Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Canadian Nats Senior Men LP

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    I thought the mark should have been much closer. I would have given the edge to Kevin Reynolds.
    Welcome to Golden Skate, Jade!

I'm hoping both Kevin's long & his short appear on either tsn.ca or youtube soon! Good for him!

Most Nationals inflate scores, IMO. Canadian Nationals are no different than any other Nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Well, Javier Fernandez didn't do the exact same content at the GPF, but I don't believe his free skate there was inferior in terms of technical content. And he's a better skater than Reynolds.

That said, it is a very impressive performance from Kevin, so congratulations to him.
    Actually Wallylutz didn't include all KR jumps in that message. He did more than that and yes, from a technical point of view it was the strongest i have seen in the whole season. It was very impressive. And keep in mind, I am not a fan!
    By the way, 3F/3L is an extremely difficult and rare combination

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Hmm another substandard (again for his - highest - standards) performance from Patrick Chan. No triple axel, only two combos (and no three jump combo).

Incredible technical content from Reynolds, on the other hand!

I wonder how Skate Canada is going to play this one now. They are probably pissed off that Rogozine beat Balde (in both programs too :P) but they still could send Reynolds, Rogozine and Balde to 4CC and say that the third Worlds spot will go to whoever places higher in Sapporo. Balde doesn't have the Worlds minimum score yet but he could earn it there.

Of course that assumes Chan declines 4CC.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    It's not that bad...quite a few men and women have done it. But, that late in a free skate? I have yet to see. I am looking forward to YouTube vids of Reynolds' performance!

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    It's not that bad...quite a few men and women have done it. But, that late in a free skate? I have yet to see. I am looking forward to YouTube vids of Reynolds' performance!
    I can't think of anyone at the moment. I'm sure somebody's done it but only a few skaters IIRC.

Banned
    Eh? What are you talking about? In the time when guys were busier with landing stuff with quad/3A combo/solo, this 3F-3Lo together with a more difficult combo 3Lu-3Lo were fun for Ladies, even Junior Ladies. A bunch of them landed those combos here and there. And even now some perform it. Shelepen comes to mind, as well as Slutskaya, Sotnikova, Ando, Asada. I might have forgotten someone. You see- all girls. I am sure there are boys too. But I have to agree that recently skateras don't bother to use 3Lo as a second jump because risk and difficulty is not rewarded as it should be. There's a thread about that in the Edge.

Rinkside
    It does not look to me that Reynold’s score was inflated. He got three successful quad including 4-3 in latter half of the program. He got one edge error but did not fall, and he landed successful 3A-3T and 3F-3Lo too. It was one of the strongest performance jump-wise this season. His PCS was 78, which is in reasonable range too.

Actually Wallylutz didn't include all KR jumps in that message. He did more than that and yes, from a technical point of view it was the strongest i have seen in the whole season. It was very impressive. And keep in mind, I am not a fan!
    While the 4S-3T that Javi did is super common and easy? He also did a 4S past the second half mark. I'm not saying either skate is more impressive; only that I feel both had a lot of difficult technical content.

I'm aware that Wallylutz did not include all of Reynolds elements in the earlier post. I did not think that Reynolds only went for 5 jumping passes.

Custom Title
    Kevin has without question produced the most difficult jump layout of all time. That cannot be argued.

3 quads is staggering in itself but to add:
    3axel/3 toe
    3 flip/3 LOOP
    and a 3 toe at the end of the second quad toe.....

I'm in awe. It's a shame for him that this isn't the 90's and PCS actually count. But a similar program at worlds will definitely get him top 6 in the Free!

Custom Title
    Aside from Eric Millot and VDP, tell me one MAN who has landed 3 flip/3 loop?

I think you'll find the list of ladies who actually rotated the combo also quite short

It's important to give credit where it's due
    Last edited by jamie; 01-20-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Welcome to Golden Skate, Jade!

I'm hoping both Kevin's long & his short appear on either tsn.ca or youtube soon! Good for him!

Most Nationals inflate scores, IMO. Canadian Nationals are no different than any other Nationals.
    Yes national inflatin is quite prominent all over. In the US they give out sixes in the past like potato chips at an all you can eat buffet..

Custom Title
    Omg I thought the poster was saying Kevin did a triple flip/ triple lutz (3F/3L). That would be extremely difficult.

I want to see Kevin's program too.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Kevin has without question produced the most difficult jump layout of all time. That cannot be argued.

3 quads is staggering in itself but to add:
    3axel/3 toe
    3 flip/3 LOOP
    and a 3 toe at the end of the second quad toe.....

I'm in awe. It's a shame for him that this isn't the 90's and PCS actually count. But a similar program at worlds will definitely get him top 6 in the Free!
    Yep, kudos to him!

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Aside from Eric Millot and VDP, tell me one MAN who has landed 3 flip/3 loop?
    That cute Canadian dude who has retired now... His name escapes me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Omg I thought the poster was saying Kevin did a triple flip/ triple lutz (3F/3L). That would be extremely difficult.
    That would be impossible.

Combinations can only be done with a toe-loop or with a loop.

Custom Title
    Joey Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Hmm another substandard (again for his - highest - standards) performance from Patrick Chan. No triple axel, only two combos (and no three jump combo).

Incredible technical content from Reynolds, on the other hand!

I wonder how Skate Canada is going to play this one now. They are probably pissed off that Rogozine beat Balde (in both programs too :P) but they still could send Reynolds, Rogozine and Balde to 4CC and say that the third Worlds spot will go to whoever places higher in Sapporo. Balde doesn't have the Worlds minimum score yet but he could earn it there.

Of course that assumes Chan declines 4CC.
    I didn't realize Skate Canada was such a fan of Balde and not a fan of Rogozine.. why?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast