Michelle Kwan marries Clay Pell | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan marries Clay Pell

fairly4

Medalist
according to a blog Wpri Blog=Michelle Kwan married Mr. Clay Pell at the First Unitarian Church in Providence Ri.

congratulation
:)Congratulations to ​Clay Pell​, grandson of the late U.S. Sen. ​Claiborne​ Pell, who’s tying the knot today with Olympian ​Michelle Kwan​ at the First Unitarian Church of Providence on Benefit Street. Pell, a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant, proposed to Kwan on Block Island over Labor Day weekend. An eagle-eyed reader notes Kwan has suggested she might run for office someday – perhaps she’ll jump into the Providence mayor’s race if ​Angel Taveras​ runs for governor? You heard it here first.

s to both & best wishes.:)

ooh, it was today!

Thanks so much, Fairly! Great to have such happy news about a skater. Congratulations to Clay and to La Belle Michelle Pell!

emma

Record Breaker
Awwww...Congrats to Michelle and best wishes to the happy couple!!!! So sweet of you, MM to post that video - gosh, I still get emotional every time I see these old(er) videos.

I cannot, cannot, cannot wait for photos - I do hope she/someone shares a few with the public!!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:love: how Michelle's flowers match the maid of honor's/bridesmaid's dress :) Congratulations, Michelle.

^ The Pell family are big-time mainstays of the Democratic party in Rhode Island.

Wow, could Michelle look any prettier?

Here is the whole (brief) article from the Providence Journal.

http://news.providencejournal.com/b...olympian-michelle-kwan-marries-clay-pell.html

By the way, the governor Chafee mentioned was a former Republican who declared himself Independent in 2008 and worked on the Obama campaign. His father, Republican governor and senator John Chafee once ran for U.S. Senator against Clay Pell's grandfather, Dem. Senator Claiborn Pell. Pell won, but later they both served in the senate together. The main arts and entertainment venue in Providence is the Pell-Chafee Performance Center.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Other tweets from Christine Brennan ‏@cbrennansports:

Forget @LanceArmstrong, forget Te'o. Michelle Kwan is about to be married to Clay Pell in Providence, RI. Honored to attend.

Dick Button among the guests at Kwan wedding. pic.twitter.com/qJJO1HcL

Kwan wedding guests include Dorothy Hamill, Brian Boitano, Dick Button, Tim Shriver, Gov. Chafee of RI.

More Kwan-Pell wedding guests: Obama adviser Melody Barnes, Olympian Donna de Varona, Tom Collins, ex-Hog George Starke.