Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Canadian Sr Ladies LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Protocols say that both Osmond and Daleman landed six triples - Osmond fell on her final jump (2A). Well, she hasn't had a perfect free program yet. Chartrand actually landed seven fully rotated triples. Future looks good for Canadian ladies.
    What impressed me about Chartrand (from the protocols, haven't seen the skates yet) is that she tried 2 different 3-3 combo/sequence pretty much successfully; 3Lz with a 3S in the long and 3Lz-3T in the short.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Thanks!

Step-out on the 2A+3T and a fall on the 2A. Still, a good performance.
    Yeah, that fall on the 2A was unfortunate. :( Especially since it was her easiest jump.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yeah, that fall on the 2A was unfortunate. :( Especially since it was her easiest jump.
    Just means she can be perfect at Worlds!

Custom Title
    Can anyone provide details on what happened to move Amelie to 4th? I see the protocol change, but not any details on why.

TYIA

Custom Title
    From Jackie Wong, The Examiner

There was some intrigue in the ladies' event after the unofficial scores came out. Originally, Lacoste had the bronze over Chartrand, but Chartrand's 3lutz1/2loop3sal was credited as a sequence and not a combo. After the error was fixed, Chartrand won the bronze over Lacoste.

On the Ice
    First element of Chartrand has been changed : sequence to combo.

Custom Title
    I wondered why that was counted as a sequence instead of a combo....thanks for the answer!

Looking at the protocols, most of Osmond's PCS fell in the 8 - 9.5 range. Not happening at Worlds, I'm afraid.

Custom Title
    Looking at the protocols, most of Osmond's PCS fell in the 8 - 9.5 range. Not happening at Worlds, I'm afraid.
    Definitely not, but I'm sure she's aware of that, as are all medalists. Scores are always inflated at a nationals competition, and, for some reason, especially so at Canadians.

Custom Title
    I'm so impressed with Osmond. Her presentation of that program has improved tremendously from the beginning of the season. The artistic impression of it now is in a totally different league. The choreography is as sophisticated as anyone out there — and packed! She is just improving leaps and bounds, practically month to month. Such a bright future.

Custom Title
    What makes you so certain that will be the case? Is it because she is young? Lack of reputation? Or was that an actual assessment based on what you saw in her skating?

Historically, ladies are capable of winning World Championship at very young age. Lipinski at 14 on her 2nd World Championship. Oksana Baiul at 16 at her 1st World Championship.

If I were you, I wouldn't be so certain to have a crystal ball lined up to make such Napoleonic prediction.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8tngcanuck View Post
    I wondered why that was counted as a sequence instead of a combo....thanks for the answer!
    I saw her skate tonight so I can comment on that. From my angle, it felt as though Chartrand did a 3turn in between the two Triples as opposed to a half loop. In fact, she lost her balance a bit coming off the 3Lz and the 2nd Triple was really wonky, almost looked like 3 Toe in lieu of a 3 Salchow. Honest to god, I totally missed the half loop she did. See, I would have marked it as a sequence too. But, that was just from my angle and no replay. It went by so fast.

I'd love the check the replay on that because now I am very curious.

Custom Title
    Worlds in canada! It's going to have an effect. maybe not in the 9's PCS but she is so in the mix for a medal or close to it.

Custom Title
    You're right. Even if it's going to be held in Canada, her PCS won't be high as Yuna, Caro, and Mao

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    You're right. Even if it's going to be held in Canada, her PCS won't be high as Yuna, Caro, and Mao
    That's what they said about Suzuki vs. Osmond. But if one accepts, that Suzuki, a current World Medalist, is in the same league as the 3 ladies you mentioned, then they need to be worried. Because Osmond matched Suzuki on PCS under an international panel and took advantage of technical mistakes made by Suzuki to defeat her overall. Caro and Mao have historicaly demonstrated that they are extremely capable of total self-destruction at World Championships under pressure. I'd say they don't need to self-destruct for Osmond to beat them. They will have some cushion for sure but not much, maybe room for one major and one minor but not more.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast