2013 Europeans Short Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Short Dance

Country
Russia
and everyone improved their personal best by 3-4 points, except Anna and Luca, who improved by around 0.20???
Hope the FD will be different!!!
CL improved their result in SD (with respect to Euro-2012) by about 7.
IK - by 3, BS - by 4.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Those are all Russian "imports" like the number 5. "Azeri " couple, who competed for Russia beforehand not to mention Nelli Zhiganshina, who also did so.

There were a few Brits skating for other nations aswell, but because they are lower down nobody bothers. ;)

Sarah Coward for Bulgaria, Kira Geil for Austria, and ofcourse Lloyd Jones for France. :cool:

Country
Russia
Julia Andreeva,
Irina Nechkina,
Alexander Gorojdanov,
Julia Semjonova

So, of course the name itself doesn't mean citizenship, but Nationality.....

Do you see in protocols four judges scores (PCS, GOE) significantly higher than others?
I do not.

figureskate

On the Ice
CL improved their result in SD (with respect to Euro-2012) by about 7.
IK - by 3, BS - by 4.

C/L had a not so good performance at last year's euros. they had problems with twizzles, so this year as they were clean on those the improvement was evident, but didn't improve from Sochi

Country
Russia
C/L had a not so good performance at last year's euros. they had problems with twizzles, so this year as they were clean on those the improvement was evident, but didn't improve from Sochi
Other couples also have visible improvement.

figureskate

On the Ice
Other couples also have visible improvement.

I totally agree, I was just pointing out that a 7 points improvement from last year by C/L wasn't really an extraordinary thing. I think Bobrova/Soloviev delivered today and deserved the scores they have received as well as Ilinykh/Katsalapov who finally got a level 4 for Polka s.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
and the levels for B/S were upgraded.
Impossible. B/S skated in the previous group. Their score was announced already and wasn't changed after C/L skated. But don't worry. I realize that you were just kidding.
I can't talk about the technical score but the PCS should be way higher.
Twizzles level 4????
Yes, dear twizzles level 4, D/W- wise and quality. What I am amused by the most in this thread is that judging by posts people couldn't watch the skaters in group 5 because the stream went down. But I observe here the univesal weeping regarding the fact that C/L lost to Russians. What can be more pathetic than judging without knowing.
As for PCS "way higher" I assume it's a one more joke. Way higer is like what? 10 a la Voir all over the board? C/L skated quite slowly, like 15 minutes or somesuch. Her back is wooden and legs are all hop-hop/skip-skip. The concept of the dance is quite silly but I admit they do their best to look just funny. Where are the overpraised Shpil's edges? I saw mini-skiing on the ice instead.
Russians skated better compared to their earlier selves but still wasn't perfect. When they are, the gap between them and Italians will be way bigger, simply because Italians can't skate better. Both Russian teams are so close to each other that it was rather difficult to predict the result. The protocols are up and you can observe the details. I/K SD I see like one whole unit, while B/S is more like two dances in the similar genre skating one after another. B/S was magic and fairy, like crystal dances from the music box. I/K was original charismatic, super fast and full of life. I don't see where C/L can be even near it. Enjoy youtube when vids are up.

figureskate

On the Ice
Impossible. B/S skated in the previous group. Their score was announced already and wasn't changed after C/L skated. But don't worry. I realize that you were just kidding.

I think the sense was that they were upgraded BEFORE their scores were announced by a technical panel review.

As for PCS "way higher" I assume it's a one more joke. Way higer is like what? 10 a la Voir all over the board? C/L skated quite slowly, like 15 minutes or somesuch. Her back is wooden and legs are all hop-hop/skip-skip. The concept of the dance is quite silly but I admit they do their best to look just funny. Where are the overpraised Shpil's edges? I saw mini-skiing on the ice instead.
Russians skated better compared to their earlier selves but still wasn't perfect. When they are, the gap between them and Italians will be way bigger, simply because Italians can't skate better.

I agree with the Russians getting higher pcs since they both have amazing ss and flow across the ice, but hey, can't you just appreciate someone's skate without taking down some others?

IleK

On the Ice

Yes, dear twizzles level 4, D/W- wise and quality. What I am amused by the most in this thread is that judging by posts people couldn't watch the skaters in group 5 because the stream went down. But I observe here the univesal weeping regarding the fact that C/L lost to Russians. What can be more pathetic than judging without knowing.
Russians skated better compared to their earlier selves but still wasn't perfect. When they are, the gap between them and Italians will be way bigger, simply because Italians can't skate better. Both Russian teams are so close to each other that it was rather difficult to predict the result. The protocols are up and you can observe the details. I/K SD I see like one whole unit, while B/S is more like two dances in the similar genre skating one after another. B/S was magic and fairy, like crystal dances from the music box. I/K was original charismatic, super fast and full of life. I don't see where C/L can be even near it. Enjoy youtube when vids are up.

Well, I saw everything on TV and the italians war far better than the rest. I would say in my opinion. But you didn'y say that the russians were better in your opinion. I like Elena and Nikita but their programs are awful and the other russian team it's nice but just nice, nothing special and had some wobbles here an there, they didn't skate with ease, he seemed stressed and she did a a very strange twizzles while the italians had very powerful and quick twizzles. I prefer Ekaterina an Ilia to the other 2 russian teams.

La Rhumba here is a link for photos https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...35136641.92268.113697665347647&type=1&theater

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the top finishers! Sounds like it was great skating from the top 3.

I hope that Anna and Luca kick it in the Free Dance for the Gold!

Country
Russia
I totally agree, I was just pointing out that a 7 points improvement from last year by C/L wasn't really an extraordinary thing. I think Bobrova/Soloviev delivered today and deserved the scores they have received as well as Ilinykh/Katsalapov who finally got a level 4 for Polka s.

Yes.

I've seen this season situations (V/T twice, Asada at NHK Trophy, etc) when "judges, what are you doing? what a shame!".
Now it is not so, now (as for me) WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Well, I saw everything on TV and the italians war far better than the rest. I would say in my opinion. But you didn'y say that the russians were better in your opinion. I like Elena and Nikita but their programs are awful and the other russian team it's nice but just nice, nothing special and had some wobbles here an there, they didn't skate with ease, he seemed stressed and she did a a very strange twizzles while the italians had very powerful and quick twizzles. I prefer Ekaterina an Ilia to the other 2 russian teams.

La Rhumba here is a link for photos https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...35136641.92268.113697665347647&type=1&theater

Thank you! :) And thanks for your comments on the top group SD, which those of us with streams missed.

Kalina

On the Ice
What I am amused by the most in this thread is that judging by posts people couldn't watch the skaters in group 5 because the stream went down.

I watched it all live on tv, no stream going down. And yes, I/K had very fast twizzles, but they looked not in synch with each other, so I expected more of a level 3. That's it.
As for B/S levels being upgraded, if you'd read attentively you might have realised that katia meant that they were initially called level 3, and then reviewed and upgraded, before their scores went up. Same thing happened to C/L, but in reverse.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Do you see in protocols four judges scores (PCS, GOE) significantly higher than others?
I do not.

agreed their rankings are deserved although I would have put I/K ahead of B/S in SD
their twizzles were really good quality