Photojournalist Barry Mittan has passed | Golden Skate

Photojournalist Barry Mittan has passed

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Barry Mittan passed away after a serious automobile accident that took place 22 Jan. He never regained consciousness, and was declared brain dead and removed from life support on 23 Jan. He died peacefully surrounded by family and friends.

Barry Mittan was one of the world's top photojournalists of figure skating for many years. He will be sorely missed.

bibi

On the Ice
Sad news, I've seen his name a lot and his photographs were beautiful. But I'm not sure to know who he was, was he at canadians just last week-end? If so, I might know who he was, a guy who seemed to really enjoy skating and talked a lot to the skaters!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Barry Mittan contributed many fine articles to Golden Skate. I will always remember his work and his photographs fondly. What a tragedy.

bibi

On the Ice
Sad news, I've seen his name a lot and his photographs were beautiful. But I'm not sure to know who he was, was he at canadians just last week-end? If so, I might know who he was, a guy who seemed to really enjoy skating and talked a lot to the skaters!
oops, I think I mistaked him with David W Carmichael..

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Very shocked to read this. He was definitely someone I looked up to as a photographer. He was very good to work with when I did skater websites, too. He had been encouraging me a lot lately on my sports photography. He will be missed. Praying for his family and friends during this time. :cry:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is terrible news. :cry: He had so many gorgeous photos. My prayers and condolences to his family & friends.

KKonas

Medalist
So sorry to hear of Barry's untimely passing. I knew him and his excellent skating photography over the past 15 years. He retired from skating photography a couple of years ago.