The Italiens will pull an upset tonight!
More or less: more is more
Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)
Music: Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones
3FTw - ok, bit low
Nice skate! They should go in 3rd
Score: 34.77 + 29.51 = 64.28 (PB) and into 3rd ! They are ecstatic!
Last edited by sequinsgalore; 01-23-2013 at 03:08 PM.
I really have gotten on the Berton/Hotarek bandwagon this season!
Rightfully in third place though I have to say for me this last one was the most enjoyable performance! I would love to see them taking a medal tomorrow
Yeah for Stefania and Ondrej, they really deserve a good placement here, they are hard workers and have improved so much during the last couple of years (they are now receiving +2 in the triple twist that they weren't even able to attempt in their programs two seasons ago and last year they were constantly receiving level 1 in their BoDs that today has been a level 3 with +1 GOE!)
I have to say that I completely disagree with V/T's score: some judges gave +2 to their 3S when he was evidently losing his balance in the landing and they're still receiving 9.50-9.75 in the PCS!
I don't like S/S's SP this year, it doesn't work at all for me, but I'm happy that they skated clean and I hope that they will receive higher PCS tomorrow...
the Golden Era
K/S pcs are tanking they have almost the same pcs as S/K , J/C and B/H are ahaed of them !
had B/L had this mistake they would score around 60-63 points. soo sad for K/S
the Golden Era
why ? its not like S/S have masterpieces, had B/L competed and skated clean they would beat S/S or on level with them in pcs
Originally Posted by FSGMT
the Golden Era
congrats to B/H for skating clean sp's for 3 consecutive times ;once V/T and S/S retire
Berton/Hotarek, James/Cipres will really do well in Euros
Big relief to see V/T skate without major hiccups, but I was sad Maxim had to skate a silly programme at such a difficult moment.
I was totally unmoved by S/S's SP. At least, before I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the choreography and costume, but now nothing of particular interest.
B/H presented what figure skating ought to strive for. Very comportable to watch.
K/S has become totally unpredictable. They seemed to have lost confidence in themselves. Consistency was never their strength but now they seem to have psychological issues.
the Golden Era
and their pcs are dropping
Originally Posted by StellaCampo
if they continue to make mistakes by next season
Russian Pair ranking by next season would be
might as well retire if that happens, I hope not. K/S have always been incocnsistent
so hopefully they will have the skate of their season at Worlds
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT
1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 73.23 Short Program
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 70.21 Short Program
3. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 64.28 Short Program
4. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 59.27 Short Program
5. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 56.20 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 55.14
7. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 53.75 Short Program
8. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 53.70
9. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 47.26 Short Program
10. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 45.39 Short Program
11. Julia LAVRENTIEVA & Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 41.66 Short Program
12. Stina MARTINI & Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 39.07 Short Program
13. Elizaveta MAKAROVA & Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 37.15 Short Program
14. Maria PALIAKOVA & Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR) - 37.06 Short Program
15. Magdalena KLATKA & Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL) - 34.73 Short Program
Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2, Group 3, Group 4
Last edited by Mao88; 01-23-2013 at 05:52 PM.
"Hold an edge and look sexy!"
So many problems lately for Kavaguti/Smirnov from finishing 7th at the last Worlds to 6th at the GPF and now this disappointing 5th place in the SP behind teams in 3rd and 4th place that they've previously dominated. They are really losing momentum! Sad! :(
- * -
Yeah, my guess is if K/S don't even make the Russian Olympic team they'll retire. I still think they will be ahead of S/K though next season.
Originally Posted by sky_fly20
I wasn't even aware of this, but I am very sorry to hear this sad news. I have even more respect for Maxim now, and it is impressive that he went out and skated a great program after this.
Originally Posted by Mirunna