Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Well, yes. Maybe not with silver or gold, and she'll be on the podium if she skates clean without any mistakes. Oh, and others, like Agnes and Christina, would have to have a FS with a mistake or two. Otherwise, Gracie won't be on the podium.
    I'd love to see Agnes and Christina turn out clean FS's, too. If neither Mirai nor Ashley melt down on Saturday, they'll probably be the Worlds team. A clean Gracie might still be sent to 4CC.

Ugh, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Mirai should try a new choreographer, why not take the choreographer of Kaetlyn Osmond for her, I think it will really suit Mirai since Osmond have the joy of skating like Mirai has in the past
    Yes. you're right.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Mirai has better PCS than Agnes. What a crock of ****&&@#%!!!

No... Agnes' PCs are MUCH better than Mirai(especially Skating Skills). Zawadzki's program is also more original and unique. I like the song, the choreo and the transitions.

The only PC item that Mirai should have gotten a higher score than Agnes is Performance/Execution.

Shame i could not watch but looking forward to videos. I will get the free on tv though. Iam surprised Gracie Gold is so low. I wonder did Mirai under rotate a jump?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    Can't wait to see Ashley's SP. I can't belive someone who fell is ahead of someone who was clean. Good ol' figure skating judges.
    Have you watched skating in the past 10 years? Falls are only -1 with some -GOE which can be fudged. Falls don't matter nearly as much as they should. It's all about base element values, UR and also favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    I'll want to see the protocols. Agnes' levels must have been insane. Here we go with COP again. I get that the system has a very specific way of working but how can you put Agnes with a fall ahead of a clean Mirai?
    I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this judging is bunk.
    Last edited by Reginald; 01-28-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Custom Title
    Gracie may end up on the junior world team ;o(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    Can't wait to see Ashley's SP. I can't believe someone who fell is ahead of someone who was clean. Good ol' figure skating judges.
    Because that hasn't happened in virtually every single competition ever.

Medalist
    Someone want to rescore the night for fun out of 6.0? It would drastically change standings.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    What??? Why? That was a total gift for Agnes. Looks like USFS doesn't want Mirai on the team. Didn't Mirai win two medals on GP and Agnes one?
    Agnes performs the more difficult 3Lutz compared to Mirai's 3loop. Plus, Nagasu got a level 2 on a spin combination while all of Zawadzki's non-jump elements were Levels 3 and 4.

Custom Title
    Ashley certainly is vulnerable if she doesn't bring it on in her lp. I expected her to have more of a cushion after the short program

skating philosopher
    Protocals are up:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...0/results.html

Ashley: Level 2 sit spin. Postive GOE on everything. Two of her three jumping passes was after the halfwaymark
    Agnes: Besides the 2A, great GOE. Level 4 step!
    Mirai: Level 2 combo spin. Lower GOE than the other two. Even her layback only got .79.
    Courtney: 3T in 3-3 UR, no level 4 elements.
    Christina: Level 2 spin and obviouly -GOE. But OK GOE on everything else. Level 4 step sequence!
    Yasmin: 3T in combo UR. negative GOE on combo and 3Z, but level 4s on everything!
    Samantha: Level 2 layback. OK GOE.
    Hannah Miller: Ah, 3Lo was DG, so in essence scored like a 2Lo-2Lo. yikes! a little bit of -GOE on the flip. But level 4s on everything.
    Gracie Gold: Negative GOE on combo and 2A 3T on combo UR..But got decent GOE on the rest.
    Angela Wang: Negative GOE on Lutz fall.
    Ashley Cain: 3S UR -- level 2 layback with negative GOE.
    Caroline Zhang: 3Lo UR - 3Lo DG, 3F DG -- huge negative GOE on both -- scant + GOE on everything else except layback.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    Gracie may end up on the junior world team ;o(
    I bet she will. I'm still crossing my fingers for 4CC, though.

Custom Title

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Ashley certainly is vulnerable if she doesn't bring it on in her lp. I expected her to have more of a cushion after the short program
    Mmm not really. The best Mirai might manage is a program that is mostly clean with 2 jumps called for UR. Ashley with even her GP final long program with a 3 point lead and in the LP much higher scoring potential to begin with will stay ahead. Zawadzki is unlikely to hold it together even enough to keep 2nd but crazier things have happened.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast