Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The prettiest female skaters nowadays

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

The prettiest female skaters nowadays

[Sorry, Admins. I typed this out before I discovered that you can’t post replies in threads that have been archived. So, seeing as I went to the bother of composing it, I have decided to start a new thread so that I can post it. But, I was wondering if it was possible for one of the Admins to retrieve the thread of the same name ( http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?36858 ) from the archives and merge this thread into it. If so, I would very much appreciate it, as it would make the discussion easier to follow. CaroLiza_fan ]

When I saw that we now have a thread about the sexiest programmes ( http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?39719 ), it reminded me about this comment that I wrote after the Cup of Russia, BACK IN NOVEMBER(!!!), but forgot to actually post. Oops!!!

Right, here are the first 10 names that came into my head, in the order they came into my head! Which probably says something in itself!

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: I am totally smitten!
    Carolina Kostner: Well, she is the reason I fell in love with skating.
    Akiko Suzuki: Still can't believe that she's older than me - she looks so young! And her playful personality makes her even more beautiful!
    Alena Leonova: Talk about a body to die for!!!
    Nathalie Péchalat: She may be one of the older skaters now, but she still exudes sexiness!
    Elena Ilynikh: When you put aside my personal tastes and biases, Elena is without doubt the most beautiful skater on the circuit. What I want to know is: are all Kazakh girls this stunning???!!!
    Kiira Korpi: A very beautiful girl, but an even more beautiful skater.
    Kim Yu-Na: OK, so she may be far too cocky for my liking, but boys she is beautiful! And, like Kiira, she is even more beautiful as a skater.
    Mao Asada: While Yu-Na wins on the sheer beauty stakes, there is one factor that Mao has that Yu-Na never will - cuteness!
    Katy Perry (Sorry Tessa, I couldn't resist!): Come on, how could you not include Tessa Virtue in this sort of list?! She is the best Katy Perry lookalike that I have ever seen!

To be honest, I could have made a very long list, as there are so many pretty skaters about. Like, I could have included:

Practically all the Oriental girls (I have always had a thing for Oriental girls… But, some of the younger Chinese girls look ridiculously young, so that is why I have not said "all the Oriental girls");
    Practically all the Russian girls (sorry Julia, but you're still too young. But all the older Russian girls could have been on it…);
    All the Italian girls (see my comment for Anna Cappellini, below);
    Most of the French girls (well, I do have Huguenot blood deep within me…)
    Most of the North American girls

But, so that the list doesn't go on forever, I have instead selected 13 that I wanted to make specific comments about!

Adelina Sotnikova: I know I've been complaining about her wearing revealing outfits at her age. But, the reason I am so concerned is because she is growing up to be a wee stunner!
    Ashley Wagner: A beautiful girl to start with, but the way she is always so happy is infectious. You can't help but smile when she appears!
    Vera Bazarova: Very beautiful, but she really needs a good feed. That sort of figure is fine for a girl of 14 or 15, but on a 19 year-old, it just does not look healthy.
    Ekaterina Pushkash: As beautiful as Bazarova, but without looking skinny.
    Ekaterina Riazanova: Although Ekaterina was quite pretty when I first saw her back in 2009, I never dreamt she would grow up to be as stunningly beautiful as she is now!!!
    Vanessa James: OK, so I do tend to find black girls attractive. But this one is particularly nice!
    Eliška Březinová: To be honest, I'm biased because I've always had a soft spot for Czechs and I'm a fan of her brother. But, she is a beautiful wee girl!
    Valentina Marchei: Is it just me, or does Valentina look a bit like Carolina?
    Anna Cappellini: There's just something about Italian girls, and boys but Anna has it!
    Anastasia Martiusheva: A very pretty wee girl, but she would be even more beautiful if only she knew how to smile! I first noticed it on her Facebook photos, but now Simon Reed has pointed it out while commentating on the Cup Of Russia.
    Daria Popova: I know Daria is very good at the sultry look (just see her modelling photos) but, like Anastasia, she would be even more beautiful if she just smiled more. But, unlike Anastasia, at least I know Daria can smile!
    Gracie Gold: Never heard tell of her until Skate Canada, but she really impressed me. She's a wee stunner, and a very good skater. One to watch for the future.
    Agnes Zawadzki: Same as Gracie, really. Except, that it was the Cup Of Russia that I first saw her, of course!

CaroLiza_fan

Alexandra Stepanova! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDkJ91GXSZI

(Stepanova/Bukin they are fantastic)
    Last edited by plushyfan; 01-23-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Christina Gao IMNSHO, the most beautiful woman in the world.
    Caroline Zhang More of a girl-next-door beauty.
    Mirai Nagasu She has a really great figure.
    Fumie Suguri I don't usually like women 12 years older than me, but her outright determination to continue skating when everybody wants her to quit is downright sexy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3eeR...ature=youtu.be
    Maé Bérénice Méité
    Yu-Na Kim
    Kanako Muakami
    Akiko Suzuki
    Narumi Takahashi She is the very definition of petite.

P.S. I just discovered that Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres skated to Yanni's Nostalgia last season. I love that song!

There are two ladies tied at the top of my list for "prettiest female skater", and I just can't decide between them. Either Miki Ando or Kiira Korpi. When I first saw Miki I thought she was so pretty and I wished I could look just like her! And Kiira, well, she's undeniably gorgeous, and I'm a little jealous

Honorable mentions are:
    Christina Gao
    Yuna Kim
    Meryl Davis
    Madison Chock
    Tessa Virtue
    Kanako Murakami

ETA: Forgot to add Liza Tuktamysheva. She's a little stunner!
    Last edited by Butterscotch17; 01-23-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Victoria Sinitsina - classic beauty
    Anna Yanovskaya - very athletic, striking
    Anna Pogorilaya - her exotic eyes are what draw me in, but her hair and body type add to the stunning image
    Yretha Silete - great legs and she's so buff
    Monika Simancikova - harsh Eastern European features, but she makes them work and her thin, muscular physique I find very attractive
    Juulia Tuurkilla - her crooked teeth just make her even cuter!
    Polina Korobeynikova - beautiful physique, and there's something special about her face
    Maia Shibutani - classy. looks like a first lady.
    Meryl Davis - weird looking, but in a demure, beautiful way
    Julia Lipnitskaya - sexy cat eyes and her smirk is so cute
    Miki Ando - in the right outfits she can look really hot
    Kexin Zhang - something about her eyes and lips. she's soo shy but it sometimes comes off as a hot bitchy quietness
    Zijun Li - classic Asian beauty. Cute for now, will be stunning later

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    V
    Julia Lipnitskaya - sexy cat eyes and her smirk is so cute
    Isn't she a bit too young to be called "sexy" . She is pretty though.

Tessa Virtue, Canadian figure skater

Medalist
    Madison Chock
    Tessa Virtue
    Liza Tuktamysheva
    Julia Lipnitskaya
    Elena Ilynikh
    Kiira Korpi
    Nathalie Péchalat
    Yu-Na Kim
    Maia Shibutani
    Gracie Gold

Banned
    different types of beauty:

Julia Lipnitskaya - ethereal and effortless
    Kim Yuna - Classic Beauty
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - she is petite but something about her that is very striking, her confidence is also attractive
    Meryl Davis - Disney Princess Beauty
    Gracie Gold - Hollywood Beauty
    Carolina Kostner - she got more beautiful as she gets older
    Katelyn Osmond - her face is striking reminds me of Eva Green but I don't like her body
    Kiira Korpi
    Elena Ilinykh - a bombshell
    Victoria Sinitsina
    Miki Ando - very athletic beauty

Model Beauties those tall and modelesque skaters:

Alexandra Stepanova - she should go for modeling after she retires
    Anna Pogogrilaya - her body type I think as she gets older will be a bomb
    Zijun Li- she is very leggy she will be beautiful as she matures
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 01-23-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Rinkside
    Kiira Korpi
    Yuna Kim
    Tessa Virtue
    Ksenia Makarova
    Zijun Li

Custom Title
    I think it's an unwritten rule that to be a female figure skater, one must be beautiful!

Custom Title
    If I may put in a good word for Katia Gordeyeva, beautiful at each stage of life.

Also Mao Asada, Alissa Czisny, Amanda Evora, Surya Bonaly (one of skating's great smiles) and Michelle Kwan.

(I know we're talking nowadays, but Gordeyeva still skates, and Kwan is not exactly hiding away out of sight. So there.)

If we look at our lists, it's marvelous to realize how diverse-looking these ladies are. There isn't one type. Nothing against Miss America, but half the time I can't tell the contestants apart. There's no mistaking one skater for another, and yet all of them that we've mentioned (and many that we haven't so far) are gorgeous.

I'm not sure I would call Meryl Davis a Disney princess. I understand the thought, because there's something magical about the way she looks, but I think her face is far more intriguing than any animated character could ever be. I often put her at the top of my list, because she's so unique and magnetic. The best way I can express it is that I could have imagined a face like Kiira Korpi's without ever having seen her, because she has that ideal, classically proportioned, cool blonde beauty, like Grace Kelly. But I could never have imagined Meryl Davis's face for myself. The combination of features, with those wide-apart eyes and angular bones, is delightfully unexpected.
    Last edited by Olympia; 01-23-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

I'm not sure I would call Meryl Davis a Disney princess. I understand the thought, because there's something magical about the way she looks, but I think her face is far more intriguing than any animated character could ever be.
    because Meryl does excessive make up and her face is really unique almost a living animated face
    and her costumes are very disney princess like

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    Isn't she a bit too young to be called "sexy" . She is pretty though.
    I know but that's the best way to describe it. Girl has just got sexy eyes. It's like, when the camera focuses in on her face, you forget she's just a little girl. I feel like most of the figure skaters from Russia are really, really attractive. Shelepen has bad teeth but her facial features and body type are very attractive.

Also is Ilynikh actually Kazakh? I was under the impression she was Russian and just born in Kazakhstan. She could pass for being Italian or French, so if she is truly fully Kazakh, I am quite surprised.

Also she's just a little kid but Elena Radinova is quite pretty as well. I like this picture of her and Anna from the GPF https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater . They both look really good in that salmon pink shade.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Also is Ilynikh actually Kazakh? I was under the impression she was Russian and just born in Kazakhstan. She could pass for being Italian or French, so if she is truly fully Kazakh, I am quite surprised.

Also she's just a little kid but Elena Radinova is quite pretty as well. I like this picture of her and Anna from the GPF https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater . They both look really good in that salmon pink shade.
    Elena ilinykh is Russian but was born in Kazakhstan
    there are many Russians living and citizens of Kazakhstan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast