Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 142

Thread: 2013 Europeans Short Dance

  1. #106
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    CL improved their result in SD (with respect to Euro-2012) by about 7.
    IK - by 3, BS - by 4.
    C/L had a not so good performance at last year's euros. they had problems with twizzles, so this year as they were clean on those the improvement was evident, but didn't improve from Sochi

  2. #107
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    C/L had a not so good performance at last year's euros. they had problems with twizzles, so this year as they were clean on those the improvement was evident, but didn't improve from Sochi
    Other couples also have visible improvement.

  3. #108
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Other couples also have visible improvement.
    I totally agree, I was just pointing out that a 7 points improvement from last year by C/L wasn't really an extraordinary thing. I think Bobrova/Soloviev delivered today and deserved the scores they have received as well as Ilinykh/Katsalapov who finally got a level 4 for Polka s.

  4. #109
    Penny & Nick! La Rhumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    606
    Anyone got a link for photographs please?

  5. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by katia View Post
    and the levels for B/S were upgraded.
    Impossible. B/S skated in the previous group. Their score was announced already and wasn't changed after C/L skated. But don't worry. I realize that you were just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I can't talk about the technical score but the PCS should be way higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Twizzles level 4????
    Yes, dear twizzles level 4, D/W- wise and quality. What I am amused by the most in this thread is that judging by posts people couldn't watch the skaters in group 5 because the stream went down. But I observe here the univesal weeping regarding the fact that C/L lost to Russians. What can be more pathetic than judging without knowing.
    As for PCS "way higher" I assume it's a one more joke. Way higer is like what? 10 a la Voir all over the board? C/L skated quite slowly, like 15 minutes or somesuch. Her back is wooden and legs are all hop-hop/skip-skip. The concept of the dance is quite silly but I admit they do their best to look just funny. Where are the overpraised Shpil's edges? I saw mini-skiing on the ice instead.
    Russians skated better compared to their earlier selves but still wasn't perfect. When they are, the gap between them and Italians will be way bigger, simply because Italians can't skate better. Both Russian teams are so close to each other that it was rather difficult to predict the result. The protocols are up and you can observe the details. I/K SD I see like one whole unit, while B/S is more like two dances in the similar genre skating one after another. B/S was magic and fairy, like crystal dances from the music box. I/K was original charismatic, super fast and full of life. I don't see where C/L can be even near it. Enjoy youtube when vids are up.

  6. #111
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Impossible. B/S skated in the previous group. Their score was announced already and wasn't changed after C/L skated. But don't worry. I realize that you were just kidding.
    I think the sense was that they were upgraded BEFORE their scores were announced by a technical panel review.


    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    As for PCS "way higher" I assume it's a one more joke. Way higer is like what? 10 a la Voir all over the board? C/L skated quite slowly, like 15 minutes or somesuch. Her back is wooden and legs are all hop-hop/skip-skip. The concept of the dance is quite silly but I admit they do their best to look just funny. Where are the overpraised Shpil's edges? I saw mini-skiing on the ice instead.
    Russians skated better compared to their earlier selves but still wasn't perfect. When they are, the gap between them and Italians will be way bigger, simply because Italians can't skate better.
    I agree with the Russians getting higher pcs since they both have amazing ss and flow across the ice, but hey, can't you just appreciate someone's skate without taking down some others?

  7. #112
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Impossible. B/S skated in the previous group. Their score was announced already and wasn't changed after C/L skated. But don't worry. I realize that you were just kidding.

    Yes, dear twizzles level 4, D/W- wise and quality. What I am amused by the most in this thread is that judging by posts people couldn't watch the skaters in group 5 because the stream went down. But I observe here the univesal weeping regarding the fact that C/L lost to Russians. What can be more pathetic than judging without knowing.
    As for PCS "way higher" I assume it's a one more joke. Way higer is like what? 10 a la Voir all over the board? C/L skated quite slowly, like 15 minutes or somesuch. Her back is wooden and legs are all hop-hop/skip-skip. The concept of the dance is quite silly but I admit they do their best to look just funny. Where are the overpraised Shpil's edges? I saw mini-skiing on the ice instead.
    Russians skated better compared to their earlier selves but still wasn't perfect. When they are, the gap between them and Italians will be way bigger, simply because Italians can't skate better. Both Russian teams are so close to each other that it was rather difficult to predict the result. The protocols are up and you can observe the details. I/K SD I see like one whole unit, while B/S is more like two dances in the similar genre skating one after another. B/S was magic and fairy, like crystal dances from the music box. I/K was original charismatic, super fast and full of life. I don't see where C/L can be even near it. Enjoy youtube when vids are up.
    Well, I saw everything on TV and the italians war far better than the rest. I would say in my opinion. But you didn'y say that the russians were better in your opinion. I like Elena and Nikita but their programs are awful and the other russian team it's nice but just nice, nothing special and had some wobbles here an there, they didn't skate with ease, he seemed stressed and she did a a very strange twizzles while the italians had very powerful and quick twizzles. I prefer Ekaterina an Ilia to the other 2 russian teams.

    La Rhumba here is a link for photos https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

  8. #113
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,988
    Congrats to the top finishers! Sounds like it was great skating from the top 3.

    I hope that Anna and Luca kick it in the Free Dance for the Gold!

  9. #114
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    I totally agree, I was just pointing out that a 7 points improvement from last year by C/L wasn't really an extraordinary thing. I think Bobrova/Soloviev delivered today and deserved the scores they have received as well as Ilinykh/Katsalapov who finally got a level 4 for Polka s.
    Yes.

    I've seen this season situations (V/T twice, Asada at NHK Trophy, etc) when "judges, what are you doing? what a shame!".
    Now it is not so, now (as for me) WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get.

  10. #115
    Penny & Nick! La Rhumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    Well, I saw everything on TV and the italians war far better than the rest. I would say in my opinion. But you didn'y say that the russians were better in your opinion. I like Elena and Nikita but their programs are awful and the other russian team it's nice but just nice, nothing special and had some wobbles here an there, they didn't skate with ease, he seemed stressed and she did a a very strange twizzles while the italians had very powerful and quick twizzles. I prefer Ekaterina an Ilia to the other 2 russian teams.

    La Rhumba here is a link for photos https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Thank you! And thanks for your comments on the top group SD, which those of us with streams missed.

  11. #116
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    What I am amused by the most in this thread is that judging by posts people couldn't watch the skaters in group 5 because the stream went down.
    I watched it all live on tv, no stream going down. And yes, I/K had very fast twizzles, but they looked not in synch with each other, so I expected more of a level 3. That's it.
    As for B/S levels being upgraded, if you'd read attentively you might have realised that katia meant that they were initially called level 3, and then reviewed and upgraded, before their scores went up. Same thing happened to C/L, but in reverse.

  12. #117
    Penny & Nick! La Rhumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    606

  13. #118
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Do you see in protocols four judges scores (PCS, GOE) significantly higher than others?
    I do not.
    agreed their rankings are deserved although I would have put I/K ahead of B/S in SD
    their twizzles were really good quality

  14. #119
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,480
    Videos of Short Dance (I believe, will be all) http://www.youtube.com/user/LaRiserv.../videos?view=0
    Good quality.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/diodio00.../videos?view=0 - worse quality but all except Warm Ups 1 and 5.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 01-23-2013 at 11:37 AM.

  15. #120
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,667
    Videos up to Coomes/Buckland now:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/LaRiserv.../videos?view=0

    Lol, the person above beat me to it!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •