Plushenko - problems? | Golden Skate

Plushenko - problems?

Country
Russia
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130123/641360242.html (Russian)
My translation:

Plushenko finished official practice ahead of time in Zagreb

ZAGREB, 23 January - R-sports, Andrey Simonenko. Olympic champion Evgeny Plushenko ahead of schedule left ice during official training in the figure skating European championship in Zagreb.

Plushenko who was repeatedly noting that an injury of a back disturbs him, with visible difficulties executed jumps during the official practice at Wednesday afternoon on a training skating rink. At the beginning of practice Plushenko fell extremely unsuccessfully from 3Lz+3T combo. The hollow in ice could become the reason of falling which happened during pushing away before the second jump, according to being present experts.

After incident the Olympic champion took some detours along a board then repeated the unfortunate combo. After that - 3A twice, one of them - in 3A+3T combo. Evgeny's only attempt at practice to make 4T was with step out. Plushenko's half-hour training finished 10 minutes before its termination.

Plushenko's coach Alexey Mishin refused to give official comments concerning a condition of the Olympic champion.

Two other Russian participants of the Euro training in the same group - Sergey Voronov and Maxim Kovtun - without problems executed difficult jumps. So, Kovtun made the 4T+3T combo, and also several times executed 3A.

Men's Short Program will be at Thursday.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Yesterday he also finished earlier. Nothing wrong with that. They know what they are doing.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
As far as I understood he had a good fall and...that's all! He fell thousand of times before!:) It seems he's not injured.:agree:

:agree::agree::agree:

stupid media, they wants to make sensation!!

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, we'll see tomorrow - nobody has Plushy's sheer willpower - nobody!

Also, I recall an Elvis Stojko quote from some recent article or other "rarely do you want to win all your practices" (or words to that effect)

Country
Russia
There are "champions of practice" - not the same that champions of competitions.

Tarasova said "No matter how stably you jump at practice - you must perform your jumps at competition".

seniorita

Record Breaker
I didnt see men practice, i went to ice dance but the rest who saw practice said it was normal for Plu to leave earlier, he does it often.
It is a problem that one rink is 5 km away from the other, you cannot go back and forth to see practices, plus the main arena has no numbers on tickets so you need to be early to catch a seat. I missed ladies too and I think this year I ll pass practices.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We have a saying in Formula One - "there are no points for practices". I agree. It's true for figure skating.

Why should he spend himself on practice when the real thing is so soon? I'm fine with him leaving practice early to save himself for the short program!

Icey

Record Breaker
Dick Button used to frequently say don't leave your competitive performance on the practice ice.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plush had a so and so practrice and Fernandez had a bad one this morning, so I m hoping both are saving for the competition!:clap: