Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The prettiest female skaters nowadays

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    If I may put in a good word for Katia Gordeyeva, beautiful at each stage of life.

Also Mao Asada, Alissa Czisny, Amanda Evora, Surya Bonaly (one of skating's great smiles) and Michelle Kwan.

(I know we're talking nowadays, but Gordeyeva still skates, and Kwan is not exactly hiding away out of sight. So there.)

If we look at our lists, it's marvelous to realize how diverse-looking these ladies are. There isn't one type. Nothing against Miss America, but half the time I can't tell the contestants apart. There's no mistaking one skater for another, and yet all of them that we've mentioned (and many that we haven't so far) are gorgeous.

I'm not sure I would call Meryl Davis a Disney princess. I understand the thought, because there's something magical about the way she looks, but I think her face is far more intriguing than any animated character could ever be. I often put her at the top of my list, because she's so unique and magnetic. The best way I can express it is that I could have imagined a face like Kiira Korpi's without ever having seen her, because she has that ideal, classically proportioned, cool blonde beauty, like Grace Kelly. But I could never have imagined Meryl Davis's face for myself. The combination of features, with those wide-apart eyes and angular bones, is delightfully unexpected.
    Katya absolutely! In terms of Meryl, I thought of Merle Oberon, a famous Hollywood actress from the 40's. No Disney here; to me she is an exotic ballerina.

Custom Title
    I know Merle Oberon. That's an interesting connection to make. She was in one of my favorite movies, The Scarlet Pimpernel. I like your thought about Meryl being an exotic ballerina. Now that you mention it, she reminds me quite a bit of Cynthia Gregory, a major ballerina from the seventies.

I definitely find Katia Gordeeva beautiful.
    And Tanith Belbin is beautiful.

Those two, for me, embody ideal feminine beauty, but I also find Mao Asada to be incomparably beautiful in a universal, transcendental kind of way.

Many fans have remarked upon her remarkable facial similarity to Bodhisattva statues:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bodhisattvas

I also find that she looks very similar to Mona Lisa:

Mona Lisa: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...a_headcrop.jpg
    Mao: http://tokitama.tumblr.com/post/3057...1/cm-mantanweb

Custom Title
    I agree about Mao. I think this is partly due to her expressiveness. She has such a mobile face. Very interesting about the Bodhisattva statues.

Custom Title
    I wasn't sure before but after watching Worlds I must say Monika Simancikova has become very beautiful, she has strong features but she's finally grown into them and has a striking look to her that's very alluring.

Kaetlyn Osmond is also really pretty I think (I know some people aren't fans of her body type, but I think the costumes are just not the best fit, she looks stunning in practice outfits and fit, trim, muscular...not heavy at all), her eyes especially are very sparkly and draw you in.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Elena Ilynikh - classic Russian beauty with stunning features (dont really see why she is dating Morosov :S)
    Victoria Sinitsina - very beautiful with a down-to-earth personality
    Kiira Korpi - she is a mix of Grace Kelly and Charlize Theron
    Zijun Li - she is soooooo adorable
    Vanessa James - wonderful figure and very pretty

Honorable Mention:
    Alena Leonova has the most beautiful eyes!!

Custom Title
    Gracie Gold is very lovely. I especially love the way she wears her hair, that tucked-in braid. It looks almost like embroidery.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by senatormls View Post
    A good second place is Meryl White.. great hair and skin, almost alabaster. And both are stunning on the ice as skaters!
    didn't know Meryl married Charlie White

After seeing many of them again close up at nats and worlds from the first row during practice, and looking at my pics, yes, Gracie is gorgeous, but then so are many of the others....and there is an interesting effect. I always thought Agnes Z. very appealing on TV and out there on the ice but you cant appreciate her beauty from a photo. You have to see her in real life close up...here she is with me at Omaha. I dont know if its their facial expressions or what but it is an interesting phenomena...Agnes is definately wonderful looking in person.
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...psc01015a1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Gracie Gold is very lovely. I especially love the way she wears her hair, that tucked-in braid. It looks almost like embroidery.

Custom Title
    I have always thought Agnes was very pretty, don't know why other people think otherwise. Her features are a bit strong, so a few years ago they maybe overpowered her a bit, and I also thought in her earlier teenage years she was a little too angular in build, with those skinny arms and big pointy elbows, but as she's grown up she's grown into her features and now has a striking figure and she is even more beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Agnes is definately wonderful looking in person.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...psc01015a1.jpg
    She's beautiful. And you're not so bad yourself, for an old geezer.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I have always thought Agnes was very pretty, don't know why other people think otherwise. Her features are a bit strong, but as she's grown up she's grown into her features and now has a striking figure and she is even more beautiful.
    She reminds me of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy.

http://carolynbessettekennedy.files....2010/10/44.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    She reminds me of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy.

http://carolynbessettekennedy.files....2010/10/44.jpg
    You're right! Good catch. She does look like Bessette, who had splendid strong features. And usually didn't wear makeup, as I recall.

Chris, what a wonderful photo. And she does look lovely. I had noticed during her skating what an expressive face she has.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3