Michelle Kwan marries Clay Pell | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan marries Clay Pell

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Michelle and Clay!!!!. :clap:

Michelle looks beautiful, love her dress and Clay looking very handsome indeed in his Dress Blues!

heyang

Record Breaker
I will definitely be looking for the next edition of People magazine to see the pictures.

I love the color of the Bridesmaid's dresses AND the dress had pockets (maybe?), which are perfect for holding tissues for the bridesmaids and for the maid of honor to sneak to the bride. TIP for anyone who will be a maid of honor - bring tissues. WHen I was MOH at my cousin's wedding, I held them wrapped around my bouquet and then was able to sneak a couple to the bride when I handed her back her bouquet.

Michelle looked great and the couple looks really happy. Congrats to them!

Sigh - I can't believe she's over 30 already - I can still picture as a young teenager with a ponytail and no makeup.

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
she looks beautiful, congrats to them both. i love love love the color of the bridesmaid dresses! i wish them the best. :)

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Other tweets from Christine Brennan ‏@cbrennansports:

Three more!
Olympic gold medalists at #Kwan wedding: Donna de Varona, Dorothy Hamill, Dick Button and Brian Boitano. pic.twitter.com/QlEiNb4N

Dick Button critiques wedding for Michelle Kwan and Clay Pell. If there had been a glitch, Russian judge to blame. pic.twitter.com/XsqabqDz

Only one mention of Michelle #Kwan as a figure skater in 45-min ceremony. Many mentions of her kindness, honesty, etc.

Both Claiborne Pell the elder and Lincoln Chafee are admirable men with honorable histories. I'm sure Clay Pell will turn out well, and I'm thrilled that Michelle now has a connection with a state that has such a great tradition of public service on both sides of the aisle.

I've kind of imagined Michelle as a Secretary of State sometime in the future as well. Wouldn't that be great?

Thanks for all the photo links! They're wonderful. I love that deep magenta/rose color of the bridesmaid's dress. It sounds like a splendid wedding, doesn't it? And Dick Button, Dorothy Hamill, and Brian Boitano were there--how grand.

Last edited:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Congrats to the Kween.! She is truly beautiful! Much happiness to them both! Very awesome to see such skating greats sharing such a special moment with her:)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Gorgeous Bride, Gorgeous Dress, Gorgeous Pix. Totally 6.0 all the way :love:

Congrats the newly married couple. Clearly Mr. Pell's newly obligatory love song of choice are forever going to be

Michelle, my Pell.
These are words that go together well,
My Michelle.

Michelle, my Pell.
Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble,
Très bien ensemble.

I love you, I love you, I love you.
That's all I want to say.
Until I find a way
I will say the only words I know that.

:eek::

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
She looked absolutely gorgeous! I'm so happy for her! Mrs. Michelle Pell... *sniffs and runs to grab tissues*

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Tweets from Phil Hersh ‏@olyphil:

Michelle Kwan had a tear on her cheek as she came down the aisle before ceremony

When they reached the altar, the pastor said, "Michelle, you look amazing. Clay, you look okay."

Michelle and Clay got a head start on "you may kiss the bride.". They misinterpreted a cue and did it first time before the ring ceremony

Later, pastor Kurt Vickman said, "you may kiss the bride a second time.". So he did!

Michelle's brother, Ron, toast-roasting the newlyweds, said, "Clay, the rest of your life you will be known as Michelle Kwan's husband," :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
WHen I was MOH at my cousin's wedding, I held them wrapped around my bouquet and then was able to sneak a couple to the bride when I handed her back her bouquet.

thanks for that tip! I need to get tips like these, my bff is getting married in May.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I will definitely be looking for the next edition of People magazine to see the pictures.

Any pictures? Did she get her Vera Wang wedding dress? :)

Per People magazine's online coverage of Saturday's wedding, Kwan indeed wore a Vera Wang gown.

And she cried when walking down the aisle with her father.
[But no word on whether her maid of honor slipped tissues to her at the altar. ;)]

The web article does promise "photos and details from the dress to the decor" in the next issue.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mazal Tov to Michelle & Clay! She looks magnificent. The pics and Christine Brennan's tweets are priceless.

:love: the "Uncle" Dickie & other legends of fs were there! :biggrin:

Tweets from Phil Hersh ‏@olyphil:

Michelle Kwan had a tear on her cheek as she came down the aisle before ceremony

When they reached the altar, the pastor said, "Michelle, you look amazing. Clay, you look okay."

Michelle and Clay got a head start on "you may kiss the bride.". They misinterpreted a cue and did it first time before the ring ceremony

Later, pastor Kurt Vickman said, "you may kiss the bride a second time.". So he did!

Michelle's brother, Ron, toast-roasting the newlyweds, said, "Clay, the rest of your life you will be known as Michelle Kwan's husband," :biggrin:

Except that Michelle has been smart enough to marry a guy whose own accomplishments will keep him from being overshadowed by her. Go, team!