2013 Canadian Nats Senior FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Canadian Nats Senior FD

CAS

On the Ice
I hear V&M tweeted they're going to 4cc's.

Do either of them tweet?

They said in an interview post FD with Liz Manley they were looking forward to going to Japan for 4CC. I´ll say one thing for V&M and D&W is that unlike dance rivalries of the past these two are not afraid of competition.

jolen

Rinkside
G/P were over scored. She is much too weak of a skater for him. Her edge quality is poor. I disliked the program as well.

Yes, I agree on all four points.

But I will give you that other than the crotch in the face lift, there lifts are pretty interesting. But then he always had interesting lifts with Crone also.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It's up on TSN now.

Yeah, I see at least one deduction for timing and if the other one is for the first lift, I see it too (as well as the level loss on the lift; don't see it on the spin I'm afraid, but I do see a GOE-hit moment in the third position). Having said that, the transitions and linking steps are much more fluid and natural, the new choreo lift is a corker (and still seems difficult) - though I anticipate it'll get a lot more hate from some quarters, and they sold the emotional range much more strongly than before. Can't wait for perfect.

bellafurr

On the Ice
I agree, I didn,t realize how weak P.G. was untill to-night. P and I together are superior inmy opion but they have to stop making those mistakes.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I didn't like P/G's program or music which started like a funeral. They had however very interesting lifts. V/M's program was captivating. I hope and trust they will fix the BV issues.

jolen

Rinkside
I was so sad for P/I. They had such a lovely SD and were within shooting distance of G/P and certainly deserved to be on the podium and arguably should have been ahead of P/G. P/I programs are dancing and not just point grabbing moves. I sure hope they don't get discouraged and continue with their training. They have made huge improvements this year. A very enjoyable team.

Good for Orford/Williams (and Wing/Lowe). Happy R/H had a good skate today.

jan

On the Ice
P/I are wonderful dancers. They are the #3 dance team in Canada. They need to get it together soon though.

I was so sad for P/I. They had such a lovely SD and were within shooting distance of G/P and certainly deserved to be on the podium and arguably should have been ahead of P/G. P/I programs are dancing and not just point grabbing moves. I sure hope they don't get discouraged and continue with their training. They have made huge improvements this year. A very enjoyable team.

Good for Orford/Williams (and Wing/Lowe). Happy R/H had a good skate today.

figuristka

Medalist
V/M were breathtaking, too bad about the deductions. Disappointed for P/I , i adored their short dance and would have liked them to place 2nd in that. Sad they had the mistakes in their Free and won't even get to 4cc. They are smooth and refined and i enjoy their style. G/P are exciting but unfined, I always liked him but she needs to still work on her smoothness. There are pretty athletic though. I cannot say i love the program yet however. R/H i love how they skate with so much freedom but the music did nothing for me. I think the material this year hurt them, they are usually crowd pleasing to everyone. O/W were a surprise, enjoyed their program.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
You have to wonder if Paul & Islam will ever make it to Worlds. Two years in a row with a huge open door to make it they still dont. They certainly wont have a chance next year with Weaver & Poje back. Will have to wait until 2015 atleast for their next opportunity.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
You have to wonder if Paul & Islam will ever make it to Worlds. Two years in a row with a huge open door to make it they still dont. They certainly wont have a chance next year with Weaver & Poje back. Will have to wait until 2015 atleast for their next opportunity.

Yep. Massive disappointment, but this year, they lost it and G/P and O/W earned it.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

They seem to have a problem with frequent falls. She often looks nervous.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Actually, I think PJ tweeted that they said it or something like that.

AFAIR V&M don't do social media.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
It sounds like the tech panel were out partying last night.

What were the deductions for?
The two I'm seeing are for extended lifts "long Lift"
What was the other one that they deleted for, if anyone knows?

Tracy Wilson said in her own t.v. commentary of Virtue & Moir's performance that she noticed a problem with one of their lifts.