2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Layfan

Record Breaker
What a shock for Caroline! Did they downgrade EVERY jump? geez. Poor girl. She looked lovely and so relaxed throughout. I'm crushed for her.

Reginald

Match Penalty
Honestly, from the comments here on Caroline's skate, I suspect that "reputation scoring" is playing some part in this. She hasn't had a great season so far, and she's getting hammered for it at Nats.

Reputation scoring needs to go. Now.

James R

Match Penalty
So since politics still enters into the scores, why are we bothering with this BS scoring system which disconnects the audience from the results and has injured skaters with legs flying out of their sockets? How about returning to 6.0 with NO anonymous judging, and institute a judging oversight committee.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sadly reputation scoring will never go away no matter what kind of scoring system they come up with.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What a shock for Caroline! Did they downgrade EVERY jump? geez. Poor girl. She looked lovely and so relaxed throughout. I'm crushed for her.

Yes, she got a DG on one jump and UR on the other two.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Oh, absolutely, Mrs. P. It's like, they're saying, "Just who are you, Ms. Forte?"

Too bad for Kiri. The commentators are kinda funny because if Kiri had skated well, they would be like they were during the warm-up saying that her earlier pairs skate helped her.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Send some positive vibe to Caroline and Joelle. You guys should do a back flip tomorrow in the LP!

Reginald

Match Penalty
So since politics still enters into the scores, why are we bothering with this BS scoring system which disconnects the audience from the results and has injured skaters with legs flying out of their sockets? How about returning to 6.0 with NO anonymous judging, and institute a judging oversight committee.

I have previously been a fan of CoP. But, for once, I have turned against it.

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
skating singles and pairs at this levels seems bonkers. how can you possibly have the energy to work four programs in one season?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A FEW? -- maybe they just don't want her anywhere near the podium. :mad:

Zhang had an utterly abysmal GP season, so it's no surprise the judges have discarded her. 12th in Nebelhorn, 9th at Skate Canada, and 10th at Rostelecom. She blew away any momentum she had following a 4th at Nationals and a 3rd at 4CC last season by how badly she was received over the fall.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Yes, I agree. That's a total low-ball for Caroline. At the least, she deserved to be over 50 points and ahead of Amanda Hoffman! TPTB sending a message once again I'm sure.

I don't care re downgrading, they gave Caroline nothing for the beauty of her spins and her hard-won improvement. She showed up for this, and the judges just gave her a slap in the face.

I wish I could say I am surprised. But I'm not. Caroline gets treatment like this from U.S. judges regularly. :disapp:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Heh....You are preaching to the choir. Real pity about Caroline, glad the crowd has responded like I would. The biggest stars at National Championships are usually federation politics.

Although I don't blame the system, but more the people who manages/manipulate them.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
At the 2010 Nationals, the fix was in for Rachel to win. I prefer Rachel's skating to Mirai, but NO WAY Rachel should have gotten over 200 points there.
Bring back 6.0.

Agree that Rachael shouldn't get over 200, but she was the clear winner. Mirai URed a bunch of jumps and I saw all of them in real time. No way she should have won.