2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Good luck Mirai!! I am hoping for a Miracle on this one!!!! Probably last realistic season if she is going to go for Sochi!!! Comeon!!!

2nd spot is good, she doesn't have to think so much!

flying camel

Medalist
I hope its a dog fight in the SP. I hope they all skate well.. I have to admit I do have a soft spot for Christina. I hope its finally her turn to shine.

I just noticed that Linda Leaver is one of the judges in the ladies event.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Go Gracie! She's definitely head-and-shoulders above the rest of her group, and this is the time to skate two clean programs.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
best to all esp ash, aggie mirai and gracie. skate well-best two go to worlds and get us 3 oly spots-

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
prediction for sp ranking

1 Gracie Goldd
2 Ashley Wagner
3 Mirai Nagasu
4 Hannah Miller

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I just noticed that Linda Leaver is one of the judges in the ladies event.

I met the judge Linda Leaver at the Senior B in Salt Lake City. She is a very nice lady but is not the skating coach Linda Leaver. Apparently there are two Linda Leavers.

James R

Match Penalty
Does anyone know when I can watch this? I own an icenetwork subscription but I can't find any info on their site, and I know they delayed most of the GP events by a week.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Does anyone know when I can watch this? I own an icenetwork subscription but I can't find any info on their site, and I know they delayed most of the GP events by a week.

I think the events not being shown on tv are shown live.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
prediction for sp ranking

1 Gracie Goldd
2 Ashley Wagner
3 Mirai Nagasu
4 Hannah Miller

I agree with 1-3 but Hannah for 4th? I love her spunk and attitude but when you look at her technical content compared to Angela, Agnes, Christina and Courtney, plus the fact this is her debut at nationals, I'm not too sure if that's a realistic placement for her. If she's clean I think she'll make top 10, but in the 7-10 range...

kwanatic

Record Breaker

You can watch the ladies SP tonight live...nationals and SA are the only events Icenetwork shows live. On Saturday Icenetwork will have the early groups of the ladies FS and the last two groups will be broadcast on NBC.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I agree with 1-3 but Hannah for 4th? I love her spunk and attitude but when you look at her technical content compared to Angela, Agnes, Christina and Courtney, plus the fact this is her debut at nationals, I'm not too sure if that's a realistic placement for her. If she's clean I think she'll make top 10, but in the 7-10 range...

She scored almost 60 points for her SP at the JGPF. Hicks won't likely get as high PCS, Angela if she doesn't hit her 3-3 won't likely be near 60, Christina clean should be higher but the SP has been a struggle for her this season and her layout is not all that ambitious (3t-3t and 3lo), so I actually could see Miller being pretty high up. A clean Zawadzki though should score really high, and don't forget Cesario either, or Siraj if she hits her 3t-3t with that lovely program.

flying camel

Medalist
I met the judge Linda Leaver at the Senior B in Salt Lake City. She is a very nice lady but is not the skating coach Linda Leaver. Apparently there are two Linda Leavers.

Oh ok, I thought she was Brian Boitano's coach. Thanks for the info!

kwanatic

Record Breaker
She scored almost 60 points for her SP at the JGPF...

She hasn't skated at a senior level competition yet, plus she's not one of the main 4 or 5 people who are expected to medal here. As much as we hate it, reputation is a big part of nationals. It should really be factored into the score...maybe next year they can add a section to the PCS called RP (Reputation: how you usually skate, how the judges like you, etc.).

If Christina, Agnes, Angela and Courtney make mistakes I think 4th would be a possibility. Christina and Agnes definitely have a big leg up over her; if Angela's clean, Hannah can't beat her; I abhor Courtney's skating but she skates fast and jumps big which the judges like. I really like Hannah, especially her style and the way she skates outward. However she has no 3-3 (everyone else does) and her jumps aren't nearly as big as other girls, and those kind of things will factor in.

I hope she does well. Who knows? She could end up in 4th after the SP...but given what's at stake (2 places to worlds for spots in Sochi) and the level of the competition, I'm not sure how likely that is.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Hannah has good technical contents and her pcs arent that bad either
though a clean Gao or Zawadzki will beat her
but those two skating clean sps are a question mark

lilshorty

On the Ice
The ladies sp is starting right now. I don't have an icenetwork.com subscription to watch, but I follow U.S. Figure Skating on Twitter and they are giving a play by play of the whole event.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai is a diffferent skater when she's the underdog. The problem is when she is on the radar again she gets scared. It's almost a catch 22 situation with her.

Last edited:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
just got online & caught the final spin in Mirai's SP, but they just replayed her 3T/3T - landed nicely. She was happy at the end.

64.39 - into 1st!!!