Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 519

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

  1. #241
    On the Ice Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17,271

    0 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    If she performs the heck out of it and sticks all the elements, why not? The program's a lot more than just a jump combination and another jumping pass. You of all people should know that since you started the popular PCS thread.
    Exactly. I love her SP.

    What's with all the tangos tonight?! They're all starting to sound the same.

  2. #242

    0 Not allowed!
    Does anybody know what the record is for lowest mean short program score at a Ladies US Nationals?

  3. #243
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,847

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Well, Wagner has a lutz (I think), but it's also a 3-2. And even if she falls, I expect her to be placed ahead of Mirai. Maybe even 70+ (which would be a relief, given the state of the field).
    I don't think Wanger has a 3Lz planned in the SP, it's a 3Lo her solo jump.

  4. #244
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    245

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    If she performs the heck out of it, why not?
    One thing I wished Mirai would do. Haven't seen her perform the heck out of anything since Worlds in 2010 for the SP. Maybe her Witches of eastwick? Mirai needs to channel her spunk again. But congrats on her achievement. Seems like the coach change was extremely beneficial. That spartacus program was boring.

  5. #245
    Bona Fide Member Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,111

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yes, exactly. It's a similar situation with Adelina in Russia. I hope they both will learn from their experiences and be better for it.
    Ah well, it's one bad SP at nats. But it would certainly do her a lot of a good if she nailed her FS. If she nails it and moves up in the standings I'm certain that people will still be talking about her as one to watch out for next year.

  6. #246

    0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to Golden Skate, willdu. Post often! Post long!

  7. #247
    On the Ice Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17,271

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Ah well, it's one bad SP at nats. But it would certainly do her a lot of a good if she nailed her FS. If she nails it and moves up in the standings I'm certain that people will still be talking about her as one to watch out for next year.
    Yes.....I'm hoping she does a better FS as well. She can move up if she does well, she's only five points behind Courtney Hicks in the No. 2 spot.

  8. #248
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,525

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    In the interests of combating endemic nationals inflation, I hope not...
    We'll have to see what the judges think, really...but whatever crowd is present will love her, and even with a 1.00 deduction, she shouldn't have any problem clearing the 70 mark.

    Also, I already have the nagging suspicion that a clean or semi-clean Gold on Saturday will end up on the podium. The judges really tried to save her with that 54.08.

  9. #249
    On the Ice Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17,271

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Does anybody know what the record is for lowest mean short program score at a Ladies US Nationals?
    I don't know that on the top of my head...research project anyone?

  10. #250
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,847

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    If she performs the heck out of it and sticks all the elements, why not? The program's a lot more than just a jump combination and another jumping pass. You of all people should know that since you started the popular PCS thread.
    O.K., you got me. My concern is though given Mirai skated so early, and most likely got low-balled in terms of her PCS as a result of the skating order - would it be fair knowing this unfortunate fact of life in skating?

  11. #251
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,835

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by riceplate View Post
    Mirai's SP http://youtu.be/rC6VFrfC6Sg

    I like how Tonia said Caroline was just "a little bit" short on the 2nd loop as the slo-mo clearly showed the underrotations.
    In her opening pose, Mirai had that Kwan "I -mean -business" look. Wonderful skate.

  12. #252
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,525

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I don't think Wanger has a 3Lz planned in the SP, it's a 3Lo her solo jump.
    You're right--I was thinking of her 3F-2T-2T. My bad.

  13. #253
    UnBona Fide COP OS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,006

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by willdu View Post
    One thing I wished Mirai would do. Haven't seen her perform the heck out of anything since Worlds in 2010 for the SP. Maybe her Witches of eastwick? Mirai needs to channel her spunk again. But congrats on her achievement. Seems like the coach change was extremely beneficial. That spartacus program was boring.
    Yeah it is weird, Mirai's exhibitions have been better performed than her competition programs these past years. I prefer her exhibition this year for example than her competition programs.

  14. #254
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,972
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by willdu View Post
    One thing I wished Mirai would do. Haven't seen her perform the heck out of anything since Worlds in 2010 for the SP. Maybe her Witches of eastwick? Mirai needs to channel her spunk again. But congrats on her achievement. Seems like the coach change was extremely beneficial. That spartacus program was boring.
    Mirai can't seem to do her jumps and skate with freedom at the same time it seems. She looks like she's checking off the elements and it hurts her performance.

  15. #255

    0 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Mirai can't seem to do her jumps and skate with freedom at the same time it seems. She looks like she's checking off the elements and it doesn't look natural.
    Mirai was excellent tonight. Best SP I've ever seen her skate. And that includes the one from the 2010 Worlds.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •