Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports?

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nena View Post
    Thanks for posting my videos. I'm recording the ladies practice tonight but I ran out of memory and had to delete a lot to save room for Ashley and Mirai and I deleted more than I meant to. Including Samantha, Ashley Cain, and Hannah

I'm so sorry!
    Thanks so much for the videos!

Caroline looks to be hit or miss with the 3-3...it looked pretty URed to me. I hope she skates strongly for herself but I don't think she'll make the podium this year.

Mirai looks pretty solid except for the second 3F (popped). Everything else looked pretty good, especially her 2A-3T.

Ashley had a slightly rough FS run through. That damn 3L+2A again! I'm a little worried...I hope she was just a little off and that won't become a problem for her. I wonder if it would be better for them to add a hop out of the 3L before the 2A. As it is she lands the 3L and steps right into the 2A. Maybe if they added a slight hop to prep before the 2A she'd give herself a bit more height... I don't know. I think I'll be closing my eyes on that one. Then she had a silly slip in the step seq too...but she did hit that final 3F! That's okay Ashley. Leave it all out on the practice ice...that's why it's there.

Thanks again for the videos! Anything from Angela Wang or Yasmin Siraj?
    Last edited by kwanatic; 01-24-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks for posting my videos. I'm recording the ladies practice tonight but I ran out of memory and had to delete a lot to save room for Ashley and Mirai and I deleted more than I meant to. Including Samantha, Ashley Cain, and Hannah

I'm so sorry!
    Thank you for the videos!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post

Ashley had a slightly rough FS run through. That damn 3L+2A again! I'm a little worried...I hope she was just a little off and that won't become a problem for her. I wonder if it would be better for them to add a hop out of the 3L before the 2A. As it is she lands the 3L and steps right into the 2A. Maybe if they added a slight hop to prep before the 2A she'd give herself a bit more height... I don't know. I think I'll be closing my eyes on that one. Then she had a silly slip in the step seq too...but she did hit that final 3F! That's okay Ashley. Leave it all out on the practice ice...that's why it's there.

I agree about the prep before the 2A. Would that stop it being a sequence? She had the same lack of height/spring on that 2A like in the GPF. I just hope it won't become a psychological hurdle, the freak fall in the footwork makes me think she was still mentally kicking herself for that fall. Everything else in that practice looked so SOLID. It's hard to imagine that she used two-foot her toe jumps; they look so confident! She can do it!!

Custom Title
    Wow. Watching the practice videos, they all seem so good!
    I'm clearly unable to judge whether their jumps are fully rotated and use the right edges and all that but it's very exciting how good and deep the ladies' field is this year!

I hope they all bring their best game tonight!

Side toe hop before the Axel leaves it as a sequence. She may not have success with that, though, because not everyone is comfortable with the side toe hop (tap toe) into Axels/other jumps. She kinda hitched the take off a little bit (ie tried too hard and cranked it causing it not to go up all the way). She'll get it sorted out.

♥ My Mirai's Golden Pond ♥ Sasha'sSpins's Avatar

I'm so sorry!
    Thank YOU for uploading the practice videos! I was thrilled especially to see Mirai's, Ashley (Wagner's) and Gracie's! Very much appreciated!

Here's to the Senior Ladies in the SP tonight! May they all have great skates!!
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 01-24-2013 at 03:21 PM.

skating philosopher
    You can see some of the men practice on Ice Network now. I don't think you need a subscription.

Custom Title
    Wow Mirai really looks good in the practice video. It may not be so easy for Ashley after all.

skating philosopher
    Ice Dance fans -- Ice Dance practice is on NOW on IN with the Shibs and Chock and Bates (among others)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I agree about the prep before the 2A. Would that stop it being a sequence? She had the same lack of height/spring on that 2A like in the GPF. I just hope it won't become a psychological hurdle, the freak fall in the footwork makes me think she was still mentally kicking herself for that fall. Everything else in that practice looked so SOLID. It's hard to imagine that she used two-foot her toe jumps; they look so confident! She can do it!!
    No, a step or hop between the two elements wouldn't change the designation.

Custom Title
    Ashley came down with a case of salmonella last week. Not the best time to lose training time so she may not be at her best. But she's one tough cookie.
    Last edited by Jammers; 01-24-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Is anyone watching the backstage camera on ice network right now?
    Men's practice is going on. Who's the redhead?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Is anyone watching the backstage camera on ice network right now?
    Men's practice is going on. Who's the redhead?
    Sean Rabbit.

Tripping on the Podium
    Here's Jason Brown's amazing FS runthrough from yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9bRvL-1DQ8

And here's Max Aaron's FS run through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXcgpN27sTI

Sorry that's all I have. I could upload Jeremy if anyone really, really wants to see it. But I don't like putting bad practices on Youtube.

Here's Jason Brown's amazing FS runthrough from yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9bRvL-1DQ8

And here's Max Aaron's FS run through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXcgpN27sTI

Sorry that's all I have. I could upload Jeremy if anyone really, really wants to see it. But I don't like putting bad practices on Youtube.

Thank you so much Nena. Max Aaron looked terrific landing his quads & triples. West Side Story suits his athletic style much more than Tosca & I'm looking to him along with 2 or 3 other of our young skaters to lift the US back to being a figure skating force in mens skating. As for Jason...what can you say? The young man is breathtaking to watch. So beautiful that it brings tears to my eyes watching him. Memories of John Curry & what we lost when he passed away.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast