Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Canadian Nats Senior FD

Custom Title
    G/P were over scored. She is much too weak of a skater for him. Her edge quality is poor. I disliked the program as well.

Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    and gilles/poirier's score became 102.86 instead of 101.86

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    G/P were over scored. She is much too weak of a skater for him. Her edge quality is poor. I disliked the program as well.
    Yes, I agree on all four points.

But I will give you that other than the crotch in the face lift, there lifts are pretty interesting. But then he always had interesting lifts with Crone also.

Custom Title
    It's up on TSN now.

Yeah, I see at least one deduction for timing and if the other one is for the first lift, I see it too (as well as the level loss on the lift; don't see it on the spin I'm afraid, but I do see a GOE-hit moment in the third position). Having said that, the transitions and linking steps are much more fluid and natural, the new choreo lift is a corker (and still seems difficult) - though I anticipate it'll get a lot more hate from some quarters, and they sold the emotional range much more strongly than before. Can't wait for perfect.

Custom Title
    Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - FD

If the video does not start straight away for you, just click 'figure skating' in the bottom left hand corner of the website and wait for the advert to finish. Should then start. If it doesn't, click on the video itself - its the one entitled: 'Cdn Nat Champ: Ice Dance Free Program'

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - Interview
    Last edited by Mao88; 01-20-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Custom Title
    I agree, I didn,t realize how weak P.G. was untill to-night. P and I together are superior inmy opion but they have to stop making those mistakes.

Custom Title
    I didn't like P/G's program or music which started like a funeral. They had however very interesting lifts. V/M's program was captivating. I hope and trust they will fix the BV issues.

On the Ice
    I was so sad for P/I. They had such a lovely SD and were within shooting distance of G/P and certainly deserved to be on the podium and arguably should have been ahead of P/G. P/I programs are dancing and not just point grabbing moves. I sure hope they don't get discouraged and continue with their training. They have made huge improvements this year. A very enjoyable team.

Good for Orford/Williams (and Wing/Lowe). Happy R/H had a good skate today.

Custom Title
    P/I are wonderful dancers. They are the #3 dance team in Canada. They need to get it together soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by jolen View Post
    I was so sad for P/I. They had such a lovely SD and were within shooting distance of G/P and certainly deserved to be on the podium and arguably should have been ahead of P/G. P/I programs are dancing and not just point grabbing moves. I sure hope they don't get discouraged and continue with their training. They have made huge improvements this year. A very enjoyable team.

Good for Orford/Williams (and Wing/Lowe). Happy R/H had a good skate today.

V/M were breathtaking, too bad about the deductions. Disappointed for P/I , i adored their short dance and would have liked them to place 2nd in that. Sad they had the mistakes in their Free and won't even get to 4cc. They are smooth and refined and i enjoy their style. G/P are exciting but unfined, I always liked him but she needs to still work on her smoothness. There are pretty athletic though. I cannot say i love the program yet however. R/H i love how they skate with so much freedom but the music did nothing for me. I think the material this year hurt them, they are usually crowd pleasing to everyone. O/W were a surprise, enjoyed their program.

Rinkside
    They certainly were not kind to Ralph/Hill. But that is par for the course

Banned
    You have to wonder if Paul & Islam will ever make it to Worlds. Two years in a row with a huge open door to make it they still dont. They certainly wont have a chance next year with Weaver & Poje back. Will have to wait until 2015 atleast for their next opportunity.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    You have to wonder if Paul & Islam will ever make it to Worlds. Two years in a row with a huge open door to make it they still dont. They certainly wont have a chance next year with Weaver & Poje back. Will have to wait until 2015 atleast for their next opportunity.
    Yep. Massive disappointment, but this year, they lost it and G/P and O/W earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    They seem to have a problem with frequent falls. She often looks nervous.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Actually, I think PJ tweeted that they said it or something like that.

AFAIR V&M don't do social media.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast