1 Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford QC 69.08 - 69.08
    2 Kirsten Moore-Towers & Dylan Moscovitch WO 68.23 - 68.23
    3 Paige Lawrence & Rudi Swiegers SK 54.42 - 54.42
    4 Margaret Purdy & Michael Marinaro WO 54.25 - 54.25
    5 Brittany Jones & Ian Beharry WO 51.57 - 51.57
    6 Taylor Steele & Simon-Pierre Côté WO 44.04 - 44.04
    WD Jessica Dube & Sebastien Wolfe QC - - -

Live Results
    Last edited by Mao88; 01-19-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Custom Title
    PAIRS FREE PROGRAM - RESULT

Rank Competitors Section SP FP TOTAL
    1 Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford QC 69.08 137.55 206.63
    2 Kirsten Moore-Towers & Dylan Moscovitch WO 68.23 136.31 204.54
    3 Paige Lawrence & Rudi Swiegers SK 54.42 116.71 171.13
    4 Brittany Jones & Ian Beharry WO 51.57 106.90 158.47
    5 Margaret Purdy & Michael Marinaro WO 54.25 100.04 154.29
    6 Taylor Steele & Simon-Pierre Côté WO 44.04 87.29 131.33
    WD Jessica Dube & Sebastien Wolfe QC - - -

MTM interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLKquzRW7Lg

Looking for their program,which it sounds like was fantastic.

Custom Title
    Do you think Megan cheering in the air makes it harder for Eric to lift her?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Do you think Megan cheering in the air makes it harder for Eric to lift her?
    Didn't look like it was giving him trouble But wow, that was an amazing event, the top two were spectacular. One of the most enjoyable pairs events I've ever watched, especially since it was the one discipline that featured a close competition for the top spot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    Didn't look like it was giving him trouble But wow, that was an amazing event, the top two were spectacular. One of the most enjoyable pairs events I've ever watched, especially since it was the one discipline that featured a close competition for the top spot.
    She did it last year too and she was upside down during it (and fuzzled to the entry to the pair spin afterwards a little). It's even funnier when you remember that they missed the lift at the GPF. And that lift, with the reverse rotation beginning, is VERY hard.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    But wow, that was an amazing event, the top two were spectacular. One of the most enjoyable pairs events I've ever watched, especially since it was the one discipline that featured a close competition for the top spot.

It really was incredible. I preferred MT/M's LP — so beautiful — it had that electric performance quality to it whereas D/R looked a bit tense and as if they were holding back just a bit. But I can't argue with D/R's technical content, and that's where they won it, with MT/M taking the PCS.

What I'd really love to see is both teams put out those quality performances again at worlds. If they can skate like that they will stack up well internationally.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    It really was incredible. I preferred MT/M's LP — so beautiful — it had that electric performance quality to it
    It really did, didn't it? They had the audience enthralled right from the getgo. I don't recall seeing any pair get a reaction like that since Jamie and David.

Custom Title
    Can somebody post M-T/M's LP? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Sure was exciting to see both pair teams deliver such wonderful performances tonight. At first when I saw M-T/M's music was "Queen medely" I thought "oh no" not another Queen selection. Talk about overdone. However, they skated with such magic and electricity and let the music just take them, it was outstanding. I wondered how D&R were going to top them, but they skated perfectly and their lifts and jumps were spot on.

You can watch there free here http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/ the right side has alot of clips of the winning performances. Also Osmond.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Duhamel/Radford were a little lucky with this one.

3twist wasn't fully rotated, the catch was a little crashy and I think she touched the ice with free foot coming down as well. I'd give it -2, probably.

First lift had a double-footed landing (by him).

Second lift was a little laboured in the air and they are not even pretending to have the landing on one foot (although given the difficult landing maybe they can get away with it?).

Salchow take-off was a little bit off-synch.

Both throws were telegraphed (surprising given in the SP the throw lutz was off transitions).

Final lift again a little laboured (Eric's not a great lifter, it's their Achilles heel IMO).

Choreography is good but they did seem tense and didn't sell it as well as they could have. Meagan's posture is still really jarring.

So much for nitpicking. ;P Of course, they did skate really well but if the judges have picked on the above things, they'd probably have to settle for the silver.

So yeah a number of little things were off. Still, you can't argue with the jumps and they've come really far on the second mark since they've started skating together.

Custom Title
    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch - pretty strong skate, but I have no problem with D/R winning gold.

Back to D/R: I think the judges have completely forgot about the one-foot landing from the man on the lifts, to be honest.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Great focus and attack from M-T/M but I think that their lack of polish is even more jarring. Posture and lines really aren't good. Technically it was really solid, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Back to D/R: I think the judges have completely forgot about the one-foot landing from the man on the lifts, to be honest.
    I don't think they've ever really cared about it to begin with.

Same with the twists.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 01-20-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast