2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
PCS:32.83 TES:34.74 Total:67.57

Good job, Ashley:) I'm surprised that there's no inflation on the scores.

For me, I'm not supprised at all with thoses scores, the judges give a message to Ashley: «stop doing easy jump content like a junior skating and do something like a Senior skater.» Like 3/3 or triple lutz
So they want to give Mirai Nagasu a chance to win the nationals because she tried 3/3 instead of Ashley. So, I think it normal that the score of Mirai and Ashley are in a similar mix.

Art&Sport

Medalist
What??? Why? That was a total gift for Agnes. Looks like USFS doesn't want Mirai on the team. Didn't Mirai win two medals on GP and Agnes one?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
How can Agnes beat Mirai Nagasus skate with a fall. That is crazy. I can see why the judges like her, but she doesnt produce.

ForeverFish

Medalist
So, unsurprisingly, Wagner's in 1st, followed by Zawadzki, then Mirai. Gao in 5th, and Gold in 9th.

Someone tell me if I'm being unrealistic, but if Gold skates a clean FS, is there any chance she'll be on the podium? I just want this girl to succeed so bad.

willdu

On the Ice
I agree with everybody's comments that Mirai hasn't been connecting as much with the audience as she used to. It's like she's thinking too much. And also, she doesn't finish off her movements completely. As an example, she'll do a bit of an Ina Bauer, but doesn't hold it out.

Her Carmen program was exceptional for finishing. Each an every movement. The spiral was held out. The ina bauer. The spread eagle at the end.

Maybe its her new choreographer? I'll say that Lori Nichol's past two seasons with Mirai were not spectacular.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
What??? Why? That was a total gift for Agnes. Looks like USFS doesn't want Mirai on the team. Didn't Mirai win two medals on GP and Agnes one?

No worries, it is unlikely Agnes can do a good enough LP to keep Mirai off the team regardless.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Maybe Mirai going first held the scores down. Nobody beat her until Ashley, so that kind of put a cap on the marks.

Mmmm..... Mirai and Ashley did great. Everyone else was filler. Except maybe Christina, who I loved tonight except for the silly mistake.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
So, unsurprisingly, Wagner's in 1st, followed by Zawadzki, then Mirai. Gao in 5th, and Gold in 9th.

Someone tell me if I'm being unrealistic, but if Gold skates a clean FS, is there any chance she'll be on the podium? I just want this girl to succeed so bad.

Podium, like 1-2-3, podium? Or 4th place podium? 'cause US Nats give out pewter medals too ... but anyway, I hope so!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

I can't see Gold jumping six spots unless everyone else in contention for 3rd has a total meltdown.

samson

Medalist
I'll want to see the protocols. Agnes' levels must have been insane. Here we go with COP again. I get that the system has a very specific way of working but how can you put Agnes with a fall ahead of a clean Mirai?

katymay

Medalist

Looks to me to be a premium on speed, power and big jumps. I've noticed the same on the international level, so our judges just seem to be following suit.