Thread: 2013 US Novice Ladies SP

2013 US Novice Ladies SP

so far Amy Lin has the lead after 2 skaters. anyone know why dalia rivkin withdrew?

Elizabeth Nguyen was 5th in the short program and 11th in the long program. Yet she still managed to finish 5th overall.

Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    so far Amy Lin has the lead after 2 skaters. anyone know why dalia rivkin withdrew?
    Probably flu or last minute injury.

Tyler Pierce was awesome in the short, sorry I was at work today during the LP because I thought she was fun to watch. Her expression after landing that 3Lz in the short was priceless as was her entire expression in KNC - she just couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear and nearly vibrating she was so happy with how she skated when downloading with Gambil. That's what I like to see at Nationals. She also seems fairly physically mature for 14 already (ie tall for her age and somewhat filled out).

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Elizabeth Nguyen was 5th in the short program and 11th in the long program. Yet she still managed to finish 5th overall.
    Actually, Nguyen was 4th in the SP, the 5th place skater after SP moved up with a third place long. While she was 11th in the LP, points-wise it was close from 5-11 in the LP and not as close in the SP (there was a clear "line" between the top 5 and the lower 6 in the SP)

i feel so bad for ashley shin. poor girl is in last. i hope she can pull it together for the long and move up in the rankings, she was so wonderful at junior nationals last year.

oh jeez, i just figured out the FS was today. poop.