2013 Canadian Nats Senior Men LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Canadian Nats Senior Men LP

gmyers

Record Breaker
Can't wit to watch Reynolds!

But wanted To mention / joke about plushenko Deciding he can't do one more season at all decided to make worlds he last one and maybe he could win it and stop hanyu/takahashi/chan from having the pre Olympic worlds jinx that effects all but Americans!! Lol!!

herios

Medalist
Not sure about the not fan part but Rogozine hasn't been skating well this season at all. But he has the Worlds minimum score from last season.

Balde on the other hand has been gaining momentum this season but has failed to reach the score so far. He's a much more captivating and entertaining performer and if both skate equally well Balde is probably going to receive higher PCS.

So I would assume SC would rather send Balde.

You lost me. Where did Balde have his momentum? Did he have any significant oerformances this season?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yay for Kevin; oh my Patrick is not looking so good. Lacking technical prowess, jump problems = I hope he doesn't retire but the coaching is looking more suspect.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the video links. Congrats to the Medalists. Highlights for me were Kevin Reynolds and Eman.
Kevin showed up to win his Nationals and he almost did, good for him. The problems he has had the last couple of
seasons seems to have disappeared. I was very impressed by both his SP and his LP. Fabulous!

I enjoyed Eman's performances, very respectful showing for him.

Pangtongfan, I too hope Takahashi ends up with more than one Worlds to his name. But whether he does or doesn't, he's a superior skater and will always be known among fans as one. He might end up as one of those hidden treasures, like Janet Lynn, who exceeded most of the people who beat her internationally (Please--Trixi Schuba?) but never won a World or Olympic gold. (Daisuke has already exceeded that medal haul, thank goodness.) People who casually investigate skating might look at lists of winners and ask who Takahashi was. People who watch and enjoy skating will always know him as one of the best skaters ever.

But I do hope he wins. And I hope he wins the Olympics, too!

StellaCampo

On the Ice
Kevin. It's as if I hadn't seen this person skate before. Yet, I must have watched him at GPS this season and at Worlds etc previously. Here he is vibrant, energetic, passionate and stylish. And his jumps are beautiful and expressive. Has he skated like this before? Kevin at this competition has more flow, style, poise and elegance than Hanyu at JN. (I compare the two because they have the same physique.)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks for the links!

Really happy for Kevin :yay: He's worked so long and hard to succeed with his difficult set of jumps. Amazing! Like StellaCampo I enjoy his performce as well :thumbsup:

Kevin. It's as if I hadn't seen this person skate before. Yet, I must have watched him at GPS this season and at Worlds etc previously. Here he is vibrant, energetic, passionate and stylish. And his jumps are beautiful and expressive. Has he skated like this before? Kevin at this competition has more flow, style, poise and elegance than Hanyu at JN. (I compare the two because they have the same physique.)

How wonderful that Kevin did so well. And at such an important moment, too. I'll watch his program when I have time--can't wait.

herios

Medalist
Mitchell Gordon was great! I like him better than Nam, actually.

Totally agree with you. I wanted all day yesterday to post about his program, what a great choreography and choce of music! Loved it!

and by the way, thank you for posting the video, Tracy and Rod drove me nuts with their chatting through half of Mitchell's program!
He was flying while carried by the clapping of the audience.
He's got a very solid jumping technique, I hope he develops more speed soon because he is a gem!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Great performance by Kevin! So happy for him. If he skates like this at World he should be able to stack up to anybody there! He's artistic side and skating skills are greatly improved too and right there with hanyu and javier. Still enjoy Patrick's skating but if he doesn't get his jumps back on track he is in serious danger. I think Canada is in a very good position heading to Sochi now. I hope Kevin gets the marks he deserves and Patrick gets the much needed push to do something that would help him.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The lowest I can see Chan finishing at Worlds is 4th (he will probably finish higher, that is the absolute lowest I could see this year), so Reynolds just needs to place 9th or higher and Canada should be ensured of 3 spots in Sochi. The problem for Reynolds is he will probably have to skate as well as he did at Canadians just to finish that high.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
And you will have cut that list of men (and women) who have done 3F/3Lo down to only 1 when you add the filter : "While landing 3 Quads within the same program"
What are you talking about? The list you are referring to is about Ladies and Junior Ladies who do/did 3F-3Lo and 3Lu-3Lo in competitions. How can it be cut to only 1 if Kevin is a boy I wonder. Apparently men and women compete in different disciplines in fs the last time I checked.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Nobody takes National scoring seriously period (though I agree that Canada seems VERY extreme compared to other nations, save maybe Russia)/
Russian Nationals are actually the least inflated among all Nationals. The protocols are at your service.

lakeside

On the Ice
Some people think Patrick skated poorly here? I disagree. A TES of 85 isn’t that bad at all. And some are worried about his 3A? Just look at his nice 3A in the SP (+2.17 GOE)!

Reynolds really nailed his quads, especially his 4S. He and Fernandez have the best 4S now. Plus, Reynolds has better spins than Fernandez. I think Reynolds’ TES is high enough to challenge anyone in the world. :thumbsup:

However, like Fernandez, Reynolds also needs to improve his skating skills because he is still very slow, especially compared to Patrick who skated right after him. Reynolds also needs to work on transitions. Now he doesn’t really have a lot of transitions, even fewer than Fernandez I’d say. Judges prefer skaters like Patrick, Yuzru and Jeremy because they have transition-packed programs AND great speed at the same time. Reynolds lost points in PCS because of his poor skating skills and lack of transitions. McLeod is not a good coach in teaching skating skills and transitions, so I agree with those who think Reynolds should switch coach now in order to be a contender at major international competitions.

I also enjoyed Nam and Mitchell. They’re two young boys with big potential. :biggrin: