2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

evangeline

Record Breaker
Mirai can't seem to do her jumps and skate with freedom at the same time it seems. She looks like she's checking off the elements and it hurts her performance.

Mirai's certainly capable of landing her jumps and skating with freedom (2010 Nationals and Olympics). And I think Mirai's SP this year shows more spunk and energy than anything she's done since 2010.

avalyn

Rinkside

Thanks a lot! :) Yay, I'm happy for Mirai! I was expecting Gracie to do well, it's a shame she still seems to have problems with nerves. Hopefully she can get over that in time. I'm curious to see Caroline Zhang's and eager to hear from you all about how Ashley does :popcorn:

No stream, so I'll be looking for more on youtube, I guess. I thought that ice network had livestreams for Skate America and Nationals for all registered users, but it's saying that I have to pay. I've seen one user uploaded practice videos, like this one of Ashley.

willdu

On the Ice
Mirai's certainly capable of landing her jumps and skating with freedom (2010 Nationals and Olympics). And I think Mirai's SP this year shows more spunk and energy than anything she's done since 2010.

Agreed. Some of the programs were really not "mirai." They seemed very generic. So the question is, will she feel less pressure being in 1st after the short or being 2nd or 3rd to Wagner and/or Agnes?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Ashely's short is really special. I do love the choreo and what she does with it. It did seem like she was pushing through it but WHEW! Good for her.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I think Mirai's SP in 2010 nationals showed a lot more personality than this one. This music warrants some connection to the audience and there wasn't any, still, she skated very well.

I thought Mirai's skate was super. True, the spunky little teenager is gone, but I like this new lady just fine! :yes:

riceplate

On the Ice
IT girl brings it! Nice performance from Ashley. That last flying spin could have used more speed towards the end.

vera01

Final Flight
PCS:32.83 TES:34.74 Total:67.57

Good job, Ashley:) I'm surprised that there's no inflation on the scores.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mirai's TES 34.73
Ashley's TES 34.74.

Even with no 3-3 Ashley squeaks by Mirai's TES.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I am surprised Ashleys score was not higher. It is almost the same as she got at the GP final in front of international judges. Maybe U.S judges havent caught onto to the National inflation craze of other countries though.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Wow. They're really going the route of non-inflation in this Nationals (low-balling, even). It's kind of like Korean Nationals when the judges gave Yuna a 64 (then again, she had some pretty major mistakes).

Glad for Ashley though!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am surprised Ashleys score was not higher. It is almost the same as she got at the GP final in front of international judges. Maybe U.S judges havent caught onto to the National inflation craze of other countries though.

I consider that a good thing.