Michelle Kwan marries Clay Pell | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan marries Clay Pell

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:bow: to Mr. Ski, as well as to Mr. Pell. Semper paratus.

I would prefer to think that Pell's already-sizable fan club now has grown even larger as Johnnies-come-lately who admire his wife have jumped on the Pell bandwagon. ;)
I suspect that the founding members of his fan club would be a long list of those who have known him from his schooling, public service, and professional activities well before he met and married his distinguished bride.
Kwan herself surely is President of the club -- who fell for Pell (sorry, couldn't resist the rhyme :laugh:) as they competed for White House fellowships. She lost the fellowship, but gained her future husband. :)

Agree that Hamill was absolutely glowing at the wedding. :agree: Have not seen the photo in People, but in one of the online pics posted somewhere, her loveliness really stood out (without upstaging Kwan, of course).

:bow: to Mr. Ski, as well as to Mr. Pell. Semper paratus.

I would prefer to think that Pell's already-sizable fan club now has grown even larger as Johnnies-come-lately who admire his wife have jumped on the Pell bandwagon. ;)
I suspect that the founding members of his fan club would be a long list of those who have known him from his schooling, public service, and professional activities well before he met and married his distinguished bride.
Kwan herself surely is President of the club -- who fell for Pell (sorry, couldn't resist the rhyme :laugh:) as they competed for White House fellowships. She lost the fellowship, but gained her future husband. :)

I like that way of looking at it very much, Golden. Indeed, this is a guy who must have had a fan club from a very early age. I'm proud to be a Johnnie (or Joannie)-come-lately to this august club. It's good knowing that there are people in the world like him--and he's looking out for us!

Cute kid alert! A lovely picture of the four guys (one of them half-pint sized).

If you click on the photo, it shows the other pictures from the wedding, which were in People magazine--only here they're better sized and lighted.