Police break up fight in Mississauga | Golden Skate

Police break up fight in Mississauga

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Police were called to a scuffle at a Toronto-area hotel in what Skate Canada calls an unruly celebration involving figure skaters. :rock:

More

Seriously? Yipes.

The readers' comments below the article were about what one would expect. I guess all those disbelieving Toronto Globe and Mail readers have never seen Lloyd Eisler or Elvis Stojko up close, if they think that figure skaters are wimpy.

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
It's all about chan's pcs

Mr. Slipchuk emphasized that the incident didn’t involve “any of our notable or high-profile team members. Our top skaters do not get involved in things like that.”

Would Patrick even stay at the "official" hotel (assuming that this took place there)? A lot of top-notch skaters opt for other hotels due to privacy concerns.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Rumour has it that one skater claimed the other skater's skirt was too short and her panties too skimpy; the other retorted that her spandex was too tight and the next thing you know bugle beads and sequins were all over the place with bad splices of Carmen, Masquerade Waltz, and Les Mis left all over the floor.

Taan

On the Ice
http://www.thestar.com/sports/figur...ips-women-ready-to-leap-back-onto-world-stage
The weekend spectacle concluded on a bizarre note with reports there had been an incident involving skaters at their nearby hotel. A noise complaint to hotel management resulted in a warning to tone down celebrations following Saturday night’s competition. When that didn’t happen, police were summoned, though nobody was charged, according to Skate Canada spokesperson Barb McDonald.

She flatly denied that tiny Moore-Towers was one of the culprits, as had been rumoured. McDonald said she could not confirm the names of the other skaters involved, nor whether the noisy celebrants had been kicked out of the hotel.

There are code of conduct protocols for figure skaters.

“We’re a little disappointed that it got out of hand,” said McDonald. “As we find out more information, we will take appropriate consequences once we have all details, as it affects any of our skaters.”

Rowdy figure skaters, oh my.

Krislite

Medalist
[...]

Rowdy figure skaters, oh my.

It's Canada. They have a riot and trash their own cities when their hockey team loses. Even figure skaters are not immune. ;)

Just imagine the scene when Chan loses to Takahashi at Worlds. :slink:

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
She flatly denied that tiny Moore-Towers was one of the culprits, as had been rumoured.
Just the very thought of tiny Kirsten Moore-Towers starting some type of riot with all her level 4 perk is cracking me up.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Just the very thought of tiny Kirsten Moore-Towers starting some type of riot with all her level 4 perk is cracking me up.

I don't know I can kind of see it, like if someone insulted Moscovitvh- and the mental image of it is cracking me up too...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I liked the quote Slipchuk had about how "none of the top skaters would do something like this." Kinda like "only wanna be riffraff would be so uncouth as to do such a thing".

I don't know about the top Canadians, but I've seen what goes on at the USFSA parties... and their stars can be just as rowdy as the "kids" who are "nobodies"

Antilles

Medalist
Hockey riots are cause by fans, not the players themselves. Not the best comparison. Hockey fans sometimes like to riot when they win, too. Montreal Canadiens' fans would be a prime example.