Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    A FEW? -- maybe they just don't want her anywhere near the podium.
    Zhang had an utterly abysmal GP season, so it's no surprise the judges have discarded her. 12th in Nebelhorn, 9th at Skate Canada, and 10th at Rostelecom. She blew away any momentum she had following a 4th at Nationals and a 3rd at 4CC last season by how badly she was received over the fall.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    It's b$$Sh$%T that Kira and Caroline's scores are so close.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Yes, I agree. That's a total low-ball for Caroline. At the least, she deserved to be over 50 points and ahead of Amanda Hoffman! TPTB sending a message once again I'm sure.

I don't care re downgrading, they gave Caroline nothing for the beauty of her spins and her hard-won improvement. She showed up for this, and the judges just gave her a slap in the face.
    I wish I could say I am surprised. But I'm not. Caroline gets treatment like this from U.S. judges regularly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    So since politics still enters into the scores, why are we bothering with this BS scoring system which disconnects the audience from the results and has injured skaters with legs flying out of their sockets? How about returning to 6.0 with NO anonymous judging, and institute a judging oversight committee.
    Heh....You are preaching to the choir. Real pity about Caroline, glad the crowd has responded like I would. The biggest stars at National Championships are usually federation politics.

Although I don't blame the system, but more the people who manages/manipulate them.
    Last edited by os168; 01-24-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    At the 2010 Nationals, the fix was in for Rachel to win. I prefer Rachel's skating to Mirai, but NO WAY Rachel should have gotten over 200 points there.
    Bring back 6.0.
    Agree that Rachael shouldn't get over 200, but she was the clear winner. Mirai URed a bunch of jumps and I saw all of them in real time. No way she should have won.

Custom Title
    Oh, oh, oh. Now let's see Gracie's score. I wonder if they will be generous just to keep her in the running. I'm sorry she didn't have a good skate, because I expected her to do well. She seemed really nervous when she started just like she was at the opening of her first GP performance.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    I wish I could say I am surprised. But I'm not. Caroline gets treatment like this from U.S. judges regularly.
    And with international judges, too. I think it hurts her to not have the same wow-factor as Gracie and Ashley.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Unfortunate for Gracie, she looked really nervous. :(

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Oh, oh, oh. Now let's see Gracie's score. I wonder if they will be generous just to keep her in the running. I'm sorry she didn't have a good skate, because I expected her to do well. She seemed really nervous when she started just like she was at the opening of her first GP performance.
    Oh, NO :( Did she fall?

Not a fan of Gold's SP... the smiles are all 5 year old cheese smiles, and she doesn't really have the character of the music IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    At the 2010 Nationals, the fix was in for Rachel to win. I prefer Rachel's skating to Mirai, but NO WAY Rachel should have gotten over 200 points there.
    Nah, Mirai had been getting so many UR calls that season (internationally), it was obvious that she was URing all over the place. Nationals isn't was not an exception. If I'm not mistaken, she had UR calls at the Olympics too.

Agree on the 200+ pt. mark though.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Argh Gracie. It was nerves for sure. She's a lovely performer. This is really unfortunate. It's up to her and her coaches to get it together for the FS because if she has a great FS and her first senior nationals she can still make a impression and be one to fear next year.

Custom Title
    I hope Gracie doesn't become another Mirai or Alissa not being able to handle the pressure.

Custom Title
    AAAH man. Gracie just couldn't pull it together for the sp. I have a feeling she'll come back in the free. The toe us under-rotated. She looked so good coming out of the flip. Shame. And the pop in the axel. It just wasn't her night.

Custom Title
    Yikes...I feel bad for Gracie.

I hate the Zhang got downgrades and UR....but, speed aside, I still think she looks improved AND I really enjoyed her performance.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast