Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: 2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Kwanatic - fairly is a buge Caroline Zhang fan and everyone else sucks in his/her estimation and feels that no one is treated as harshly by any judging panel as she is and it's not fair.

FWIW: Had Zhang not get those DG/UR and GOE was netural, she would have received a total score of 59.19, which is actually comparable to her score from last year. But her PCS is low relative to last year....more than two points lower this year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Nagasu shorted her rotations in two of her feature to the location of the review camera on the CCoSp which is how she got a level 2. This is why MOST coaches work with their skaters to identify the location of the review camera while at practice and also why they (should) stress to hold the positions longer than they feel is "two revs". It's not a big conspiracy to hold Nagasu (or anyone else) down...
    I looked at the combo spin again to see what was short, but everything seemed to be greater than 2 revolutions: the front camel, 3 illusions, sideways sit, back camel, catchfoot, and then I-spin. Which ones do you think they saw as short?

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Kwanatic - fairly is a buge Caroline Zhang fan and everyone else sucks in his/her estimation and feels that no one is treated as harshly by any judging panel as she is and it's not fair.
    Oooooh...okay, I guess I get it now. I admire the improvements Caroline has made and her determination. Sadly, however, her skill level is not up to par with the top ladies.

But fairly shouldn't feel the need to trash everyone else just b/c Caroline isn't doing that well. I was proud of the performance she turned in last night, even with the URs. I hope she has a solid LP for her own satisfaction and personal goals. All she can do now is skate for herself...and there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I looked at the combo spin again to see what was short, but everything seemed to be greater than 2 revolutions: the front camel, 3 illusions, sideways sit, back camel, catchfoot, and then I-spin. Which ones do you think they saw as short?
    Read my second post after I went and reviewed it - the initial camel spin dumps out of its rotational circle (you can see her kind of hitch around 1 3/4 revs) before the minimum number of revs to establish the base spin position was reached which negates ALL the features on that 1/2 of the spin.

I just watched Agnes's SP performance. The stands are still more than 1/2 empty and she was the last skater.

Custom Title
    Read my second post after I went and reviewed it - the initial camel spin dumps out of its rotational circle (you can see her kind of hitch around 1 3/4 revs) before the minimum number of revs to establish the base spin position was reached which negates ALL the features on that 1/2 of the spin.
    Oh, I see. Thanks! That makes sense, because before I noticed that when skaters wobbled on the entrance/first parts of the spin, it would frequently be called level 1 (or just a lower level).

Custom Title
    Skate order tomorrow: Agnes, Ashley, Mirai

I worry for Mirai, especially if Ashley nails it with this draw.

Down With It
    Wow, Wagner definitely got a break there by not drawing last...

Nagasu is definitely in an interesting position for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Oh, I see. Thanks! That makes sense, because before I noticed that when skaters wobbled on the entrance/first parts of the spin, it would frequently be called level 1 (or just a lower level).
    No problem. I couldn't recall what I had seen last night that immediately struck me that yep, screwed on level, so I went and reviewed it when I had a moment. The rule was updated this year on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    I just watched Agnes's SP performance. The stands are still more than 1/2 empty and she was the last skater.
    it was a later evening competition on a work/school night. not surprising.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Agnes and Mirai both looked strong in their main elements. I just can't get excited about either of their short programs this season though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    it was a later evening competition on a work/school night. not surprising.
    Well, who made the smart decision to hold it then? lol

What Caroline did elsewhere has nothing to do, of course, with last night's skate, but I know she got no UR's for her short at Skate Canada---not on the flip or the loops. So I wonder if she really has the reputation of being an URer. I have never heard that before. Her hammer toe technique with the lutz and flip are the most widely discussed problem I have heard about.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Well, who made the smart decision to hold it then? lol

What Caroline did elsewhere has nothing to do, of course, with last night's skate, but I know she got no UR's for her short at Skate Canada---not on the flip or the loops. So I wonder if she really has the reputation of being an URer. I have never heard that before. Her hammer toe technique with the lutz and flip are the most widely discussed problem I have heard about.
    Once they started becoming harsher on URs in the 07-08 season, Caroline Zhang was called for a bunch of underrotations. If you go through her protocols from old competitions, < is a relatively common sight. She commonly appeared to skate clean but didn't receive very high scores due to downgrades.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast