Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Movies you can't sit through

Michael Keaton and Tim Burton are a genius combo, just like Burton and Depp are.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    How in the world did you end up going to see Howard the Duck??
    I like ducks (real ones, Donald, and the Aflac Duck), and my brother (7 years older than I am) wanted to see it. ETA, I forgot to mention that my brother's name is Howard, duh! He would also entertain me with Donald Duck imitations ever since I was a little kid. I think he thought it was a pretty stupid movie too.
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 01-24-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Michael Keaton and Tim Burton are a genius combo, just like Burton and Depp are.
    One of the things I like best about Henry Winkler is that when they made Night Shift, which I think he produced as well as starred in (and his good buddy Ron Howard directed), he saw at once that Keaton had "It," and he (and Howard) generously allowed Keaton a huge amount of space in the film, even at the expense of his own character. Keaton was like a beacon onscreen. He walked away with a large part of that movie, and I think it was his first major role. I can't believe that talent like that has no place in Hollywood today, and I'm really curious how that came to happen.

I believe he took a break. When you do that typically it is hard to regain your footing (so to speak). He could still make it big (johnny depp reinvented his career by going Disney) again, but to me it doesn't seem like he's concerned enough to do it. He may like where he's at.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    A Beautiful Mind
    Chariots of Fire
    Rudy
    The Passion of the Christ

I have never seen Casablanca, just bits & pieces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2