Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: CoyoteChris is at Nationals! (reports)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,419

    CoyoteChris is at Nationals! (reports)

    Made it to hotel tired but in one piece. The courtyard is so close it's a block away. Two comps left today...and time for real food between them,! But oh so cold! Do we know what position Chen is skating tonight?
    Last edited by CoyoteChris; 01-20-2013 at 04:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    155
    could you post results of novice pairs please. I have a past student skating and am very excited to know how she placed.

  3. #3
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky458 View Post
    could you post results of novice pairs please. I have a past student skating and am very excited to know how she placed.
    I am sorry but I didn't write them down. Are they not on INW?

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    155
    Thanks I found it. She and her partner are in first!!! So excited.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Made it to hotel tired but in one piece. The courtyard is so close it's a block away. Two comps left today...and time for real food between them,! But oh so cold! Do we know what position Chen is skating tonight?
    Welcome to Omaha!

  6. #6
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    Welcome to Omaha!
    Upstream brewing was great! But true story...the usher said my seat didn't exist due to the positioning of the kiss and cry and I was to go to customer services! They, being the head of the box office , who happened to be their, offered me a four row seat for my front row seat. They said to come back in an hour and they would see what they could do. I went back to the vicinity of mty seat and a supervisor found it four seats away from the kiss and cry. Front row..Great seat and I can look over my right shoulder right into the kiss and cry. A bit of bad news....the program is a POS! The info about each skater is on a few cheep pieces of news print paper, black and white, which costs two bucks a day. The USFSA booth is writing down complaints...

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Upstream brewing was great! But true story...the usher said my seat didn't exist due to the positioning of the kiss and cry and I was to go to customer services! They, being the head of the box office , who happened to be their, offered me a four row seat for my front row seat. They said to come back in an hour and they would see what they could do. I went back to the vicinity of mty seat and a supervisor found it four seats away from the kiss and cry. Front row..Great seat and I can look over my right shoulder right into the kiss and cry. A bit of bad news....the program is a POS! The info about each skater is on a few cheep pieces of news print paper, black and white, which costs two bucks a day. The USFSA booth is writing down complaints...
    Yeesh...that sucks about the program. Maybe they are planning something better for seniors? Weird.

    Glad your seat got sorted out. Someone offered me free tickets for tomorrow night's junior ladies short, but I have no one to go with me, so I don't know if I'm taking them yet or not. No idea where the seats are, either.

  8. #8
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,637
    Hi Chris! Just saw you while watching junior men on Ice Network.

  9. #9
    Banned Reginald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    227
    The All Year FSC continues to flex its muscle with skaters in the top three in 3 out of 4 disciplines so far.

  10. #10
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    Yeesh...that sucks about the program. Maybe they are planning something better for seniors? Weird.

    Glad your seat got sorted out. Someone offered me free tickets for tomorrow night's junior ladies short, but I have no one to go with me, so I don't know if I'm taking them yet or not. No idea where the seats are, either.
    A small mistake on my part. Most of the skater pics are in color

  11. #11
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,419
    Mr. Chen had a bad night. But the cheesecake at downriver brewery is excellent! Omori rocks!
    Last edited by CoyoteChris; 01-20-2013 at 10:54 PM.

  12. #12
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    Yeesh...that sucks about the program. Maybe they are planning something better for seniors? Weird.

    Glad your seat got sorted out. Someone offered me free tickets for tomorrow night's junior ladies short, but I have no one to go with me, so I don't know if I'm taking them yet or not. No idea where the seats are, either.
    Just come! We dont bark or bite!

  13. #13
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,637
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Just come! We dont bark or bite!
    louisa05, I can say that Chris is quite friendly! And junior ladies is going to be a good battle with Long vs. Chen vs. Edmonds!

  14. #14
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,419

    Monday - checking in

    Remember this guy.....Tomoki Hiwatashi...just had a birthday and earned a big birthday present... highlight of the day so far.....tonight, junior ladies! Tomarrow morning, senior ladies practice.....BTW, the schedule of this nats is pretty darned nice....there is time to sleep in mostly and have dinner mostly....

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    568
    My friend and I had a great time at junior ladies tonight. Wish I could see their free skate. I'm pretty sure I spotted you across the rink in the front row by the kiss and cry, Chris. Our seats tonight were exactly three rows above the seats my mom and I have for the weekend. Very good spot in section 119.

    When we were leaving we saw Peter Oppegard and Karen Kwan sitting in the next section, so I spoke to Karen and told her Michelle's wedding looked beautiful. She was very gracious and friendly. I am totally stupidly fan girl excited over having that exchange! I called my mom to tell her about the night and told her about that. She laughed at me; I said, hey, you'd be stupid excited, too. She had to admit she would.

    Can't wait until the weekend now!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •