Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 Canadians Senior Pairs LP

Having seem MTM I am okay with the result too. While the preformance deeply moved me, they had an error on the second throw and easier tech content, and while I'd have had them a bit higher ahead of D/R on PCS than the judges placed them I don't think the result was unfair. I do think it's fairly clear that IF they could up the tech content very slightly, and continue to skate clean (perhaps even just the second one), they would be ahead of D/R generally.

I will say I am impressed with D/R having watched the video of MTM. R was clapping for them at the end, which I 1) though was gracious of him generally and 2)think means that he and Megan were, definitely, aware of how well they did, not just ignoring them as best they could which makes their FS under pressure more impressive (IMO).

Canada is blessed with 2 great pairs teams. I can see either getting a medal at worlds with a clean skate and the slightest bit of luck.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch - pretty strong skate, but I have no problem with D/R winning gold.

Back to D/R: I think the judges have completely forgot about the one-foot landing from the man on the lifts, to be honest.
    Thank you so much! That was really nice! After watching both performance, I think Megan/Eric deserve the win. The 3S was a little bit out of sinc but still good enough to have a little goe, very nice jump combo.

Custom Title
    What a great night for both teams. I hope that they can skate this well in London. What a treat that was.

Having watched with dismay over the years as both Dylan and Eric were partnered with girls who were too young for juniors even, until after both men had aged out of juniors, and finally Dylan and Kristen were teamed up and then finally, Eric and Meagan got together, it is now a joy to see both of these talented men with partners who can match their talents and add their own. Only one team can win, but boy it's fun watching these friends take each other on.

Dylan did skate with his sister Kyra for awhile, but then she got too big/tall. I thought she wasn't that much younger than him. I enjoyed them together at the 2006 Canadians (they came 5th, I think) but I think he's definitely better with Kirsten.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Dylan did skate with his sister Kyra for awhile, but then she got too big/tall. I thought she wasn't that much younger than him. I enjoyed them together at the 2006 Canadians (they came 5th, I think) but I think he's definitely better with Kirsten.
    There was a huge age gap between them.

Custom Title
    She was 11 when they started skating together. He aged out of juniors before she was eligible to compete. Dylan & Kyra won Jr. Pairs in 2006 and Eric Radford was second skating with another 11 or 12 year old, Rachel Kirkland.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Do you think Megan cheering in the air makes it harder for Eric to lift her?
    It is rather obnoxious that's for damn sure.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Great focus and attack from M-T/M but I think that their lack of polish is even more jarring. Posture and lines really aren't good. Technically it was really solid, though.

I don't think they've ever really cared about it to begin with.

Same with the twists.
    Maybe you should check the report cards their pcs doesn't reflect poor polish.

Rinkside
    Kyra is a year younger than Kirsten. She also quit because of an injury. Not because she was too big.

After watching some of the US Nationals in pairs, the Canadian Pairs are fantastic. The top 5 could have perhaps been US champions. Such talented senior and junior pairs even if there are not many of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2