Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Police break up fight in Mississauga

Custom Title
    She flatly denied that tiny Moore-Towers was one of the culprits, as had been rumoured.
    Just the very thought of tiny Kirsten Moore-Towers starting some type of riot with all her level 4 perk is cracking me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Just the very thought of tiny Kirsten Moore-Towers starting some type of riot with all her level 4 perk is cracking me up.
    I don't know I can kind of see it, like if someone insulted Moscovitvh- and the mental image of it is cracking me up too...

I liked the quote Slipchuk had about how "none of the top skaters would do something like this." Kinda like "only wanna be riffraff would be so uncouth as to do such a thing".

I don't know about the top Canadians, but I've seen what goes on at the USFSA parties... and their stars can be just as rowdy as the "kids" who are "nobodies"

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    It's Canada. They have a riot and trash their own cities when their hockey team loses.
    In Detroit, we riot when we win. (Detroit Tigers win the 1984 World Series.)

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009..._riot1_576.jpg

Rogue Leader
    Hockey riots are cause by fans, not the players themselves. Not the best comparison. Hockey fans sometimes like to riot when they win, too. Montreal Canadiens' fans would be a prime example.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Seriously? Yipes.

The readers' comments below the article were about what one would expect. I guess all those disbelieving Toronto Globe and Mail readers have never seen Lloyd Eisler or Elvis Stojko up close, if they think that figure skaters are wimpy.
    I remember, with great delight, a poll in which fans chose Lloyd Eisler as the skater you'd most like to have on your side in a bar fight. Also heard that Totmianina was a great one for jumping in.
    As to one poster's joke that maybe someone insulted Moskovitch, I just have to tell you that I saw him standing in the hall with Kristi Wirtz and he was dressed in sweat pants and a sleeveless shirt. Woah boy! Those muscles were a-bulging and a lot of eyes were poppin', mine included! He really is a big powerful guy and much better looking in the flesh. He could be in the running for the next psoty award. Okay, my moment of silly fangirl behaviour is now officially over.

Custom Title
    Why should fangirl behavior ever be over? It's part of what makes life worth living....

Quote Originally Posted by Antilles View Post
    Hockey riots are cause by fans, not the players themselves. Not the best comparison. Hockey fans sometimes like to riot when they win, too. Montreal Canadiens' fans would be a prime example.
    Hey Antilles, nice to see you post!

Rogue Leader
    Thanks, Toni. I have been a little absent lately.

Wow...all WE have is junior ice dancers setting off fire alarms at Greensboro so they can see Frank Carroll in his bathrobe! ....I want to feel safe in London walking the four miles back and forth to my hotel.....Oh, wait.. breaking news....there is going to be a riot at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast here in Omaha over the so called "program" here.....it will start with a food fight....Film at 11...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Wow...all WE have is junior ice dancers setting off fire alarms at Greensboro so they can see Frank Carroll in his bathrobe! ....I want to feel safe in London walking the four miles back and forth to my hotel.....Oh, wait.. breaking news....there is going to be a riot at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast here in Omaha over the so called "program" here.....it will start with a food fight....Film at 11...
    The Americans know how to party that's for sure. Canadian skaters have a lot to learn from their American counterparts!

Apparently the Canadian figure skaters are learning from the American (Olympic) hockey teams...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilles View Post
    Actually these days hockey riots are planned by goons and looters to take advantage of the high emotions of the fans, win or lose.

Custom Title
    I thought it odd that Skate Canada went out of its way to say that K M-T was not involved, without naming any skaters that were.

Tripping on the Podium
    Ditto....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast