Thread: Sretenski pleads guilty in case

Banned

Sretenski pleads guilty in case

I couldn't find Sretenski thread in the Edge. Maybe it's in archive by now.

He has pleaded guilty to charges he improperly touched a teenage student during a competition. Genrich Sretenski pleaded guilty to a charge of endangering the welfare of a child. He was sentenced Friday to a year in jail but the sentence was conditionally discharged. He was originally charged with felony counts of sexual abuse and three misdemeanors. The victim agreed to the sentence to avoid the trauma of a trial. She still has a pending civil lawsuit against Sretenski.
    http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/art...NY-4194195.php

Custom Title
    So that's how this turned out.

Ugh. How nauseating. I feel grimy just because I used to enjoy watching this guy skate with his partner. Imagine how his co-workers feel, and the parents of any other students he had, and the students themselves, having assumed he was a decent guy and not realizing what was going on right outside their view.

There's a phrase in the Bible that's often translated into English as "whited sepulcher," meaning a structure that's painted to look immaculate and pleasing but that is actually a tomb with a rotting corpse inside. Some people really are whited sepulchers—they masquerade as regular folk, but underneath their facade, they're making other people's lives miserable for their own gratification.

Banned
    She is a minor, i.e. the file will be sealed forever. Without knowing the evidence I cannot have an opinon on the matter.

Custom Title
    Well then, my hope is that it never happens again and that only justice was done.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    She is a minor, i.e. the file will be sealed forever. Without knowing the evidence I cannot have an opinon on the matter.
    Um, he pleaded guilty. You don't have to see the evidence to know what that means.