2Kirsten Moore-Towers & Dylan MoscovitchWO68.23136.31204.54
3Paige Lawrence & Rudi SwiegersSK54.42116.71171.13
4Brittany Jones & Ian BeharryWO51.57106.90158.47
5Margaret Purdy & Michael MarinaroWO54.25100.04154.29
6Taylor Steele & Simon-Pierre CôtéWO44.0487.29131.33
WDJessica Dube & Sebastien WolfeQC---

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Do you think Megan cheering in the air makes it harder for Eric to lift her?

Didn't look like it was giving him trouble :cool: But wow, that was an amazing event, the top two were spectacular. One of the most enjoyable pairs events I've ever watched, especially since it was the one discipline that featured a close competition for the top spot.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Didn't look like it was giving him trouble :cool: But wow, that was an amazing event, the top two were spectacular. One of the most enjoyable pairs events I've ever watched, especially since it was the one discipline that featured a close competition for the top spot.

She did it last year too and she was upside down during it (and fuzzled to the entry to the pair spin afterwards a little). It's even funnier when you remember that they missed the lift at the GPF. And that lift, with the reverse rotation beginning, is VERY hard.

rain

Record Breaker
But wow, that was an amazing event, the top two were spectacular. One of the most enjoyable pairs events I've ever watched, especially since it was the one discipline that featured a close competition for the top spot.

It really was incredible. I preferred MT/M's LP — so beautiful — it had that electric performance quality to it whereas D/R looked a bit tense and as if they were holding back just a bit. But I can't argue with D/R's technical content, and that's where they won it, with MT/M taking the PCS.

What I'd really love to see is both teams put out those quality performances again at worlds. If they can skate like that they will stack up well internationally.

stickle

Rinkside
It really was incredible. I preferred MT/M's LP — so beautiful — it had that electric performance quality to it

It really did, didn't it? They had the audience enthralled right from the getgo. I don't recall seeing any pair get a reaction like that since Jamie and David.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Sure was exciting to see both pair teams deliver such wonderful performances tonight. At first when I saw M-T/M's music was "Queen medely" I thought "oh no" not another Queen selection. Talk about overdone. However, they skated with such magic and electricity and let the music just take them, it was outstanding. I wondered how D&R were going to top them, but they skated perfectly and their lifts and jumps were spot on.

Duhamel/Radford were a little lucky with this one.

3twist wasn't fully rotated, the catch was a little crashy and I think she touched the ice with free foot coming down as well. I'd give it -2, probably.

First lift had a double-footed landing (by him).

Second lift was a little laboured in the air and they are not even pretending to have the landing on one foot (although given the difficult landing maybe they can get away with it?).

Salchow take-off was a little bit off-synch.

Both throws were telegraphed (surprising given in the SP the throw lutz was off transitions).

Final lift again a little laboured (Eric's not a great lifter, it's their Achilles heel IMO).

Choreography is good but they did seem tense and didn't sell it as well as they could have. Meagan's posture is still really jarring.

So much for nitpicking. ;P Of course, they did skate really well but if the judges have picked on the above things, they'd probably have to settle for the silver.

So yeah a number of little things were off. Still, you can't argue with the jumps and they've come really far on the second mark since they've started skating together.

Great focus and attack from M-T/M but I think that their lack of polish is even more jarring. Posture and lines really aren't good. Technically it was really solid, though.

Back to D/R: I think the judges have completely forgot about the one-foot landing from the man on the lifts, to be honest.

I don't think they've ever really cared about it to begin with. ;)

Same with the twists.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Having seem MTM I am okay with the result too. While the preformance deeply moved me, they had an error on the second throw and easier tech content, and while I'd have had them a bit higher ahead of D/R on PCS than the judges placed them I don't think the result was unfair. I do think it's fairly clear that IF they could up the tech content very slightly, and continue to skate clean (perhaps even just the second one), they would be ahead of D/R generally.

I will say I am impressed with D/R having watched the video of MTM. R was clapping for them at the end, which I 1) though was gracious of him generally and 2)think means that he and Megan were, definitely, aware of how well they did, not just ignoring them as best they could which makes their FS under pressure more impressive (IMO).

Canada is blessed with 2 great pairs teams. I can see either getting a medal at worlds with a clean skate and the slightest bit of luck.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Moore-Towers/Moscovitch - pretty strong skate, but I have no problem with D/R winning gold.

Back to D/R: I think the judges have completely forgot about the one-foot landing from the man on the lifts, to be honest.

Thank you so much! That was really nice! After watching both performance, I think Megan/Eric deserve the win. The 3S was a little bit out of sinc but still good enough to have a little goe, very nice jump combo.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
What a great night for both teams. I hope that they can skate this well in London. What a treat that was.

Having watched with dismay over the years as both Dylan and Eric were partnered with girls who were too young for juniors even, until after both men had aged out of juniors, and finally Dylan and Kristen were teamed up and then finally, Eric and Meagan got together, it is now a joy to see both of these talented men with partners who can match their talents and add their own. Only one team can win, but boy it's fun watching these friends take each other on.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Dylan did skate with his sister Kyra for awhile, but then she got too big/tall. I thought she wasn't that much younger than him. I enjoyed them together at the 2006 Canadians (they came 5th, I think) but I think he's definitely better with Kirsten.

Dylan did skate with his sister Kyra for awhile, but then she got too big/tall. I thought she wasn't that much younger than him. I enjoyed them together at the 2006 Canadians (they came 5th, I think) but I think he's definitely better with Kirsten.

There was a huge age gap between them.