Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports?

Custom Title
    I hope Gracie can conquer her nerves. She is usually strong in practice but the trick is to do it when it counts. She's due for some clean skates this season. This would be the perfect time to do it.

3F+3T from Mirai? Wonderful!! And, has she ever landed a 3S in competition? A 7-triples FS would be amazing! It's funny how in the past season the flip has been the jump that gave Mirai so much trouble (she avoided it during the 2011 GP and popped it at Nationals last year), now it's one of her strongest jumps!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I hope Gracie can conquer her nerves. She is usually strong in practice but the trick is to do it when it counts. She's due for some clean skates this season. This would be the perfect time to do it.
    I'm worried about her trying a Rippon lutz. I think it's a huge risk and the difficulty isn't rewarded because she could get the same GOE bonus by doing a transition into or out of the jump.

Wed am dance practice. No collisions. D and W are no shows. Keifer stubbled out of a twizzel but looked good after that...every major player looked good, except for Madison Hubbell who looks fantastic! Go Lynn and Logan....! Chris who is jealous of Zack Donohue

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I'm worried about her trying a Rippon lutz. I think it's a huge risk and the difficulty isn't rewarded because she could get the same GOE bonus by doing a transition into or out of the jump.
    That's what makes me angry: a Rippon 3Lz should receive all +2 and +3, just considering how difficult it is!! And if the landing is not clean (hand/foot down, poor speed and flow etc.) it should receive 0 and +1: this skaters has just landed a triple jump with both his/her arms over his/her head, and that obviously makes the jump wonkier if it's not perfectly executed!

Banned
    really hoping Gracie pulls a top 2 finish
    I want to see her compete at Worlds

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    3F+3T from Mirai? Wonderful!! And, has she ever landed a 3S in competition? A 7-triples FS would be amazing! It's funny how in the past season the flip has been the jump that gave Mirai so much trouble (she avoided it during the 2011 GP and popped it at Nationals last year), now it's one of her strongest jumps!
    She used to do nice transitions into the salchow:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEPMEIvN_gw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKKsq-cMErM

She started losing it around 08-09, I think the last time she landed it was 09 Nationals and she tried it here but fell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta3vY5ugZX8 and it's been missing ever since.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    really hoping Gracie pulls a top 2 finish
    I want to see her compete at Worlds
    Me too. Her best years are going to be after Sochi though. In two years i can see her overtaking Ashley if she continues to improve.

They retooled her jump layout to maximize her ability to go clean and score big. Saw her last week at practice and other than a freak splat on a spin (of all things), she was SOLID technically

This poster shot video of Gracie, Hannah, Caroline, Samantha, Ashley (Cain) and Agnes practice yesterday.

www.youtube.com/user/urrrara?feature=watch

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    This poster shot video of Gracie, Hannah, Caroline, Samantha, Ashley (Cain) and Agnes practice yesterday.

Thanks!!!

Banned
    Me too. Her best years are going to be after Sochi though. In two years i can see her overtaking Ashley if she continues to improve.
    yes , I really love her speed and her presentation and she has the jumps !
    the younger girls are too late for 2014 their time will indeed be after 2014
    Gracie could be a top American lady contender, Then there's Mirai, Karen Chen and other newcomers

Future (beyond Gold): Miller if she gets a 3+3, Edmunds if she can maintain and improve upon her tough content, Mariah Bell (she has everything EXCEPT the 3+3 - I think she's a STAR on the ice in terms of IT and selling a program), Wang if she can get some consistency in her SP, Keiser if she can get some consistency, Chen....Tyler Pierce (Novice) and Amy Lin (Novice) also impressed me

Custom Title
    I agree but I'm iffy on Keiser and would also add Cesario, big jumps and mature presentation, usually consistent when she's not injured, and reportedly is working on 3lo-3lo, and Barbie Long, her presentation is still not great, but she has a 3lz-3t and 2a-3t already and her jumps just seem to have gotten bigger and more secure since she's grown, usually the jump consistency is pretty good too and her layback spin is very strong. Leah for one doesn't have great jump technique, and also has a tendency to under-rotate her jumps, and falls quite a bit as well. I also wonder if she has/will outgrown the sport, based on pictures from JGP Turkey and the JGPF, she's grown a ton recently, she towers over most of the other girls I wouldn't be surprised if she's 5'6" or 5'7" by now and where her jumps have never been the most cleanly rotated or consistent, I'm not that hopeful they will suddenly get better now that she's gotten so tall and will probably continue to grow and fill out. Also, I thought Mariah's jumps looked better/bigger/stronger compared to last season which is a good thing, and though she looks young she will be 17 in a few months so she may be done with most of her growing.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

Thanks for posting my videos. I'm recording the ladies practice tonight but I ran out of memory and had to delete a lot to save room for Ashley and Mirai and I deleted more than I meant to. Including Samantha, Ashley Cain, and Hannah

I'm so sorry!
    Last edited by Nena; 01-24-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast