someone like Wing/Lowe. I understand that they have loyalty to the program at the Scarborough skating club, school etc but I think we can all agree that the only time they got decent programs is when Poirier/Crone disolved...nothing personal against Poirier but it's just obvious that at that rink - he is numero uno...

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    i would have to agree with doris and colleen in terms of a coaching change. It's obvious that r/h is a talented team but have been playing second fiddle to paul poirier...the ideal situation would have been for them to switch coaches last year to someone like wing/lowe. I understand that they have loyalty to the program at the scarborough skating club, school etc but i think we can all agree that the only time they got decent programs is when poirier/crone disolved...nothing personal against poirier but it's just obvious that at that rink - he is numero uno...
    ita.

Custom Title
    Deleted - error
    Last edited by Mao88; 01-20-2013 at 11:02 PM.

The results at Canadian Nationals were very predictable.

I (and probably most other people) got all the gold medalists correct.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    I would have to agree with Doris and Colleen in terms of a coaching change. It's obvious that R/H is a talented team but have been playing second fiddle to Paul Poirier...The ideal situation would have been for them to switch coaches last year to someone like Wing/Lowe. I understand that they have loyalty to the program at the Scarborough skating club, school etc but I think we can all agree that the only time they got decent programs is when Poirier/Crone disolved...nothing personal against Poirier but it's just obvious that at that rink - he is numero uno...
    Paul Poirier happens to be the most talented figure skater at that rink and so it's certainly possible that Carol Lane considers him to be her best pupil. But Paul and Asher Hill have a good friendship as far as I know.

Custom Title
    Hi Ryan - I agree with you that it is most likely that all skaters at the Scarborough club get along - judging by their tweets. I just have a hard time believing that the coaching staff cannot give both G/P and R/H solid programs. I mean they don't have the plethora of skaters as the Detroit Skating Club. And this has been going on for years. From an outsider's perspective it appears that it's acceptable to have R/H play second fiddle to G/P at that club...again I think this team would be better represented from another coaching team - whether Wing/Lowe or even Dubreil/Lauzon...

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm afraid they are going to finish out of where they will be funded...

when that happens, a lot of skaters either can't afford to continue or decide not to continue.

I hope R&H stay with it.

I particularly liked their programs last year.
    Asher Hill ‏@AsherHill
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and support! @KharisRalph and I have the greatest fans. Onward and upward #CNDS2014
    10:34 AM - 21 Jan 13

Hope that Ralph shares the sentiments that I've highlighted in bold.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Re "Onward & upward"

I hope so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3