2013 Europeans Pairs - Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Pairs - Short Program

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
K/S pcs are tanking they have almost the same pcs as S/K , J/C and B/H are ahaed of them !
had B/L had this mistake they would score around 60-63 points. soo sad for K/S :cry:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I have to say that I completely disagree with V/T's score: some judges gave +2 to their 3S when he was evidently losing his balance in the landing and they're still receiving 9.50-9.75 in the PCS! :disapp:
I don't like S/S's SP this year, it doesn't work at all for me, but I'm happy that they skated clean and I hope that they will receive higher PCS tomorrow...

why ? its not like S/S have masterpieces, had B/L competed and skated clean they would beat S/S or on level with them in pcs

FSGMT

Record Breaker
why ? its not like S/S have masterpieces, had B/L competed and skated clean they would beat S/S or on level with them in pcs
It's just that I don't like their program... :slink: (But, as I said in my post, I don't like S/S, too, so I would give them the same PCS, but I'm not a judge so... ;) )

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
congrats to B/H for skating clean sp's for 3 consecutive times ;once V/T and S/S retire
Berton/Hotarek, James/Cipres will really do well in Euros

StellaCampo

On the Ice
Big relief to see V/T skate without major hiccups, but I was sad Maxim had to skate a silly programme at such a difficult moment.
I was totally unmoved by S/S's SP. At least, before I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the choreography and costume, but now nothing of particular interest.
B/H presented what figure skating ought to strive for. Very comportable to watch.
K/S has become totally unpredictable. They seemed to have lost confidence in themselves. Consistency was never their strength but now they seem to have psychological issues.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Big relief to see V/T skate without major hiccups, but I was sad Maxim had to skate a silly programme at such a difficult moment.
I was totally unmoved by S/S's SP. At least, before I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the choreography and costume, but now nothing of particular interest.
B/H presented what figure skating ought to strive for. Very comportable to watch.
K/S has become totally unpredictable. They seemed to have lost confidence in themselves. Consistency was never their strength but now they seem to have psychological issues.

and their pcs are dropping
if they continue to make mistakes by next season

Russian Pair ranking by next season would be

V/T
B/L
S/K
K/S

might as well retire if that happens, I hope not. K/S have always been incocnsistent
so hopefully they will have the skate of their season at Worlds

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 73.23 Short Program
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 70.21 Short Program
3. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 64.28 Short Program
4. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 59.27 Short Program
5. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 56.20 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 55.14
7. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 53.75 Short Program
8. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 53.70
9. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 47.26 Short Program
10. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 45.39 Short Program
11. Julia LAVRENTIEVA & Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 41.66 Short Program
12. Stina MARTINI & Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 39.07 Short Program
13. Elizaveta MAKAROVA & Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 37.15 Short Program
14. Maria PALIAKOVA & Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR) - 37.06 Short Program
15. Magdalena KLATKA & Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL) - 34.73 Short Program

Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2, Group 3, Group 4

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So many problems lately for Kavaguti/Smirnov from finishing 7th at the last Worlds to 6th at the GPF and now this disappointing 5th place in the SP behind teams in 3rd and 4th place that they've previously dominated. They are really losing momentum! Sad! :(

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
and their pcs are dropping
if they continue to make mistakes by next season

Russian Pair ranking by next season would be

V/T
B/L
S/K
K/S

might as well retire if that happens, I hope not. K/S have always been incocnsistent
so hopefully they will have the skate of their season at Worlds

Yeah, my guess is if K/S don't even make the Russian Olympic team they'll retire. I still think they will be ahead of S/K though next season.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
I was referring to the sudden death of his father 2 days ago :cry:

I wasn't even aware of this, but I am very sorry to hear this sad news. I have even more respect for Maxim now, and it is impressive that he went out and skated a great program after this.

seniorita

Record Breaker
K/S that was disaster, I think I cursed them, cause I said I love her dress before she started. Close to me was Moskvina and she looked not happy.
S/S changed costume only or music too? I dont remember from the start of the season at all. Audience wasnt thrilled but me I liked it cause it is different, I loved especially the end. Aljona was really nervous from the warm up, they didnt sell it for sure. But I find them unique.
Audience gave SO to V/T, I tried to watch the program but was looking at Maxim instead and it made me sad. But they did well all concidering. Klimova/Stolbov have such great details but I was waiting a lot more and the people who saw them first time didnt get impressed. Waiting for their Lp now! Italians rocked it and got many cheerings! And french had the most entertaining program. Arena was much more full than ice dance.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
K/S that was disaster, I think I cursed them, cause I said I love her dress before she started. Close to me was Moskvina and she looked not happy.
S/S changed costume only or music too? I dont remember from the start of the season at all. Audience wasnt thrilled but me I liked it cause it is different, I loved especially the end. Aljona was really nervous from the warm up, they didnt sell it for sure. But I find them unique.
Audience gave SO to V/T, I tried to watch the program but was looking at Maxim instead and it made me sad. But they did well all concidering. Klimova/Stolbov have such great details but I was waiting a lot more and the people who saw them first time didnt get impressed. Waiting for their Lp now! Italians rocked it and got many cheerings! And french had the most entertaining program. Arena was much more full than ice dance.

I thought that was the same music for Aliona and Robin, just different costumes. I'm not 100% sure though since I only saw their program once before this season.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A disappointing skate from K/S, I really thought they would have come out strong here, but the Russian number 2 slot is disappearing on them. Too many errors, fall on the 3T, stumble out of the throw, sloppy exit from the death spiral and not all positions hit in the lift. Still I hope they can come back in the long they are about 8 point behind the Italians so they pull that back.

A deserving lead for V/T, very enjoyable performance, it's grown on me as the season has progressed but Max needs to lose the tache. Good comeback from S/S if a little tentative, still in with a good shot of gold. The Italians skated the best I have seen them, really deserved that score, wonder can they deliver a strong free? I was hoping for more from S/K but they were not at their best.

Roll on the free.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 73.23 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 70.21 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 64.28 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 59.27 Short Program
5. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 56.20 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 55.14 Short Program
7. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 53.75 Short Program
8. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 53.70 Short Program
9. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 47.26 Short Program
10. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 45.39 Short Program
11. Julia LAVRENTIEVA & Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 41.66 Short Program
12. Stina MARTINI & Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 39.07 Short Program
13. Elizaveta MAKAROVA & Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 37.15 Short Program
14. Maria PALIAKOVA & Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR) - 37.06 Short Program
15. Magdalena KLATKA & Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL) - 34.73 Short Program

Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2, Group 3, Group 4

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I notice everytime Smirnov made a SBS jumping mistake, the following throw, she always went down. Seems like this guy tried to sabotage the pair to make sure the blame is not solely on him.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
1. I thought V/T were the best they've ever been. Sold it a lot better, which made the program feel less skeevy. The throw triple was divine. Ugly death spiral though.

2. S/S deserved second, I'm afraid. Beautiful skating, interesting dancy program, but not as good as their best.

3. Berton/Hotarek looked so happy with their skate, and they should be. Wish they had a more intense version of this music to match. Love their body line and how they accentuate it. Very attractive couple.

4. Dube/Davison ruined SBS camel spins for me, so I really hate seeing them from an angle where you can't tell exactly how far apart they are.

5. James/Cipre were fun. Crazy twist, of course, but the rest was solid.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Probably buried under all the Kaetlyn Osmond threads ....
:laugh:

Huge cheer to Max. Keep it up, Man! Drunk sax prog didn't disappear anywhere. But at least it was somehow entertaining compared to the boring S/S who became even more dull without Robin's colourful baby crawlers.

Waiting for FP. :popcorn:

tulosai

Record Breaker
For my money, K/S can hold their heads high whatever happens to their career going forward. I know an Olympic medal must be their dream, and it's eluded them, and it appears it will again and on some level that is a pity.

However, they have made the GPF every year since 2007 except for last year when they had to withdraw from one of their events due to injury. They have two worlds medals, 4 Europeans medals including a gold (medaling there each year since 2007 except for last year when they WD as well), and have finished no lower than 9th at an international event since the beginning of their partnership- and this 9th was at the World Championships the very first year they were together. At any other International event but the World championships, the lowest they have placed is 6th.

All but 6 of their international placements at competitions have been 4th place or above (out of over 30 events). They were 4th at an Olympics. They have much to be proud of and I myself still love to watch them skate.

gioccia

On the Ice
SS - was THAT a program? Just going from one element from another. Good elements and awful costumes. As soon as VT appeared they're getting worse and worse: skating, programs, costumeswise.
VT - huge respect for what he did under those circumstances, hope he'll manage to pull himself together for the free as well. Elements wise they were better than SS, what's for the programs, some people may dislike it but it al least existed)))
KS - sad, great programs, awful performance. I wish Moskvina took some young promising couple. I just LOVE what she does.
SK - never liked them, but they're definitely improving
BH - solid, they have their style but mediocre technically wise
loved the second German pair, very promising)

TarAncalime

On the Ice
S/S program was subtle and not as flashy as V/T program so it may seem "weaker and less dynamic" to the public. IMO not that great choice of a music this time by Ingo Steuer. And I just love his choices throughout the years, always interesting, always something different...including when he skated with mandy Woetzel..;-) but that is a matter of taste. Apart from the points people already mentioned I noticed a shaky Maxim on 3S and that strange ending to their death spiral as people watching at the rink said. And where do those +2 in GOP for V/T come from? Nobody can explain that detail......
Otherwise condolences to Maxim of course, must be simply terrible to skate to such a music at this point in life, that was just awkward....:-( he pulled it off well under those circumstances, a real pro! For him it is important that he takes time off after the competition dealing with all of this.