Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Junior Ladies

Yes, this is a sport and yes, URs matter...but I loved Polina s skate for the artistry. You go, girl!

Yeah, no need to worry bout Chen. She's young and driven. Barring injury, she'll be fine!

But actually she is old enough to compete in JGP in the upcoming season. She will turn 14 in August, the requirement is to be 13 by July 1 2013 for the 2013-2014 season.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 01-24-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Banned
    Polina doesnt sound like an American name
    is she Polish, Czech, Ukrainian or Russian descent ?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Polina doesnt sound like an American name
    is she Polish, Czech, Ukrainian or Russian descent ?
    Her mother is Russian and her father is American.

Custom Title
    I just finished watching the event, The top four were excellent, Karen chen was great even with the downgrades, Barbie has great high jumps, Mariah is just fabulous and polina edmunds reminds me of a young Carolina Kostner . But outside the top four there were some skaters who really caught my eye, Madison Vinci is a beautiful skater and Amber glenn landed a rippon triple lutz and had a lot of fire in her presentation Well done to all the ladies!

Custom Title
    Last year, I saw the top 3 competing in SJ. Then, I said Mariah is a star!!! Give her a few more years, she would be the top American. I wasn't that impressed with Polina, I thought she was ok. I didn't think too highly of Barbie. She was forgettable.

Hopefully Mariah will continue to do well.

Custom Title
    I was really impressed with Polina's control and artistry! The jumps are still sometimes iffy, but her landings are nice and her presentation has improved tremendously over last season! I agree about the Kostner resemblences between her 3-3s, body type, and SPEED! That girl skates so fast. She might get the jumps more solid once she builds some more muscle, she obviously grew a lot recently and her body still seems to be in that gangly catch-up phase. Barbie is somewhat forgettable but I still really like her and think she could go far. Her jumps are just really solid, and she too has grown a lot in the past couple years, on the podium she was an inch or two taller than Polina, so her technical prowess considering her growth and now fairly tall stature is impressive, and she isn't really prone to the URs so much.

Custom Title
    Was Polina's LP ever posted anywhere?

Rinkside
    I think Polina's participation in the US Challenge skate in SLC that went on at the same time as the Senior B event qualifies her with the TES Mins as judged by an International Judging panel - at least I think they can send her to JW if they want to !

Custom Title
    As Polina gets older and fills out she will get stronger. She already can do most of the triples. She's come a long way from that 12 year old two years ago who looked a bit out of place as skating against the older Juniors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4