Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Junior Ladies

Custom Title
    Yeah the top 4 after the SP were the podium contenders going into this event, the rest of the field is pretty much unknown. I thought Barbie had grown too, she and Polina both look so tall now, they used to be so little. Also I thought Barbie's jumps looked higher than usual, maybe that's why she was having trouble with the landings? I know at her JGP, she got a few URs, so maybe she's been working on jump height to fix that and the result is just not as much control with the landings. Polina's speed is just wow, really brings to mind Kostner during her teen years with the fast skating, long limbs and hard 3-3s! Karen I agree is really special but she's still just a little girl. I'm glad Mariah's jumps seem to have gotten more secure as she's grown, I was afraid they would get worse, but no that lutz was really nice. I hope the medalists end up being the top 4 after the SP, in whatever order, I really want to see Polina and Mariah on the JGP next season so I hope hope for their sake they can hang on to a podium spot so as to not miss out again (I really felt both should have gotten JGPs this past season quite honestly).

There was a clear "line of demarcation" between the top 4 and the next 8 in terms of what was put on the ice.

Custom Title
    louisa05 silverlake22 mskater93 thank you very much for your answers!
    There are no videos, so I can not estimate by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Also I thought Barbie's jumps looked higher than usual, maybe that's why she was having trouble with the landings?
    It is good if when girl grows her jumps grow with her.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I really want to see Polina and Mariah on the JGP next season so I hope hope for their sake they can hang on to a podium spot so as to not miss out again (I really felt both should have gotten JGPs this past season quite honestly).
    Polina was not stable enough at the beginning of the season, and it is the main reason why she was only substitute at JGP Events 2012/2013.

Custom Title
    Wow hard to believe i remember seeing Mariah for the first time two years ago as a tiny Novice skater at Nationals with that watch me gene when she skated. Now she's grown up and become a sophisticated young lady. I was also worried about her losing her jumps but they seem to be a bit bigger.
    Last edited by Jammers; 01-22-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Custom Title
    Love Karen Chen, this should be her Junior debut right? Surprised to see her in 3rd. Really want to watch videos to see the top 3

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    I guess, unless you're an icenetwork subscriber, you're out of luck where videos are concerned...

Anyone watching?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    I guess, unless you're an icenetwork subscriber, you're out of luck where videos are concerned...

Anyone watching?
    I'm watching the numbers . . . not quite the same thing but this is life when you are a figure skating fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ucrgirl View Post
    I'm watching the numbers . . . not quite the same thing but this is life when you are a figure skating fan.
    I'm watching the numbers on icenetwork too.

Here comes the heavy hitters group.

Can Karen Chen come through in the clutch?

Huh, Frank Carroll is in the K&C with Polina and her current coach? Coaching change? Co-coach?

ETA: Tweet from annmjenson: #frankcarrollrules Frank has been seeing Polina on Sundays in Palm Springs, BTW #omaha2013.

Polina Edmunds: Long program score 101.63. Total score: 159.80.

However, her score at sectionals was 166.62.

Her score at regionals was 158.18.

Hm...Polina gets 101. Much better than last year, but well off Gracie's 118 from last year; I think Polina knew that.

Custom Title
    probably some underrotated jumps. Only thing i can think of with her score being that low for a mostly clean program.

Custom Title
    What happened to Shpilband? I'm only going off the unofficial results but she went from the final group to last? Mid-skate injury?

Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    What happened to Shpilband? I'm only going off the unofficial results but she went from the final group to last? Mid-skate injury?
    She just fell apart--a few falls, a waltz jump (i.e. ZERO points).

Karen Chen finishes in fourth place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast