Chartrand: sequence or combo? | Golden Skate

Chartrand: sequence or combo?

sbstien

Rinkside
For me, it seemed like a sequence rather than a combo.

And does someone know if judges gave new marks on that element after it has has been corrected?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think they did assign new marks and that's why she moved up from 4th to 3rd. I actually thought it was a sequence when I first saw it, but I'm not going to dispute the judges' calls as they have replay and I don't.

skatel80

On the Ice
The isu changed the classification of triple half loop triple combos recently, they used to be classified as sequences with only the two triples counting and worth only 80% of the value of the two jumps combined but are now classified as three jump combos with the half loop counting as a single loop so they now get more points. the judges/tech speciaists probably forgot

wallylutz

Medalist
The isu changed the classification of triple half loop triple combos recently, they used to be classified as sequences with only the two triples counting and worth only 80% of the value of the two jumps combined but are now classified as three jump combos with the half loop counting as a single loop so they now get more points. the judges/tech speciaists probably forgot

No, that's not it. That rule change has been in place for two seasons now - not a recent change - and many have already took advantage of such rule at Canadian Championships since last year (e.g. Patrick Chan)

This is not a change you simply "forgot", like men still have a choice between doing a 2A or 3A in SP and that mandatory -3 deduction cannot be applied when a man does a 2A.

skatel80

On the Ice
No, that's not it. That rule change has been in place for two seasons now - not a recent change - and many have already took advantage of such rule at Canadian Championships since last year (e.g. Patrick Chan)

This is not a change you simply "forgot", like men still have a choice between doing a 2A or 3A in SP and that mandatory -3 deduction cannot be applied when a man does a 2A.

In the grand scheme of things it is a fairly recent change, maybe forgot is the wrong word, more they made a mistake and classified it as 3lz+3s+seq instead of 3lutz+1lo+3s , I doubt that they did it on purpose so they must have just got mixed up/confused as this used to count as a sequence, they are all human and these things happen, thankfully they werre able to rectify it

and slightly OT but I was so happy when that that rule was changed as it has encouraged more of those lovely combos I think they are really beautiful (when done well ):)

Last edited:
For me, it seemed like a sequence rather than a combo.

And does someone know if judges gave new marks on that element after it has has been corrected?

She reportedly did 3lutz/half-loop/3salchow. And that's a combination of three jumps since the rules were changed before previous season began.