Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I agree with 1-3 but Hannah for 4th? I love her spunk and attitude but when you look at her technical content compared to Angela, Agnes, Christina and Courtney, plus the fact this is her debut at nationals, I'm not too sure if that's a realistic placement for her. If she's clean I think she'll make top 10, but in the 7-10 range...
    She scored almost 60 points for her SP at the JGPF. Hicks won't likely get as high PCS, Angela if she doesn't hit her 3-3 won't likely be near 60, Christina clean should be higher but the SP has been a struggle for her this season and her layout is not all that ambitious (3t-3t and 3lo), so I actually could see Miller being pretty high up. A clean Zawadzki though should score really high, and don't forget Cesario either, or Siraj if she hits her 3t-3t with that lovely program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    I met the judge Linda Leaver at the Senior B in Salt Lake City. She is a very nice lady but is not the skating coach Linda Leaver. Apparently there are two Linda Leavers.
    Oh ok, I thought she was Brian Boitano's coach. Thanks for the info!

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    She scored almost 60 points for her SP at the JGPF...
    She hasn't skated at a senior level competition yet, plus she's not one of the main 4 or 5 people who are expected to medal here. As much as we hate it, reputation is a big part of nationals. It should really be factored into the score...maybe next year they can add a section to the PCS called RP (Reputation: how you usually skate, how the judges like you, etc.).

If Christina, Agnes, Angela and Courtney make mistakes I think 4th would be a possibility. Christina and Agnes definitely have a big leg up over her; if Angela's clean, Hannah can't beat her; I abhor Courtney's skating but she skates fast and jumps big which the judges like. I really like Hannah, especially her style and the way she skates outward. However she has no 3-3 (everyone else does) and her jumps aren't nearly as big as other girls, and those kind of things will factor in.

I hope she does well. Who knows? She could end up in 4th after the SP...but given what's at stake (2 places to worlds for spots in Sochi) and the level of the competition, I'm not sure how likely that is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I agree with 1-3 but Hannah for 4th? I love her spunk and attitude but when you look at her technical content compared to Angela, Agnes, Christina and Courtney, plus the fact this is her debut at nationals, I'm not too sure if that's a realistic placement for her. If she's clean I think she'll make top 10, but in the 7-10 range...
    Hannah has good technical contents and her pcs arent that bad either
    though a clean Gao or Zawadzki will beat her
    but those two skating clean sps are a question mark

Custom Title
    The ladies sp is starting right now. I don't have an icenetwork.com subscription to watch, but I follow U.S. Figure Skating on Twitter and they are giving a play by play of the whole event.

Let's get it on!

seems that this started early?

Custom Title
    Mirai is a diffferent skater when she's the underdog. The problem is when she is on the radar again she gets scared. It's almost a catch 22 situation with her.
    Last edited by Jammers; 01-24-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Banned
    Go Gracieee !!!!!!

Custom Title
    just got online & caught the final spin in Mirai's SP, but they just replayed her 3T/3T - landed nicely. She was happy at the end.

64.39 - into 1st!!!

Mirai's short was excellent.
    Last edited by Reginald; 01-28-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Custom Title
    Well, but Reginald, even though it's not over yet, Mirai has had a quite good season, and she's definitely matured physically and mentally. She's been working very hard to rebuild her reputation. Give credit where credit is due.

Here's hoping that this year's nationals won't be a splatterfest.
    Last edited by Reginald; 01-28-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Custom Title
    Mirai had a great skate with a SP score of 64.39.

Custom Title
    What a great skate from Mirai! Really hitting the notes, smiling at the audience. You can see she's getting her spark back. And not a shadow of a doubt about the triple/triple. Her second one this season! It looks like she's finding ways to survive and stay strong despite the flu. After all her jumps she would look right at the judges and the crowd. Very sassy. Love it.

I think she got lowballed on the PCS. Just 29 and change. I'm guessing part of that is a function of skating second of 21. But 64.39 is still great! Definitely puts pressure on the other ladies to deliver. Also great job Samantha!

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast