2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Reginald

Match Penalty
Just watched Mirai's short program. She dyed her hair...cool!

Those stands are EMPTY! Expect them to empty out even more, if the judges' scores don't start making sense.

louisa05

Final Flight
Gracie is handling pressure like Mirai and Alissa have. She needs to fix that somehow.

A year ago the Gold hype machine was telling us she didn't feel it. I knew that would change. Seniors is a different world.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ah, I agree with Art & Sport, it's definitely not a career ender for Gracie. She's still only 17 and what is key is what she takes away from this experience, not just the final result.

katymay

Medalist
I thought Caroline was judged pretty harshly. Her lack of speed is huge problem, but still, the score was too low.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Well, not so sure about Zawadzki or Gao, but a clean (or even mostly clean) Wagner will certainly top Mirai's score.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Not liking it. I wish she'd gone with a redder or auburn-brown shade.

Go Christina and Ashley!

P.S. Mirai skated second. That's why the stands are relatively empty.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
A year ago the Gold hype machine was telling us she didn't feel it. I knew that would change. Seniors is a different world.

Yes, exactly. It's a similar situation with Adelina in Russia. I hope they both will learn from their experiences and be better for it.

evangeline

Record Breaker

Those stands are EMPTY! Expect them to empty out even more, if the judges' scores don't start making sense.

Mirai skated very early. The seats tend to fill up for the last two groups, b/c that's usually when the big-name skaters skate.

louisa05

Final Flight
Ah, I agree with Art & Sport, it's definitely not a career ender for Gracie. She's still only 17 and what is key is what she takes away from this experience, not just the final result.

It absolutely isn't. And I don't mean to sound like a naysayer about her. I just think that the way some skaters get so hyped up by the media and fans creates so much pressure for their first senior season and it isn't always good for them. Everyone needs to think before they hype! And that includes the PR machines that are likely behind it sometimes. I hope she does well on Saturday night (and I get to be there!!), and is able to learn from this competition.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I'm going to take solace in the fact that Wagner was able to move from 8th to 4th last year at Worlds.

FWIW, you make it sound like Ashley already skated, and did so poorly. I had to check icenetwork/musings to verify that wasn't the case. Insert sigh of relief here.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It absolutely isn't. And I don't mean to sound like a naysayer about her. I just think that the way some skaters get so hyped up by the media and fans creates so much pressure for their first senior season and it isn't always good for them. Everyone needs to think before they hype! And that includes the PR machines that are likely behind it sometimes. I hope she does well on Saturday night (and I get to be there!!), and is able to learn from this competition.

No I didn't think that at all! And I agree. Hype does no good for anyone.