Police break up fight in Mississauga | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Police break up fight in Mississauga

vpcanada

Spectator
The article said the rumor was denied, as if reporters had asked. Skate Canada only responded to a question, and may not have gone out of their way. Perhaps the question was meant to be a joke. Did anyone even seriously state any "pairs" skaters were involved? Keep in mind this article was written by DiManno.
It's probably because she's higher profile as slipchuk puts it. It was rumoured so they're clearing her name and rightfully so.

leafygreens

Final Flight
http://www.thestar.com/sports/figur...ips-women-ready-to-leap-back-onto-world-stage
The weekend spectacle concluded on a bizarre note with reports there had been an incident involving skaters at their nearby hotel. A noise complaint to hotel management resulted in a warning to tone down celebrations following Saturday night’s competition. When that didn’t happen, police were summoned, though nobody was charged, according to Skate Canada spokesperson Barb McDonald.

She flatly denied that tiny Moore-Towers was one of the culprits, as had been rumoured. McDonald said she could not confirm the names of the other skaters involved, nor whether the noisy celebrants had been kicked out of the hotel.

"tiny Moore-Towers" :laugh::laugh:

vpcanada

Spectator
I don't know I can kind of see it, like if someone insulted Moscovitvh- and the mental image of it is cracking me up too...

I think Kirsten has far too much respect for the sport and is far too proud of her title at nationals to jeopardize it with a dumb scuffle. Also anyone who has ever met her can vouch for the fact that she would never do something like that, no matter who was insulted. It isn't fair to pass judgement on something that serious about someone you have never met, especially when it's insulting her entire career and her respect for it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think anyone is taking the rumors or the report too seriously. It's just a funny situation all the way around. You don't expect this type of news to be about skating.

Kind of like Christine Hough, Doug Ladret's partner. She was small but strong. I've noticed that a lot of the Canadian pairs skaters are small but are clearly adults, not spindly prepubescent children. It gives the pair an extra chemistry and unison. Underhill and Martini are the best example of the combination of sizzle and jazzy grace that to me is often a hallmark of Canadian pairs skating.