Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Europeans Pairs - Short Program

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    K/S that was disaster, I think I cursed them, cause I said I love her dress before she started. Close to me was Moskvina and she looked not happy.
    S/S changed costume only or music too? I dont remember from the start of the season at all. Audience wasnt thrilled but me I liked it cause it is different, I loved especially the end. Aljona was really nervous from the warm up, they didnt sell it for sure. But I find them unique.
    Audience gave SO to V/T, I tried to watch the program but was looking at Maxim instead and it made me sad. But they did well all concidering. Klimova/Stolbov have such great details but I was waiting a lot more and the people who saw them first time didnt get impressed. Waiting for their Lp now! Italians rocked it and got many cheerings! And french had the most entertaining program. Arena was much more full than ice dance.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    K/S that was disaster, I think I cursed them, cause I said I love her dress before she started. Close to me was Moskvina and she looked not happy.
    S/S changed costume only or music too? I dont remember from the start of the season at all. Audience wasnt thrilled but me I liked it cause it is different, I loved especially the end. Aljona was really nervous from the warm up, they didnt sell it for sure. But I find them unique.
    Audience gave SO to V/T, I tried to watch the program but was looking at Maxim instead and it made me sad. But they did well all concidering. Klimova/Stolbov have such great details but I was waiting a lot more and the people who saw them first time didnt get impressed. Waiting for their Lp now! Italians rocked it and got many cheerings! And french had the most entertaining program. Arena was much more full than ice dance.
    I thought that was the same music for Aliona and Robin, just different costumes. I'm not 100% sure though since I only saw their program once before this season.

Custom Title
    A disappointing skate from K/S, I really thought they would have come out strong here, but the Russian number 2 slot is disappearing on them. Too many errors, fall on the 3T, stumble out of the throw, sloppy exit from the death spiral and not all positions hit in the lift. Still I hope they can come back in the long they are about 8 point behind the Italians so they pull that back.

A deserving lead for V/T, very enjoyable performance, it's grown on me as the season has progressed but Max needs to lose the tache. Good comeback from S/S if a little tentative, still in with a good shot of gold. The Italians skated the best I have seen them, really deserved that score, wonder can they deliver a strong free? I was hoping for more from S/K but they were not at their best.

Roll on the free.

Custom Title
    PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 73.23 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    2. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 70.21 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    3. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 64.28 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 59.27 Short Program
    5. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 56.20 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    6. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 55.14 Short Program
    7. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 53.75 Short Program
    8. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 53.70 Short Program
    9. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 47.26 Short Program
    10. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 45.39 Short Program
    11. Julia LAVRENTIEVA & Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 41.66 Short Program
    12. Stina MARTINI & Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 39.07 Short Program
    13. Elizaveta MAKAROVA & Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 37.15 Short Program
    14. Maria PALIAKOVA & Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR) - 37.06 Short Program
    15. Magdalena KLATKA & Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL) - 34.73 Short Program

Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2, Group 3, Group 4
    Last edited by Mao88; 01-23-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Custom Title
    I notice everytime Smirnov made a SBS jumping mistake, the following throw, she always went down. Seems like this guy tried to sabotage the pair to make sure the blame is not solely on him.

Custom Title
    1. I thought V/T were the best they've ever been. Sold it a lot better, which made the program feel less skeevy. The throw triple was divine. Ugly death spiral though.

2. S/S deserved second, I'm afraid. Beautiful skating, interesting dancy program, but not as good as their best.

3. Berton/Hotarek looked so happy with their skate, and they should be. Wish they had a more intense version of this music to match. Love their body line and how they accentuate it. Very attractive couple.

4. Dube/Davison ruined SBS camel spins for me, so I really hate seeing them from an angle where you can't tell exactly how far apart they are.

5. James/Cipre were fun. Crazy twist, of course, but the rest was solid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Probably buried under all the Kaetlyn Osmond threads ....

Huge cheer to Max. Keep it up, Man! Drunk sax prog didn't disappear anywhere. But at least it was somehow entertaining compared to the boring S/S who became even more dull without Robin's colourful baby crawlers.

Waiting for FP.

For my money, K/S can hold their heads high whatever happens to their career going forward. I know an Olympic medal must be their dream, and it's eluded them, and it appears it will again and on some level that is a pity.

However, they have made the GPF every year since 2007 except for last year when they had to withdraw from one of their events due to injury. They have two worlds medals, 4 Europeans medals including a gold (medaling there each year since 2007 except for last year when they WD as well), and have finished no lower than 9th at an international event since the beginning of their partnership- and this 9th was at the World Championships the very first year they were together. At any other International event but the World championships, the lowest they have placed is 6th.

All but 6 of their international placements at competitions have been 4th place or above (out of over 30 events). They were 4th at an Olympics. They have much to be proud of and I myself still love to watch them skate.

Custom Title
    SS - was THAT a program? Just going from one element from another. Good elements and awful costumes. As soon as VT appeared they're getting worse and worse: skating, programs, costumeswise.
    VT - huge respect for what he did under those circumstances, hope he'll manage to pull himself together for the free as well. Elements wise they were better than SS, what's for the programs, some people may dislike it but it al least existed)))
    KS - sad, great programs, awful performance. I wish Moskvina took some young promising couple. I just LOVE what she does.
    SK - never liked them, but they're definitely improving
    BH - solid, they have their style but mediocre technically wise
    loved the second German pair, very promising)

On the Ice
    S/S program was subtle and not as flashy as V/T program so it may seem "weaker and less dynamic" to the public. IMO not that great choice of a music this time by Ingo Steuer. And I just love his choices throughout the years, always interesting, always something different...including when he skated with mandy Woetzel..;-) but that is a matter of taste. Apart from the points people already mentioned I noticed a shaky Maxim on 3S and that strange ending to their death spiral as people watching at the rink said. And where do those +2 in GOP for V/T come from? Nobody can explain that detail......
    Otherwise condolences to Maxim of course, must be simply terrible to skate to such a music at this point in life, that was just awkward....:-( he pulled it off well under those circumstances, a real pro! For him it is important that he takes time off after the competition dealing with all of this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    For my money, K/S can hold their heads high whatever happens to their career going forward. I know an Olympic medal must be their dream, and it's eluded them, and it appears it will again and on some level that is a pity.

However, they have made the GPF every year since 2007 except for last year when they had to withdraw from one of their events due to injury. They have two worlds medals, 4 Europeans medals including a gold (medaling there each year since 2007 except for last year when they WD as well), and have finished no lower than 9th at an international event since the beginning of their partnership- and this 9th was at the World Championships the very first year they were together. At any other International event but the World championships, the lowest they have placed is 6th.

All but 6 of their international placements at competitions have been 4th place or above (out of over 30 events). They were 4th at an Olympics. They have much to be proud of and I myself still love to watch them skate.
    Well said, they have also won a medal at every grand prix event they have been assigned to (13 in all) including gold at every grand prix except Skate America (they haven't yet gone) and they have a GPF medal as well. Not to mention they have been plagued with injuries far more than any other team but keep going strong.

I think they have a good chance at a bronze even though they are eight points back. B/H have a personal best of 112.24 and K/S have a seasons worst of 119.83 with many mistakes. B/H have been in third twice now and last year they dropped to 4th. That may work for them or against them.

I didn't care for B/H short program but they did a great job. I like their free skate much better. I didn't like S/S at all; they had all the elements but were one of the most boring programs of the competition. J/C was really good I hope they continue to improve. I'm really disappointed in S/K, they had every opportunity to do well and they blew it but I do think their scores were too low. I love V/VC!

One funny (ironic) note: The only other time Smirnov has fallen on a jump in his career was in Zagreb in 2008 and they managed to move up to 3rd. So maybe it's fate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post

Huge cheer to Max. Keep it up, Man! Drunk sax prog didn't disappear anywhere. But at least it was somehow entertaining compared to the boring S/S who became even more dull without Robin's colourful baby crawlers.

Waiting for FP.
    agreed, S/S programs this season were only intersting because of their weird costumes
    now it looks boring, generic and empty, B/L even have better programs than S/S

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    B/L even have better programs than S/S
    But B/L have arther nice programs this season, IMO, especially Spartacus. I really missed them yesterday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    But B/L have arther nice programs this season, IMO, especially Spartacus. I really missed them yesterday.
    indeed they improved so much this season
    had they been at Euros and skated cleanly they would have been guaranteed silver medalists

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    indeed they improved so much this season
    had they been at Euros and skated cleanly they would have been guaranteed silver medalists
    Mhhm, ahead of S/S? I doubt it. But if they skated clean they'd be in the 3d for sure.
    As to S/S - there's still a LP, so anything can happen, but I hope that V/T will keep it together and finally win over S/S.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast