Senior Short Dance (Canadian Nats) | Golden Skate

Senior Short Dance (Canadian Nats)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Senior Dance Short Dance
Mississauga, ON
2013 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships

Starting Order, per http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2013/2013CDNS/2013CDNSSrDanceShortsegStartOrders.pdf

1 Élisabeth Paradis / François-Xavier Ouellette QC
2 Larissa Van As / Troy Shindle BC/YT
3 Mélissande Dumas / David Mackay Perry QC
4 Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam CO

5 Andréanne Poulin / Marc-André Servant QC
6 Nicole Orford / Thomas Williams BC/YT
7 Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill CO
8 Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier CO
9 Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir WO​

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - POSITION AFTER 4 OF 9

RankCompetitorsSectionSDFDTOTAL
1Alexandra Paul & Mitchell IslamCO66.24-66.24
2Élisabeth Paradis & François-Xavier OuelletteQC51.20-51.20
3Larissa Van As & Troy ShindleBC/YT47.07-47.07
4Mélissande Dumas & David Mackay PerryQC40.86-40.86

Shaba22

Final Flight
SHORT DANCE
1 Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir 79.04
2 Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier 67.95
3 Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam 66.24
4 Nicole Orford / Thomas Williams 61.52
5 Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill 52.08
6 Élisabeth Paradis / François-Xavier Ouellette 51.20
7 Andréanne Poulin / Marc-André Servant 50.57
8 Larissa Van As / Troy Shindle 47.07
9 Mélissande Dumas / David Mackay Perry 40.86

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - RESULT

RankCompetitorsSectionSDFDTOTAL
1Tessa Virtue & Scott MoirWO79.04-79.04
2Piper Gilles & Paul PoirierCO67.95-67.95
3Alexandra Paul & Mitchell IslamCO66.24-66.24
4Nicole Orford & Thomas WilliamsBC/YT61.52-61.52
5Kharis Ralph & Asher HillCO52.08-52.08
6Élisabeth Paradis & François-Xavier OuelletteQC51.20-51.20
7Andréanne Poulin & Marc-André ServantQC50.57-50.57
8Larissa Van As & Troy ShindleBC/YT47.07-47.07
9Mélissande Dumas & David Mackay PerryQC40.86-40.86

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir's choreographer Jennifer Swan ‏@PerformanceArch is pleased :).
Nailed it! Well done Tessa and Scott #Carmen #CFSC2013
12:52 PM - 19 Jan 13​

emma

Record Breaker
Sorry to hear about Hill's fall on the twizzle...and I do miss W/P so much!!!! Great, great, great to hear that V/M brought it (and what a nice big score!!!) and I can't wait to see it :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The beginning looks a lot more sensible (not to mention prettier) now-they have changed the "Tessa is a troubled girl" gestures for "Tessa is a lovely young girl at a dance" gestures. Consequently, the change to doing a polka is less jarring than it was in the original version.

Congratulations to Tessa & Scott on a very nice performance.

emma

Record Breaker
great videos, thanks for sharing them!!! Wow, their SD just wowed my socks off. Did they add more polka steps - somehow, this was the first time I noticed or felt polka in this? Also, did they change the choreo lift at the end? Impressive, impressive, impressive skating!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree, that was a great improvement from GPF! And Scott actually appeared that he was enjoying the polka. ;)

Good job!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The start of the polka (music wise) seemed as abrupt as before to me--there might be a little more transitions from polka back to waltz it afterwards, but it's the sharp transition of going from depressed girl to polka girl that is gone now, and a very good thing that is IMO :) That might be what you're feeling. It's a much more coherent program than the first SD version they were doing at previous events. Again, IMO.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The start of the polka (music wise) seemed as abrupt as before to me--there might be a little more transitions from polka back to waltz it afterwards, but it's the sharp transition of going from depressed girl to polka girl that is gone now, and a very good thing that is IMO :) That might be what you're feeling. It's a much more coherent program than the first SD version they were doing at previous events. Again, IMO.

I agree Doris. My impression of their earlier SDs was that it was really a waltz that was crammed in with a polka. Today, the polka does seem a lot more integrated.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks Doris and Mrs. P for your explanations - I can see what you are both saying, and really enjoy this dance oh so much more now.

flaneur

On the Ice

ITA. by making it all one mood vs troubled/happy!/troubled it smooths out the transition from waltz/polka/waltz. i like the sd before but i think i like it more now.

Also, i like the inclusion of the playful bit in the middle but the ending pose makes me a little worried that they could accidentally knock each others teeth out :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
ITA. by making it all one mood vs troubled/happy!/troubled it smooths out the transition from waltz/polka/waltz. i like the sd before but i think i like it more now.

Also, i like the inclusion of the playful bit in the middle but the ending pose makes me a little worried that they could accidentally knock each others teeth out :)

LOL. I was thinking, they were close enough for one big smooch. (Yes, sometimes my inner 16 year old comes out.)