13 Alaine Chartrand EO
    14 Gabrielle Daleman CO
    15 Adriana DeSanctis CO
    16 Julianne Séguin QC
    17 Amelie Lacoste QC
    18 Kaetlyn Osmond AB/NT/NU

Live results:
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/result...omen&strlang=E

(Sigh!) Looks like Gilles is going to finish outside of the top 10. Only 5 points separating Kate Charbonneau and Jessica-Amy Sergeant.

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE PROGRAM - POSITION AFTER 11 OF 17

Rank Competitor Section SP FP TOTAL
    1 Veronik Mallet QC 48.03 95.84 143.87
    2 Rachel Gendron QC 47.05 82.56 129.61
    3 Kate Charbonneau MB 43.61 82.40 126.01
    4 Roxanne Cournoyer QC 42.57 83.10 125.67
    5 Kelsey McNeil NB 45.37 79.05 124.42
    6 Vanessa Grenier QC 41.36 82.67 124.03
    7 Alexe Gilles CO 43.99 79.95 123.94
    8 Gabrielle Anne Cormier NB 44.09 79.66 123.75
    9 Alexandra Gagnon QC 46.21 76.27 122.48
    10 Jessica-Amy Sergeant AB/NT/NU 43.67 77.73 121.40
    11 Sarah Jourdain QC 42.97 69.51 112.48
    WD Roxanne Rheault QC 39.40 - 39.40

i had no idea alexe was competing for canada now. when did that happen? is she still training with yuka and jason?

Tripping on the Podium
    Glad to see Veronik Mallet retain her lead after the short program, she has good skating skills and nice jumps just needs to add some more expression and she could be a fabulous skater.

Custom Title
    Why Roxanne Rheault withdraws for the free skate ??

Custom Title
    Any information about Veronik Mallet? I know she won the silver last year, but basically I know nothing else about her...

Custom Title

Sr Ladies LP

Watching the Short programs live at the arena, one thing that I noticed immediately was Daleman's speed. Perhaps it was just excitement being in her first Senior National Championship, but she was rocketing down the ice and into her jumps. Not surprising she gets good distance at that speed. I think she slowed a little in the Long. Maybe her coach tried to reign her in a bit so she wouldn't burn herself out too early (or launch herself into space )
    Last edited by rvi5; 01-21-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Watching the Short programs live at the arena, one thing that I noticed immediately was Daleman's speed. Perhaps it was just excitement being in her first Senior National Championship, but she was rocketing down the ice and into her jumps. Not surprising she gets good distance at that speed. I think she slowed a little in the Long. Maybe her coach tried to reign her in a bit so she wouldn't burn herself out too early (or launch herself into space )
    Kaetlyn Osmond - FS (Another Version)

Custom Title
    I love those results, this is potentially the strongest ladies podium Canada has ever produced. With the crazy high tech they put out and all three looking to have balls of steel in competition, it sends out a very good message to other Canadian ladies as well in terms of what will be expected of them to compete for the top. So exciting to see what happens here, it's such an unfamiliar feeling.

If Osmond is able to snatch back that second spot at Worlds (which seems inevitable at this point even though nobody wants to say it and jinx it lol), it is very likely that both Daleman and Chartrand will move up and the whole of next season will be a very competitive dogfight between the two.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissx3 View Post
    I love those results, this is potentially the strongest ladies podium Canada has ever produced. With the crazy high tech they put out and all three looking to have balls of steel in competition, it sends out a very good message to other Canadian ladies as well in terms of what will be expected of them to compete for the top. So exciting to see what happens here, it's such an unfamiliar feeling.

If Osmond is able to snatch back that second spot at Worlds (which seems inevitable at this point even though nobody wants to say it and jinx it lol), it is very likely that both Daleman and Chartrand will move up and the whole of next season will be a very competitive dogfight between the two.
    Although not very likely, there is a chance she could secure three spots. If she wins at least a Silver Medal, then Canada will have 3 spots in ladies next year. For that happen, she is going to need some help though given Asada and Kostner's bombing at some past World Championships, it is improbable at this point but doable.

Custom Title
    Osmond will have to get a Silver for her to secure 3 spots? I thought any podium position would have been enough? Even so, I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on her. I think top 10 is a much more reasonable goal though it does seem the international judges are eager to reward her. But they have other favourites too. It's a rare competition that all the favourites skate clean so it will be interesting to see who does what and where that will place them.

I really enjoyed Chartrand and Daleman's skates though Chartrand seemed a bit stiff and double-footed several of her jumps. She does seem cute and spirit of attack so I would be interested in seeing her skate again. I only saw Seguin's SP and her LP was a bomb so from those two programs I am not overly sold on her. I think I prefer Daleman's style over hers but maybe this was not the competition to make a final judgement. I will be watching Seguin at 4CC with great interest.

It's too bad about Lacoste--I do feel for her--but I am tired of pretty skaters with bad jumps being atop the podium. She definitely had the class of the field when it came to finesse and speed but you've got to have the jumps and now, finally, you need that attack and fight. When she popped her second jump I said to the screen, "You're doing this to yourself". She could have easily claimed the silver or even put on pressure for the gold.

And still no videos outside Osmond? I would love to rewatch the programs or see the SPs outside the top 3.

Custom Title

Sr Ladies LP

Apparently, some uploaded videos are being identified as copyrighted by Universal Sports.

On the Ice
    Can anyone share the girls FS with us?thanks a lot!!!!

Custom Title

2013 Canadian Sr Ladies LP

Katelyn Osmond Free Skate at 2013 Canadian Nationals:
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA0NjIzMTYw.html?x

Note: Final ranking displayed at the end are incorrect due to Chartrand's score correction moving her into 3rd, ahead of Amelie.