2013 Canadian Sr Ladies LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Canadian Sr Ladies LP

skatel80

On the Ice
Actually I feel it is Lacoste who has awkward stiff jumps. Chatrand actually has good technique and a proper triple lutz. I think she has amazing potential.

ITA with you , Chatrand is a great talent, I saw her skate live and the one thing you notice is her incredible speed! she flies accross the ice! :) I agree also that her jump technique is great her jumps are really high and look great when she hits them and she has really improved her cosistency on them this year.
Daleman is also a great talent with wonderful high jumps and great knee bend in her skating :)

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Thanks Nadster, I didn't realise Daleman's birthday was before the cut-off date.

So I guess it will be:
4CC - Osmond, Chatrand, Lacoste
Junior Worlds - Daleman
Worlds - Osmond
Canada has two entries at Junior Worlds, thanks to Osmond's top 10 finish last year.

Daleman looks like she is capable of doing just as well as Junior Worlds as Osmond did last year. I am agog at the distance her jumps cover across the ice!

rvi5

On the Ice
Sr Ladies LP

Watching the Short programs live at the arena, one thing that I noticed immediately was Daleman's speed. Perhaps it was just excitement being in her first Senior National Championship, but she was rocketing down the ice and into her jumps. Not surprising she gets good distance at that speed. I think she slowed a little in the Long. Maybe her coach tried to reign her in a bit so she wouldn't burn herself out too early (or launch herself into space ;) )

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
Watching the Short programs live at the arena, one thing that I noticed immediately was Daleman's speed. Perhaps it was just excitement being in her first Senior National Championship, but she was rocketing down the ice and into her jumps. Not surprising she gets good distance at that speed. I think she slowed a little in the Long. Maybe her coach tried to reign her in a bit so she wouldn't burn herself out too early (or launch herself into space ;) )

Kaetlyn Osmond - FS (Another Version)

Kissx3

Final Flight
I love those results, this is potentially the strongest ladies podium Canada has ever produced. With the crazy high tech they put out and all three looking to have balls of steel in competition, it sends out a very good message to other Canadian ladies as well in terms of what will be expected of them to compete for the top. So exciting to see what happens here, it's such an unfamiliar feeling.

If Osmond is able to snatch back that second spot at Worlds (which seems inevitable at this point even though nobody wants to say it and jinx it lol), it is very likely that both Daleman and Chartrand will move up and the whole of next season will be a very competitive dogfight between the two.

wallylutz

Medalist
I love those results, this is potentially the strongest ladies podium Canada has ever produced. With the crazy high tech they put out and all three looking to have balls of steel in competition, it sends out a very good message to other Canadian ladies as well in terms of what will be expected of them to compete for the top. So exciting to see what happens here, it's such an unfamiliar feeling.

If Osmond is able to snatch back that second spot at Worlds (which seems inevitable at this point even though nobody wants to say it and jinx it lol), it is very likely that both Daleman and Chartrand will move up and the whole of next season will be a very competitive dogfight between the two.

Although not very likely, there is a chance she could secure three spots. If she wins at least a Silver Medal, then Canada will have 3 spots in ladies next year. For that happen, she is going to need some help though given Asada and Kostner's bombing at some past World Championships, it is improbable at this point but doable.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Osmond will have to get a Silver for her to secure 3 spots? I thought any podium position would have been enough? Even so, I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on her. I think top 10 is a much more reasonable goal though it does seem the international judges are eager to reward her. But they have other favourites too. It's a rare competition that all the favourites skate clean so it will be interesting to see who does what and where that will place them.

I really enjoyed Chartrand and Daleman's skates though Chartrand seemed a bit stiff and double-footed several of her jumps. She does seem cute and spirit of attack so I would be interested in seeing her skate again. I only saw Seguin's SP and her LP was a bomb so from those two programs I am not overly sold on her. I think I prefer Daleman's style over hers but maybe this was not the competition to make a final judgement. I will be watching Seguin at 4CC with great interest.

It's too bad about Lacoste--I do feel for her--but I am tired of pretty skaters with bad jumps being atop the podium. She definitely had the class of the field when it came to finesse and speed but you've got to have the jumps and now, finally, you need that attack and fight. When she popped her second jump I said to the screen, "You're doing this to yourself". She could have easily claimed the silver or even put on pressure for the gold.

And still no videos outside Osmond? I would love to rewatch the programs or see the SPs outside the top 3.

MasterB

Final Flight
Osmond is a classic case on how to do it correctly. Skate clean and people will notice you, simple as that. The one thing I love about her skating is that she goes into everything with gusto, no hesitation at all. She is not technically the strongest but, she is not a weak jumper at all. She has skated enought clean programs this year to get the judges attention at worlds plus the fact that worlds will be in Canada helps tremendously.

Chartrand and Daleman did a good job in the JGP circuit this year and are establishing themselves as contenders. If they can hold it together the next couple of years Canada will finally have a strong team of girls.

Seguin skates like a deer in the headlight and I doubt she can get her nerves under control (very hard to learn). She reminds me a lot of Josee but, Josee had way better musicality.

Good luck to all of them.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Osmond will have to get a Silver for her to secure 3 spots? I thought any podium position would have been enough? Even so, I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on her. I think top 10 is a much more reasonable goal though it does seem the international judges are eager to reward her. But they have other favourites too. It's a rare competition that all the favourites skate clean so it will be interesting to see who does what and where that will place them.

I really enjoyed Chartrand and Daleman's skates though Chartrand seemed a bit stiff and double-footed several of her jumps. She does seem cute and spirit of attack so I would be interested in seeing her skate again. I only saw Seguin's SP and her LP was a bomb so from those two programs I am not overly sold on her. I think I prefer Daleman's style over hers but maybe this was not the competition to make a final judgement. I will be watching Seguin at 4CC with great interest.

It's too bad about Lacoste--I do feel for her--but I am tired of pretty skaters with bad jumps being atop the podium. She definitely had the class of the field when it came to finesse and speed but you've got to have the jumps and now, finally, you need that attack and fight. When she popped her second jump I said to the screen, "You're doing this to yourself". She could have easily claimed the silver or even put on pressure for the gold.

And still no videos outside Osmond? I would love to rewatch the programs or see the SPs outside the top 3.

It used to be that a podium position meant three spots, but now, only the top two, and only if you're the only skater. If you have two/three skaters, the top two must add up to 13.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
It used to be that a podium position meant three spots, but now, only the top two, and only if you're the only skater. If you have two/three skaters, the top two must add up to 13.

Ah, OK. Missed that rule change. I knew about it only applying to single skater entries. Still think it's a tall order for Osmond this year. Stranger things have happened in the world of skating but I'm not counting on it. I wouldn't complain if she did shock everyone (including herself) but placing so high as I really like her and love seeing the new kids shake the old guard.

figuristka

Medalist

I found the short programs http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA0MDA2Mjgw.html but don't see the FS. Japanese and Russian Nationals were great because we could view it all so quickly online but seems not many post videos of Canadians. Of course all the winning performances were put on the tsn/ctv sites.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
I found the short programs http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA0MDA2Mjgw.html but don't see the FS. Japanese and Russian Nationals were great because we could view it all so quickly online but seems not many post videos of Canadians. Of course all the winning performances were put on the tsn/ctv sites.

:bow:

I don't get TSN (just have "farmer vision") so missed half the competition. It does seem that the TSN stuff doesn't get online for awhile after the competition and the station stops caring about the copyright so much. I really hope the LPs come up soon because I want to review them. Also, want to see the galas at some point. I'm really annoyed they're sticking them on TSN this year. Haven't they always been on the main network other years?

hohoho

On the Ice
:bow:

I don't get TSN (just have "farmer vision") so missed half the competition. It does seem that the TSN stuff doesn't get online for awhile after the competition and the station stops caring about the copyright so much. I really hope the LPs come up soon because I want to review them. Also, want to see the galas at some point. I'm really annoyed they're sticking them on TSN this year. Haven't they always been on the main network other years?

And it doesn;t help when you have a PVR set to record the programs and then they change the event broadcast. CTV has SKate Canada International but doesn't have nationals on their website. Hope someone has it recorded to share with everyone.

katia

On the Ice
And it doesn;t help when you have a PVR set to record the programs and then they change the event broadcast. CTV has SKate Canada International but doesn't have nationals on their website. Hope someone has it recorded to share with everyone.

I also don't have TSN so I have to wait for someone to put the programs on you tube.....at least some of them.
please, pretty please :bow:

rvi5

On the Ice
Sr Ladies LP

Apparently, some uploaded videos are being identified as copyrighted by Universal Sports.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
It seems the Canadian girls have been flying under the radar, unlike the long hyped Russian Babes. I am very glad about this as they now burst on the scene at later ages of 15 and 16. Keep going, young Ladies!

I actually appreciated Amelie's skating much more this year but sadly it's too late for her as the young jumpers join the Senior competition.

IA - suddenly there's all this Canadian women's talent. I liked Amelie's programs but the young, fearless girls have surpassed her.

Just watched Osmond's f/s - like her way better than the "long hyped Russian Babes" because she has so much joie de vivre while the Russian girls look so grim -- like it's all work and no play. Worlds should be very interesting!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There's a little bitty interview with Daleman by PJKwong, but I haven't found anything else so far.