Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan marries Clay Pell

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    She looked absolutely gorgeous! I'm so happy for her! Mrs. Michelle Pell... *sniffs and runs to grab tissues*

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    Was Frank Carroll at the wedding?
    good question

Tweets from Phil Hersh ‏@olyphil:

Michelle Kwan had a tear on her cheek as she came down the aisle before ceremony

When they reached the altar, the pastor said, "Michelle, you look amazing. Clay, you look okay."

Michelle and Clay got a head start on "you may kiss the bride.". They misinterpreted a cue and did it first time before the ring ceremony

Later, pastor Kurt Vickman said, "you may kiss the bride a second time.". So he did!

Michelle's brother, Ron, toast-roasting the newlyweds, said, "Clay, the rest of your life you will be known as Michelle Kwan's husband,"

Custom Title
    Congratulations to the happy couple!!

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    WHen I was MOH at my cousin's wedding, I held them wrapped around my bouquet and then was able to sneak a couple to the bride when I handed her back her bouquet.
    thanks for that tip! I need to get tips like these, my bff is getting married in May.

Michelle looked gorgeous! Congrats to her and Lt. Clay Bell!

I wish she were still skating shows. But mazel tov-pretty dresses-lovely bride.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I will definitely be looking for the next edition of People magazine to see the pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Any pictures? Did she get her Vera Wang wedding dress?
    Per People magazine's online coverage of Saturday's wedding, Kwan indeed wore a Vera Wang gown.

And she cried when walking down the aisle with her father.
    [But no word on whether her maid of honor slipped tissues to her at the altar. ]

The web article does promise "photos and details from the dress to the decor" in the next issue.

Mazal Tov to Michelle & Clay! She looks magnificent. The pics and Christine Brennan's tweets are priceless.

the "Uncle" Dickie & other legends of fs were there!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Tweets from Phil Hersh ‏@olyphil:

Michelle Kwan had a tear on her cheek as she came down the aisle before ceremony

When they reached the altar, the pastor said, "Michelle, you look amazing. Clay, you look okay."

Michelle and Clay got a head start on "you may kiss the bride.". They misinterpreted a cue and did it first time before the ring ceremony

Later, pastor Kurt Vickman said, "you may kiss the bride a second time.". So he did!

Michelle's brother, Ron, toast-roasting the newlyweds, said, "Clay, the rest of your life you will be known as Michelle Kwan's husband,"
    Except that Michelle has been smart enough to marry a guy whose own accomplishments will keep him from being overshadowed by her. Go, team!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Except that Michelle has been smart enough to marry a guy whose own accomplishments will keep him from being overshadowed by her. Go, team!
    I have been thinking the same thing, Olympia. The Kwan brother's joke made me laugh, but but I would venture to guess that in certain non-skating circles, Pell will be the bigger reason for instant respect and affection for them as a couple (no offense to Kwan or her family).

I did take note, for instance, that they married in Rhode Island. I'm not saying that it was a good location choice or a bad one. But the strong ties to RI clearly belong to the groom, not the bride.

(Wild speculation, but I've been wondering whether another factor in favor of a RI wedding was the state's proximity to Washington, DC. I would bet that a healthy number of guests happen also to be invited to Inauguration events today and/or tomorrow.)

Custom Title
    That's a good point about the location of the wedding, Golden!--actually, two good points. I was also wondering whether anyone in the Kwan/Pell clan would be at Inauguration events. He's a White House staffer, after all. If so, what a weekend they're having!

Custom Title
    Wow, I haven't been here in years -- real life, health problems, and so on -- but I had to poke my head out of my cave when I heard that our Divine Miss K. is now the Divine Mrs. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    So, what was Michelle doing exactly ten years ago on this date (January 19, 2003)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLetmEi6B2Y
    Just think, it's been 20 years since I discovered little Michelle at Nationals. Seems like yesterday.

Welcome back, Jimmy!

Sorry to hear about your health challenges.

Banned
    My thoughts exactly. Guests too, I bet some of them are racing around between Rhode Island and DC getting in a lot of festivities this weekend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast