2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mirai still in front. Christina had a beautiful program going, but she noticeably began to tighten up going into the 2-axel even though she landed it beautifully. Maybe she was thinking too much when she made the silly mistake on a spin. But she got it back landing her final triple. Plus she did a beautiful triple/ triple in the opening. Christina has way more artistry than Courtney Hicks, as well as solid jumps. How much did they take off for the problems on Christina's spin?

I'm guessing she lost a few levels---likely went to B or level 1

macy

Record Breaker
I'm confused with Ashley's score too. Must have been downgrades because I thought that was a good skate.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Christina in 3rd... tough to juggle Harvard and Skating, but not bad at all.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

No not at all. Besides the flukey mistake (I can't help but wonder if she tripped on some nic on the ice or something) that was the best I've seen that SP. That 3T-3T was gorgeous and she had lots of attack and she had beautiful arms.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Would it be fair though, that's the question, if she only does a 3/2 with no Lutz.

If she performs the heck out of it and sticks all the elements, why not? The program's a lot more than just a jump combination and another jumping pass. You of all people should know that since you started the popular PCS thread. :p

ForeverFish

Medalist
Would it be fair though, that's the question, if she only does a 3/2 with no Lutz.

Well, Wagner has a lutz (I think), but it's also a 3-2. And even if she falls, I expect her to be placed ahead of Mirai. Maybe even 70+ (which would be a relief, given the state of the field).

Art&Sport

Medalist

Going to school has seemed to work for Christina. In this instance, it was a bit of tightness it seems due to nerves or thinking too much. Still, she did all her major elements -- it was just a silly mistake on a spin. She would definitely have been in front of Hicks and probably behind Mirai slightly, especially with the gorgeous 3/3 Christina landed.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Well, Wagner has a lutz (I think), but it's also a 3-2. And even if she falls, I expect her to be placed ahead of Mirai. Maybe even 70+ (which would be a relief, given the state of the field).

In the interests of combating endemic nationals inflation, I hope not...

Also, I believe Wagner does 3F-2T, 3Lo and 2A in her SP b/c she has a flutz.