Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Canadian Nats Senior Men LP

Custom Title
    Can't wit to watch Reynolds!

But wanted To mention / joke about plushenko Deciding he can't do one more season at all decided to make worlds he last one and maybe he could win it and stop hanyu/takahashi/chan from having the pre Olympic worlds jinx that effects all but Americans!! Lol!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Not sure about the not fan part but Rogozine hasn't been skating well this season at all. But he has the Worlds minimum score from last season.

Balde on the other hand has been gaining momentum this season but has failed to reach the score so far. He's a much more captivating and entertaining performer and if both skate equally well Balde is probably going to receive higher PCS.

So I would assume SC would rather send Balde.
    You lost me. Where did Balde have his momentum? Did he have any significant oerformances this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Thank you! WOW! WOW! WOW!

Kevin's Russian fans made this vieo "Jump more quads stay healthy..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU1BMyst2As
    Last edited by plushyfan; 01-21-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Custom Title
    Yay for Kevin; oh my Patrick is not looking so good. Lacking technical prowess, jump problems = I hope he doesn't retire but the coaching is looking more suspect.

Thanks for the video links. Congrats to the Medalists. Highlights for me were Kevin Reynolds and Eman.
    Kevin showed up to win his Nationals and he almost did, good for him. The problems he has had the last couple of
    seasons seems to have disappeared. I was very impressed by both his SP and his LP. Fabulous!

I enjoyed Eman's performances, very respectful showing for him.

Custom Title
    Pangtongfan, I too hope Takahashi ends up with more than one Worlds to his name. But whether he does or doesn't, he's a superior skater and will always be known among fans as one. He might end up as one of those hidden treasures, like Janet Lynn, who exceeded most of the people who beat her internationally (Please--Trixi Schuba?) but never won a World or Olympic gold. (Daisuke has already exceeded that medal haul, thank goodness.) People who casually investigate skating might look at lists of winners and ask who Takahashi was. People who watch and enjoy skating will always know him as one of the best skaters ever.

But I do hope he wins. And I hope he wins the Olympics, too!

Custom Title
    Kevin. It's as if I hadn't seen this person skate before. Yet, I must have watched him at GPS this season and at Worlds etc previously. Here he is vibrant, energetic, passionate and stylish. And his jumps are beautiful and expressive. Has he skated like this before? Kevin at this competition has more flow, style, poise and elegance than Hanyu at JN. (I compare the two because they have the same physique.)

Thanks for the links!

Really happy for Kevin He's worked so long and hard to succeed with his difficult set of jumps. Amazing! Like StellaCampo I enjoy his performce as well

Mitchell Gordon was great! I like him better than Nam, actually.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    Kevin. It's as if I hadn't seen this person skate before. Yet, I must have watched him at GPS this season and at Worlds etc previously. Here he is vibrant, energetic, passionate and stylish. And his jumps are beautiful and expressive. Has he skated like this before? Kevin at this competition has more flow, style, poise and elegance than Hanyu at JN. (I compare the two because they have the same physique.)
    How wonderful that Kevin did so well. And at such an important moment, too. I'll watch his program when I have time--can't wait.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Mitchell Gordon was great! I like him better than Nam, actually.
    Totally agree with you. I wanted all day yesterday to post about his program, what a great choreography and choce of music! Loved it!

and by the way, thank you for posting the video, Tracy and Rod drove me nuts with their chatting through half of Mitchell's program!
    He was flying while carried by the clapping of the audience.
    He's got a very solid jumping technique, I hope he develops more speed soon because he is a gem!

Custom Title
    Great performance by Kevin! So happy for him. If he skates like this at World he should be able to stack up to anybody there! He's artistic side and skating skills are greatly improved too and right there with hanyu and javier. Still enjoy Patrick's skating but if he doesn't get his jumps back on track he is in serious danger. I think Canada is in a very good position heading to Sochi now. I hope Kevin gets the marks he deserves and Patrick gets the much needed push to do something that would help him.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast