Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Custom Title
    I think Rachael Flatt also skated 2nd in the SP in 2010 when she won Nationals. It won't hurt Mirai unless she makes mistakes.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Okay, my mistake.

It is interesting that this is only her 3rd senior nationals.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Wasn't Forte skating for Australia for awhile?
    For the record :

Omaha is Forte's fourth time at senior nationals (after she previously competed in 2009, 2011, and 2012).

Dunno the answer re Australia, but per her bio:
    "In July 2009, she decided she would not skate for the United States in 2009-10 ... She ultimately attempted to compete for Azerbaijan, but she never appeared in an event as a representative of that country ... Decided to once again compete in the United States in 2010-11."

Oh, sorry, it was Azerbaijan, not Australia. lol.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I think Mirai got a good spot (2nd). She'll have less time to think about what she has to do and with only one skater ahead of her, she doesn't have to focus on hitting a mark (in terms of score); she can just skate. If she does well I don't think the judges will hold back on her score. They know she's a top 5 skater and if she nails it I think they'll score her appropriately.

Same thing for Angela. She's a very good FS skater but her issue is usually with the SP. Maybe with less time to stress about it she'll be able to hit it out of the park...

Gracie's obviously the star of her group so hopefully that will help her relax.

That final group is pretty stacked: Christina and then Ashley and Agnes back to back. Ashley should be used to skating late so I'm not worried about her, but I agree with those who said Agnes may be at a disadvantage having to skate last. All of the top competitors will have gone which means she'll know what she needs to do...on one hand that's great but on the other, that could be pressure. Plus it's well-known she doesn't like to skate last.

I'm excited!

Custom Title
    Wow, seeing the starting order makes me realize it's really happening tomorrow! (Though technically it'll be Friday for me ) Ashley is used to skating last and likes skating when the pressure's on. Go Ashley!!

Custom Title
    Good luck Mirai!! I am hoping for a Miracle on this one!!!! Probably last realistic season if she is going to go for Sochi!!! Comeon!!!

2nd spot is good, she doesn't have to think so much!

Custom Title
    I hope its a dog fight in the SP. I hope they all skate well.. I have to admit I do have a soft spot for Christina. I hope its finally her turn to shine.

I just noticed that Linda Leaver is one of the judges in the ladies event.

Miserere Nobis
    Go Gracie! She's definitely head-and-shoulders above the rest of her group, and this is the time to skate two clean programs.

best to all esp ash, aggie mirai and gracie. skate well-best two go to worlds and get us 3 oly spots-

Banned
    prediction for sp ranking

1 Gracie Goldd
    2 Ashley Wagner
    3 Mirai Nagasu
    4 Hannah Miller

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    I just noticed that Linda Leaver is one of the judges in the ladies event.
    I met the judge Linda Leaver at the Senior B in Salt Lake City. She is a very nice lady but is not the skating coach Linda Leaver. Apparently there are two Linda Leavers.

Banned
    Does anyone know when I can watch this? I own an icenetwork subscription but I can't find any info on their site, and I know they delayed most of the GP events by a week.

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Does anyone know when I can watch this? I own an icenetwork subscription but I can't find any info on their site, and I know they delayed most of the GP events by a week.
    I think the events not being shown on tv are shown live.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    prediction for sp ranking

1 Gracie Goldd
    2 Ashley Wagner
    3 Mirai Nagasu
    4 Hannah Miller
    I agree with 1-3 but Hannah for 4th? I love her spunk and attitude but when you look at her technical content compared to Angela, Agnes, Christina and Courtney, plus the fact this is her debut at nationals, I'm not too sure if that's a realistic placement for her. If she's clean I think she'll make top 10, but in the 7-10 range...

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    You can watch the ladies SP tonight live...nationals and SA are the only events Icenetwork shows live. On Saturday Icenetwork will have the early groups of the ladies FS and the last two groups will be broadcast on NBC.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast